DISCUSSION DRAFT: membership benefits

please feel free to comment my suggestions. Please pardon my "not proper" business english as I have never written a business proposal before, all my techincal proposal only at point forms biggrin

1. Racing events

1a. K1 - The K1 class will be one of the final stepping stones to a racing career / more serious karting. Initially, we do not expect many participants in K1, but it is still a go status. This class will entail further guidance and allow drivers to move up the ladder in their racing hobby (or career).

The K1 class can be run together with the K2 class if participation falls below 5. This is possible as K2 drivers are somewhat experience and ethical drivers. It is likely to have the JGTC format to allow K1 start ahead followed by K2 karts at the back.

There are currently many owner-karters at CityKarting who do not have an reasonably affordable platform to race their karts -practically running aimlessly- and eventually drop out themselves. The K1 class can be targeted to this group and promote my-kart to even wider coverage.

This class shall start with kart owners. Moving forward, my-KART will be exploring some form of easy ownership scheme, to increase interest particularly from the K2 and K3 drivers. This task is assigned to my-KART Promotion. See below for more on easy ownership.

The K1 series may not run over 10 events -unlike the K2 and K3 series- in order to be easy on the pocket of the K1 drivers.

1b. K2 â€" maintain as current, and promote K2 new blood promoting capable K3 drivers
1c. K3 â€" Beginners and also promotion of capable K4 drivers
1d. K4 â€" NEW. definition needed for K4

If more of the classes created, longer time needed for a day event that should be necessary. Extra activities at lunch time can be organized (subject to discuss)

1e. Endurance - night endurance will be a good and relatively new event to start off. Many of the night karters may not know there is existence of my-kart, it will be a good area of to explore. Suggestion that out of the 6 MEs planned, 1 or 2 should go night endurance.

2. Workshops and Clinics

2a. K1 especially, many of karters looking forward to tune to their personal preference, this is where the area we should look into. Workshop or clinic basically is owner karters gather to have sessions sharing tuning information, just extra activities other the normal Kx 10 races series. Should there is easy ownership scheme offered by M-kart promotion, this workshop/clinic session will be a good bundle and more persuasive activity.

2b. K3 workshop, a separate session conducted by “senior” karters, a simple lesson of track driving with additional time tracking progress (on the same kart). This will be more to personal attention session to beginners. The session can be aided by the 2 seater kart (yellow tanker) at the practical session. Of course kart renting shall be born by trainnees themselves. This is where the special discount rate offer to members from CK comes about in handy. 2 ways beneficial that my-kart trains beginners and also trainers.

2c. Clinic mainly aims for fine tuning, that it has be conducted by experienced karting racer either from inside my-kart (licensed racers, so far can think of 2 they are Jules and Tarmizi), if necessary, hire or honorary invitation.

2d. K4 workshop, similar to K3 workshop.
This aims family gathering. Young driver accompany by parents that helps to promote my-kart for any forth coming events and updates. Is also brings to opportunity to train up new trainer from K3 to be prepared to promote to K2 or K1.

These workshops and clinical session are going to worth the membership drive even so members are not participating any single series at all. Workshop and clinical series work conjunction with special discount rate from CK. Additional benefits to members if we have special deal with other track operators like speedway, sepang and etc. honestly I am more looking forward to langkawi track.

3. Activities and outings

Family outings like convoy to Cameron trip, PD over night stays and etc. With conjunction of these, we could have piggy-back media for the promotion, such as magazine and etc. (leaving this portion to commercial and marketing). MY-KART is registered club, it can seek for relevant authorities to assist convoy ie PDRM.

4. Affiliation

AAM affiliation is a MUST; we can see that is the ultimate request from “potential” members (including myself). Members will gain grand and formal race experience if should my-kart impose rigid regulations towards major events in conjunction with racing governing body such as AAM and or etc. Addtional my-kart will also helps members in acquisition of racing licenses such as MME and sanctioned karting events.

