Program Sukan Malam By KBS

Quoted from http://www.kbs.gov.my/index1.php

KBS ANJUR PROGRAM SUKAN MALAM
Tarikh: 09 Jan 2007

PUTRAJAYA â€" Dalam usaha menangani masalah mat rempit di kalangan remaja masa kini, Kementerian Belia dan Sukan mengambil langkah bijak dengan menganjurkan Program Sukan Malam yang akan berlangsung pada 20 dan 21 Januari depan di Litar Go Kart, Batu 3, Shah Alam. Dalam sidang medianya, Menteri Belia dan Sukan, YB Dato’ Azalina bt. Dato’ Othman Said berkata, program tersebut berupaya menggerakkan pembangunan modal insan untuk remaja dan belia serta mengukuh dan meningkatkan pembentukan insan yang cemerlang.

Menurut beliau lagi, program Sukan Malam ini diwujudkan bagi memberi peluang kepada golongan belia mengisi masa lapang dengan melakukan aktiviti bersukan pada waktu malam.Program Sukan Bermotor Malam merupakan satu program yang bermatlamat untuk membantu kerajaan menangani masalah ‘Mat Rempit’ di kalangan remaja dan belia yang bermotosikal dan memastikan mereka tidak terus terpinggir dalam arus pembangunan sukan massa.

Program sepanjang tahun ini akan bermula pada 20 dan 21 Januari tahun ini dan akan diadakan dua kali sebulan. Di antara pengisian aktiviti- aktiviti utama kempen tersebut termasuk Go Kart, Futsal, ‘3 on 3 Basketball’, Bola Jaring, ‘Roller Blade’, ‘Roller Skate’ dan BMX.

Artikel Oleh: Fikri

Foto dan Grafik: Zazali Katan

Perhaps my-kart members can join this event? Or, this event is not suitable?

Forum topics: 

mikko

If i understood correctly it's a program to keep mat rempits away from street racing by giving them activities to do in the evening/night? And it'll be at the Shah-Alam kart track area and will be held two weekends a month from now on?

Anyone going to have a look?

TheFazz's picture

TheFazz

mikko wrote:
If i understood correctly it's a program to keep mat rempits away from street racing by giving them activities to do in the evening/night? And it'll be at the Shah-Alam kart track area and will be held two weekends a month from now on?

Anyone going to have a look?

your bahasa malaysia is better than mine! i may have a check.

------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thefazz.com/me

naza

I will certainly be a keen observer as this is a national initiative to draw mat rempits away from the streets. I have my doubts whether this will work cos there is prize money, betting and 'other considerations' involved that really were the reasons that kept alive this foolhardiness or madness......but hopefully the rest will pick up the sports

alvinkhorfire

I hope that those who have a look there can obtain the info like the entry fee, the contact person, what is the detail of their activity and so on. Thanks.

Note: Anyone who has posted to me , please wait for my reply in about 4-6 days. I am a social internet surfer who surf once or twice per week. Anyway, I will certainly reply to those concerned. Thank you for your patience.

TheFazz's picture

TheFazz

i spoke to wai leong this afternoon. found out that the event is open for all. although mainly targetted at bikers. not sure whether karting will be a main agenda. probably not.

alvinkhorfire

Thanks, Fazz. Is it free?

Note: Anyone who has posted to me , please wait for my reply in about 4-6 days. I am a social internet surfer who surf once or twice per week. Anyway, I will certainly reply to those concerned. Thank you for your patience.

Jules

Alvin - Mat Rempits are violent ppl, so pls beware. You may lose ur life playing with them.

I was ONE during my teen years.....superman riding style was our norm. Foolish & foolhardy = YES!

But anyhow I honestly dunno why this is now an issue for the govt since illegal racing/betting/woman prize money/drug taking before "races" was even there during my days....the more you give this kids the media attention - the rowdier they will get.

Anyhow, if they improve the school extra curriculum activities to keep the idle minds busy, I think the long term result would be far better...than what they are doing here.

Just my 2 cents.