12MBSA12ReinmusterLokmanAsra1:17.28444
13F&F4bkTanhxYong--1:17.853443
14Tail Happy Racing23AzlanYusneeFazz1:19.441343
15Team Goggles19joedanadrian1:18.72743
16Team Triple Aces8Azam(Anak Warna)Radzi(Anak Itam)LeonardLionFoong1:17.514242
17Team FUN Factor25>1EmmyLyndaAbg Amirul1:15.462840
18Team R314FaizalJonChua1:15.13239
19Team TCW24jbm1977lschoon8045f1diehard1:25.062335
20Tpg Karters9Willy Sawpc tehbrandon khor1:21.2210dnf(22)
21Team TeleVAS20MarkRamseyZul Samad1:14.988dnf(14)

* penalised 1 lap for jump start.

please record your race experiences here.

Comments

TheFazz's picture

we ballotted kart 23.

and what a kart it was. we were so spectacularly slow, it was awesome. i believe i was the politest driver out there having to wave other drivers past... "after you ol' chaps"...

had a great dice with emmy. the real bummer was when she passed me... twice. *groan*

she had a kart problem which allowed me to get ahead, but she then was back on my tail and harrying me and passed me... again. tried to stay as close to her as possible, capitalised on certain corners to close the gap. and then the faster leading drivers came by to lap us, which allowed me to close in back onto emmy. sadly, she was involved in an incident which cause a lot of pain in her ribs that she had to be rushed to the Selangor Medical Centre for x-rays. thankfully, no fractures and she can continue racing once recovered.

the rest of the race for us was about trying to maintain pace. we finished 15th.

willy's picture

Many thanks to everyone of you, especially A1TM and my-kart's crew who make the event a successful one. Fazz helped me a lot, thank you so very much for that.

It is a great experience to race with the race drivers. Starting from last row alongside with Jazeman (they set the fastest time for qualifying but choose to start from the back) our kart #9 was actually flying at the straight but it wasted no time to start giving us problems. The kart was seriously oversteer!! (we realized this problem the moment we made the 1st corner during free practice but was unable to solve it besides changing our driving style.) At that moment, the only thing I actually enjoy is to watch how Jazeman pass through the big group in front. Making them as if standing still!!

It was really frustrating as I was forced to run wide to avoid loosing momentum, or even worst, a spin!! Nevertheless, a few incidents in front gave me some easy pass but before I actually enjoy the moment of racing with some guys at the back, here comes Jazeman lapping me! My god, it was just lap 5 or 6 (or may be even earlier, can't really remember which lap was it) Have to suffer with a seriously oversteered kart for the next 20mins before I was called in to make it pit stop. I have to make an extra lap before our driver change as there was someone trying to pass me and I need to fight back instead of going in and give him an easy pass. We were 19th when I stopped.

The driver change was quite smooth but my teammate faced the same problem. Basically he was crusing around trying to get used to the kart but before he managed to do that, he had a big spin and someone gave him a hard bang!! That's it, end of our racing business, and our 3rd driver had not a single lap for the endurance race. May be it is fated so that I can get back to the organising part instead of concerning too much on my team's performance. But it is really disappointing to have a DNF!! Thanks to A1TM for sponsoring souvenir for each and every driver so that we don't go home empty handed.

TheFazz's picture

willy wrote:
Many thanks to everyone of you, especially A1TM and my-kart's crew who make the event a successful one. Fazz helped me a lot, thank you so very much for that.

thanks to willy for putting this all together. and for the A1 team members for being such great sports to allow us this opportunity. being a race organiser myself, i know what pains willy, brandon and teh had to go through to put this all together... it was hectic, and at times worrying how all of the pieces would fall together.

a big hand to willy, brandon and teh!

thanks to A1 Team malaysia for the gifts and food. although, i think most drivers felt that they did not want to add much weight before the race...

bosozoku's picture

Team TeleVAS was using kart No.20 (no complains, good package overall) Smile

Team TeleVAS managed to get P5 for the race and Mark was our first driver.... he was really fast (for a man his size & weight) Up myself & Ramsey at the 'pit-wall' were overjoyed with his performance where he manage to maintain our position.. he really make life hard for Muhaymin hahaha biggrin