5. Sponsorship

Looking at the direction of car related sponsorship pertaining to my-kart is motorsports orientated. We may not necessary looking for funding. At any major event will be looking forward to variety of sponsorships, banners and or trophies. Hence this will put up good portfolio of MY-KART. These portfolios will benefit to My-kart promotion of invitation to more serious sponsorships.

We can create a link or badge of sponsorship at the main page of forum or even printing new sponsorship on latest updated version of T-shirt, cap and etc. I believe that stimulate at merchandising area a fair bit. 

6. Easy ownership scheme for K1

In reference to the K1 series mentioned above. my-KART will be exploring forms of easy ownership schemes to encourage K2 drivers to take the next step up the karting ladder. One approach is through raising sponsorship which will be done by my-KART Promotion.

The rough idea is to get investors for the 125 karts (can be used karts). The aim is to run K1 series at a reasonable price point and with sufficient commitment and fair returns to all parties: (i) the driver, (ii) my-KART Promotion and (iii) the investor / funder.

The role of my-KART Promotion Sdn Bhd (as distinct from Kelab my-KART Selangor) will be to engage in the commercial activities towards expanding the my-KART vision and mission. The company will be the owner of the my-KART brand and responsible to commercialize it. The company will use the club as an advertising / brand building platform and raise other funders & sponsors. These funds could be channeled towards the easy ownership scheme.

7. Merchandise

As the ultimate objective of my-kart will be event driven club, merchandizing keep to lower priority, however, the standards goodies have to be there like T-shirts, badges, cap or hat, stickers and etc.

Comments

luen's picture

luen

Wondering if we can have a group membership for other car club when they just enjoy the benefit of special rate offered and ICS only. Can classified this class as group honourary ?

----------------------------------
neat, balance and practical

naza

Folks,
Met AP while doing some night fun karting last Saturday out of curiosity. It felt grippier but would have been better if the lighting was brighter at all cornors. Also, better lighting at the cornors would help to spot stalled karts to avoid them..... almost ran into a friend....that was close! (now thinking to withdraw from next night enduro).

AP revised discounted kart rental rates for mykarters (upon sighting mykart ID ) for the 80 cc but no change for the cadet and accompanying kart as follows; however must check with Luen on how best to tie AP to these discounted rates:

Cadet kart : RM 10.00
Accompanying 80 cc kart : RM 20.00

80 cc kart : 5 sessions voucher @ RM 125.00 (It was RM 100.00 but said he didnt recall!)
....I immediately bought one, just to be sure..hehehe.

100 cc kart : 5 sessions for RM 250.00

AP wants to see the ID samples soon.

luen's picture

luen

hey Naza, thanks for the infor.

1.The 80cc discount card that i had last time was 150 for 5 rounds, collect 3 get one round free 80cc;

2. 100cc discount card, RM250 for 5 rounds collect 3 get one round free 100cc

If technical and safety review that night karting is not safe to go, I think we shall put at halt.

Kadet with accompanying 80cc best apply for K4 workshop and family outing anytime

naza

luen wrote:
hey Naza, thanks for the infor.

1.The 80cc discount card that i had last time was 150 for 5 rounds, collect 3 get one round free 80cc;

2. 100cc discount card, RM250 for 5 rounds collect 3 get one round free 100cc

If technical and safety review that night karting is not safe to go, I think we shall put at halt.

Kadet with accompanying 80cc best apply for K4 workshop and family outing anytime

Right Luen, but my-kart need to put this discounted rental rates on paper so that AP wont change his mind too easily.
TheFazz's picture

TheFazz

naza wrote:
Right Luen, but my-kart need to put this discounted rental rates on paper so that AP wont change his mind too easily.

yes agreed. let's get a first cut agreement done up for discussion. or at the very least a quick email / letter / fax to confirm the rates. then we can do a formal agreement.

------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thefazz.com/me

luen's picture

luen

Ok, i will draft an email to City Karting AP for the agreement. By the way , what is AP's name?

naza

luen wrote:
Ok, i will draft an email to City Karting AP for the agreement. By the way , what is AP's name?

Ng Kim Kee....if not mistaken
luen's picture

luen

Please agree before i send out, thanks

Dear Mr. NG Kim Kee,

Thank you for the support to Kelab MY-KART Selangor. Over the meeting of yourself and Kelab My-Kart Selangor’s secretary Mr. Nazaruddin, we were acknowledged that City Karting offering special discount kart-rental rate to Kelab My-Kart Selangor members as follow categories;

1. RM125 (voucher) for 5 sessions of 80cc 2 stroke of 10 minutes per session;
2. RM250 (voucher) for 5 sessions of 100cc 2 stroke of 10 minutes per session;
3. RM10 for cadet and accompany 80cc for RM20 (no voucher needed) per session of 10 minutes at any family outing activities at City Karting;

With condition to entitle special rate that,

1. Only valid member of Kelab MY-KART Selangor;
2. All members must present Kelab MY-KART Selangor ID at new purchase of voucher;
3. Special discount rate in category 3, parents or guardian must be a valid member of Kelab My-Kart Selangor;
4. Cadet class driver must be for age 12 or below;
5. Special rate subject to both parties agreement should there is a review needed.

Kelab MY_KART Selangor moving forward popularizing grassroots motor-sports, we are looking forward of a longer term partnering with City Karting. Thank you.

Faithfully yours,

GNOW Chui Luen
REP of member-benefits of Kelab MY-KART Selangor

TheFazz's picture

TheFazz

luen wrote:
Please agree before i send out, thanks

a bit formal... but ok i guess. this is just an email to acknowledge the discussion held on the topic of kart rental fees. a more formal agreement / MOU will come later. so i would go with :

Dear Mr. NG Kim Kee,

I refer to the discussion between yourself and the secretary of Kelab my-KART Selangor -Nazaruddin on {date}. I would like to record the following agreement on kart rental fees for my-KART members:

1. RM125 (voucher) for 5 sessions of 80cc 2 stroke of 10 minutes per session;
2. RM250 (voucher) for 5 sessions of 100cc 2 stroke of 10 minutes per session;
3. RM10 for cadet and accompany 80cc for RM20 (no voucher needed) per session of 10 minutes at any family outing activities at City Karting;

With condition to entitle special rate:
1. Only valid member of Kelab my-KART Selangor;
2. All members must present Kelab my-KART Selangor ID at new purchase of voucher;
3. For special discount rate in item 3 above, parents or guardian must be a valid member of Kelab my-KART Selangor;
4. Cadet class driver must be age 12 or below;
5. Any review of the special rate subject to both parties agreement.

This arrangement will greatly help both Kelab my-KART Selangor and Citykarting develop and popularise grassroots motor-sports. We look forward to a longer term relationship with CityKarting. Thank you.

Faithfully yours,

GNOW Chui Luen
REP of member-benefits of Kelab my-KART Selangor

TheFazz's picture

TheFazz

folks

pls add your comments / refinements to this document which luen has so kindly posted.

jules - need your views as well from technical & safety perspective.

luen's picture

luen

luen wrote:
Wondering if we can have a group membership for other car club when they just enjoy the benefit of special rate offered and ICS only. Can classified this class as group honourary ?

any comment on this?

TheFazz's picture

TheFazz

luen wrote:

i can consider. however, what implications of this on other members? i think they can be members but with limited benefits.

naza

TheFazz wrote:
luen wrote:

i can consider. however, what implications of this on other members? i think they can be members but with limited benefits.

http://www.thefazz.com/me[/quote]
By definition, an honourary member will enjoy the same benefits except that they are not eligible to vote nor be voted. However, the intention of having honourary members is to primarily gain leverage in pursuing its objectives. If its solely for the purpose of enjoying the club's special rates, than maybe we could look at the possibility of treating them as guests for one off events or any special events.