Ramsey signalled me to get ready, its was about time for Mark to make his pitstop. Quickly i wore my helmet & gloves.... there from the pit area i saw Muhaymin & Mark spun at turn 1 :O due to a manouver made by a backmarker
to make things worst, emmy was right behind Mark and BANGGG!! their kart collided she literally was slammed against her seat :O It was a double whammy for me (my team mate & wife in the same incident) and i know that our kart was damaged since Mark was standing right next to the kart, i ran towards Mark confirmed the kart is badly damaged
Than i noticed how emmy drove her kart back to the pit.. she looked like she was in a terrible pain...

I've never imagined that my race will end up this way. Thanks guys for your concern on Emmy's conditions

saa73's picture

so, you had a choice...help your team mate, or your wife?...and you made a wise choice bro!...;)

TheFazz's picture

saa73 wrote:
so, you had a choice...help your team mate, or your wife?...and you made a wise choice bro!...;)

that was the only choice. was an unfortunate outcome, but glad that it turned out ok later. stick to your lady, dude.

imanMS's picture

glad to hear that the event was a success..kudos to the organizing party and those who participated...

Team Hermes could not join the race due to our event held early in the morning....

dun think we can tahan another endurance race in the afternoon after a gruelling morning run...

Jules's picture

Two improvements :

- Please mention the hand raising requirement when pulling into pits from race tarck. We saw some jokers who pulled in from the middle of track cutting across dangerously the racing line of those behind!

- Driver Change Notification, for the 1st session was VERY LATE and done badly. We need to mention where and how this is done in future. I did not hear it but maybe I was dreaming in driver's briefing....

Event OK in general.

Btw, someone prayed for NO rain? It rained in PJ, a mere 10 minutes away.

willy's picture

Ya great weather indeed!!

timmsm's picture

Many thanks to everyone of you, particularly, Willy, A1TM, Fazz and the my-kart gang who organised and managed a spectacular event.

Despite the unfortunate incident and injury to Emmy, overall it was a fantastic day.

As for my race, the kart was in good order (pre incident) and I was actually making good lap times (1min 14sec) and pushing hard to get ahead of Muhaymin. Sadly, especially for Emmy and my team mates this did not happen and we had to retire - Team Fun Factor (Emmy) with damaged ribs and team TeleVAS with a damaged kart. Zul definitely made the right choice to take care of Emmy and I hope he didn't have to think twice between his wife and the team!!

My heartfelt condolences go to my team mates Zul and Ramsey who didn't get a chance to drive in the endurance... sorry guys! Next year, Team TeleVAS will enter again OK! Up

Muhaymin and myself then proceeded to "bitch" about the backmarker for the rest of the day, but luckily for Muhaymin and his team (Team macam2) they successfully managed to take the podium... congratulations to you guys.

Also, congratulations go to Team FunFactor for achieving the Safety Award from A1TM. Must be some 666 vibes given out by Lynda Wink

Weather was great (for me, not Desmond)... hot and dry, so I maintain my lobster like features... and true, as someone noted, it was raining nearby in PJ but not at Shah Alam. So for those of you who know the story of my leaking roof and collapsed ceiling at home, you can imagine my shock when I got home to an angry wife looking up at the sky from our spare bedroom!! An angry wife does not issue karting visa's so easily in the future!! habis lah!

TheFazz's picture

timmsm wrote:
Muhaymin and myself then proceeded to "bitch" about the backmarker for the rest of the day, but luckily for Muhaymin and his team (Team macam2) they successfully managed to take the podium... congratulations to you guys.

yeah, muhaymin can really bitch... i mean really. Smile

timmsm wrote:
So for those of you who know the story of my leaking roof and collapsed ceiling at home, you can imagine my shock when I got home to an angry wife looking up at the sky from our spare bedroom!! An angry wife does not issue karting visa's so easily in the future!! habis lah!

aiyooo... bad news bro. so shall we send flowers to her?

muhaymin must have done something to push the rain away so effectively.

timmsm's picture

TheFazz wrote:

aiyooo... bad news bro. so shall we send flowers to her?.