TheFazz's picture

TheFazz

naza wrote:
By definition, an honourary member will enjoy the same benefits except that they are not eligible to vote nor be voted. However, the intention of having honourary members is to primarily gain leverage in pursuing its objectives. If its solely for the purpose of enjoying the club's special rates, than maybe we could look at the possibility of treating them as guests for one off events or any special events.

yup. as mentioned, their benefits need to be limited. but then again, any other clubs can participate as a team in any of the my-kart events including the Mega Enduro, the IC3 and others. however if they wish to enjoy more benefits beyond this, then they should subscribe.

but perhaps luen, you can provide an example of how these clubs would like to enjoy my-kart benefits?

luen's picture

luen

this type of membership like a group buy for a club. It can enjoy the special rate discount like the voucher mentioned above, they can buy one voucher at a time. Membership id is transferable within the club members (anyone can use). This membership entitles for mega endurance and IC3 with special rate (if any) but not on monthly championship series neither any other benefits. As the rules stand not eligible for vote and be voted. This type of membership is by invitation only to the club.

Objective is to introduce more karting events to other car clubs. I believe most of ppl out there they are more enjoying the special rates offered by CK.

TheFazz's picture

TheFazz

luen wrote:
this type of membership like a group buy for a club. It can enjoy the special rate discount like the voucher mentioned above, they can buy one voucher at a time. Membership id is transferable within the club members (anyone can use). This membership entitles for mega endurance and IC3 with special rate (if any) but not on monthly championship series neither any other benefits. As the rules stand not eligible for vote and be voted. This type of membership is by invitation only to the club.

Objective is to introduce more karting events to other car clubs. I believe most of ppl out there they are more enjoying the special rates offered by CK.

discounts for mega enduro and IC3 ok. but not the other member benefits. but in any case, our constitution is not structured that way. do we need to amend if we want to do this?

Jules

Sorry for silence and here are my views.

In regards to the original thread - I agree with all but need clarification on point 6 - 125kart private ownership scheme.

No issues on conducting driving clinics for me - just tell me when and let's see if my schedules allow it. I do prefer a complete track book out for this - safety reasons.

Nite Karting - yes, the really the safest thing to do cos if you use the public helmets, their visors are really bad and the vision thru it is very dicey.....I would not recommend using them if u r racing. If nite racing is to be ventured - enduro type races are all I will suggest as sprints format requires more desperate driving and hence higher accident possibilities.

Good idea on having a discount with CK and having a formal contract.

Club Aflliation should be allowed ie. HPC, 0-100 but core MyKart members should get most benefit from events or merchanise MyKart organises and sells.

hope I am clear but comments welcomed.

naza

TheFazz wrote:
luen wrote:

discounts for mega enduro and IC3 ok. but not the other member benefits. but in any case, our constitution is not structured that way. do we need to amend if we want to do this?

We need to amend the constitution only if we are creating another type of membership for car clubs members. Allowing discounts for specific events is an operational matter and does not constitute a change to any provisions of the constitution, in my view.
luen's picture

luen

Hi Naza, does involve propose and approve at AGM? Is this complicated?

naza

luen wrote:

Hi Naza, does involve propose and approve at AGM? Is this complicated?

No need to raise this in the AGM because this matter does not contradict the constitution and objectives.
TheFazz's picture

TheFazz

naza wrote:
No need to raise this in the AGM because this matter does not contradict the constitution and objectives.

let's have a draft club membership (affiliation) proposal. i am agreeable to extend the reach of my-kart programmes. this is in line with the brand & club's aims.

naza

Luen,
Met AP at about 6 pm and discussed about mykart's intention to run the k1 125 cc category. The following summarises the discussions:

Private kart - RM 100.00
This covers fuel, track and mechanic support during the race. This is assuming the previous set of Apexi tyres used in December 2006 is being use again, otherwise buy yourself a new set.

CK's Rented Kart - RM 500.00
Same as before but the karts available can be Rotax, Parilla, etc mounted on various chassis make.

Please therefore send an email to AP before he changes his mind...hehehe!

luen's picture

luen

naza, sorry for the late reply. I will draft another email to CK

Fazz, I will make a draft of club affiliation membership post up here later

luen's picture

luen

please comment before sending out....

Dear Mr. NG Kim Kee,

Thank you for the support to Kelab MY-KART Selangor. Over the meeting of yourself and Kelab My-Kart Selangor’s secretary Mr. Nazaruddin, we were acknowledged that City Karting offering special discount kart-rental rate to Kelab My-Kart Selangor members as follow categories;

1. RM100 for MY-KART Selangor monthly championship series. Package included petrol supply, mechanic of City Karting assistance and track fees;
2. RM500 for 125cc Kart rental of one event. Package included petrol supply, mechanic of City Karting assistance and track fees. Type of karts subjected to availability of City Karting, there shall be no constrain on engine make and chassis.

2. Special discount rate only for Kelab MY-KART Selangor monthly championship series.

Kelab MY_KART Selangor moving forward popularizing grassroots motor-sports, we are looking forward of a longer term partnering with City Karting. Thank you.

Faithfully yours,

GNOW Chui Luen

naza

Luen, just a little bit of amendment on 1) and 2) :

Dear Mr. NG Kim Kee,

Thank you for the support to Kelab MY-KART Selangor. Over the meeting of yourself and Kelab My-Kart Selangor’s secretary Mr. Nazarudin, we were acknowledged that City Karting offering special discount kart-rental rate to Kelab My-Kart Selangor members as follow categories;

1. Private kart Owners: RM100 for MY-KART Selangor monthly championship K1 series. Package included petrol supply, mechanic of City Karting assistance and track fees;
2. City Karting 125cc Kart rental for one event : RM 500. Package included petrol supply, mechanic of City Karting assistance and track fees. Type of karts subjected to availability of City Karting, there shall be no constrain on engine make and chassis.

2. Special discount rate only for Kelab MY-KART Selangor monthly championship series.

Faithfully yours,

GNOW Chui Luen

euss72's picture

euss72

naza wrote:
Luen, just a little bit of amendment on 1) and 2) :

Dear Mr. NG Kim Kee,

Thank you for the support to Kelab MY-KART Selangor. Over the meeting of yourself and Kelab My-Kart Selangor’s secretary Mr. Nazarudin, we were acknowledged that City Karting offering special discount kart-rental rate to Kelab My-Kart Selangor members as follow categories;

1. Private kart Owners: RM100 for MY-KART Selangor monthly championship K1 series. Package included petrol supply, mechanic of City Karting assistance and track fees;
2. City Karting 125cc Kart rental for one event : RM 500. Package included petrol supply, mechanic of City Karting assistance and track fees. Type of karts subjected to availability of City Karting, there shall be no constrain on engine make and chassis.

Faithfully yours,

GNOW Chui Luen

This is great guys. Sorry, did get to read this tread earlier. Luen, it looks ok to me. I believe all the contents are there and should be ok already.
--------------------------------
"Keep It Sweet & Simple"

naza

Folks / Luen,
Some update from AP on k1 race:

1) There will be a RM 20.00 charge for each kart if the AMB timing system is use as was the case in the Dec 06 race. Otherwise, we will have to do manual lap charts...Which?

2) If the participant is NOT a registered mykart member, he/she will have to deal direct with AP to settle the petrol/track fee/pit crew support OR settle with mykart......which?

3) Ballasts will be provided to meet the 160 kg minimum weight rule.

4) Control tyres will be Apexi65 (the Dec 06 race tyres).

5) 125cc rental kart engines: Rotax / Parilla / ROK......subject to availbility. Confirmation only after CNY.

Pages