Roof tiles might be more apropriate biggrin

TheFazz wrote:

true, he did a wonderful job pushing it away from Shah Alam, but WHY did it have to be pushed over my house and not in the other direction :O

Jules's picture

timmsm wrote:
TheFazz wrote:

aiyooo... bad news bro. so shall we send flowers to her?.

Roof tiles might be more apropriate biggrin

TheFazz wrote:

true, he did a wonderful job pushing it away from Shah Alam, but WHY did it have to be pushed over my house and not in the other direction :O

I guess you can see it this way.....luckily it was the SPARE ROOM and not ur main bedroom, otherwise really HABIS! he he he

luen's picture

Hey Emmy if you are reading this, get well soon. Wink

mononoke hime's picture

opss...just got up from my 2nd nap after the 2nd dose of meds..damn the meds is so strong..hehe..

thanks for the wishes guys.. you guys been great...i appreciate it! Smile oh yeah, if my ribs were broken I wud still be racing ok?? hehe nothing can stop me.. which is true, if weren't for the rib protector i wore that day, it couldve been worst.. and at the same time, thinking about it again, if Mark was just 50kg, it would be much2 worst too..*gulp* i think..!! well, safety first rite? i am reconsidering to get a sparco rib protector..hehe.. Wink

euss72's picture

Yea Emmy, get well soon coz Rd6 is just another 2 weeks to go Wink . Zoolsan take good care of her or otherwise u may also not get "Visa" then join us in the admin group..hehehe

Overall the race was great. Unfortunately, Tail Happy Racing got the slowest kart that I've ever driven. I practically have to stay out of the racing line most of the time and letting everyone to pass by. Imagine at the slowest corner yet people can just smilingly over take me!! damn!

Anyway, thank you to everyone for the great turn out. Special thanks to pitstop.com, A1 Team Malaysia and my-kart gang who made it happen. I'm already looking forward for next year event.

ps: hey lynda when r u gona give Jack a call?? ooppss!..OSFlanker wait for me!!

willy's picture

A1 TEAM MALAYSIA TAKES RACING TO THE FANS

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 28 May 2007

Over 150 A1 Team Malaysia fans enjoyed a day out at the City Kart Circuit in Shah Alam, with the inaugural 'Karting with A1 Team Malaysia' endurance event held yesterday. With 22 teams competing for victory, it was no surprise to see the A1Team Malaysia karting team take the chequered flag in first place. In the spirit of sportsmanship, which exemplifies the A1GP World Cup of Motorsport, the team withdrew from the top spot, promoting Team S&M to first position on the podium with Macam-macam Ada in second place and Variable Move Motorsport in third place.

A dedicated crowd of A1 Team Malaysia fans supported this first-ever karting event sponsored by A1 Team Malaysia, www.pitpass.com.my and www.my-kart.org.

A1 Team Malaysia fielded the strongest karting combination of the field with the team's rookie driver, Aaron Lim, heading up a team that included Jazeman Jaafar, a young up-and-coming Malaysian driver, and Rueben Wong, the data engineer for A1 Team Malaysia and a keen amateur karter. Regular A1 Team Malaysia driver Alex Yoong was unable to participate as he was in Penang on behalf of one of the team's sponsors, Astro, as part of a country-wide road show.

Although A1 Team Malaysia was without their star driver, there was still plenty of talent on show. The host team had to give a dominant performance and they lived up to expectations, with fastest lap of the practice session, first place in qualifying and winning the one-hour endurance race. The race featured two compulsory driver changes and saw plenty of exciting racing enjoyed by an enthusiastic group of A1GP fans.

The trophies were presented by A1GP series officials, with Owen Leed from A1 Team Malaysia presenting to the third placed team, Jack Cunningham, CEO of A1 Team Malaysia, presenting to the second placed team whilst David Clare, CEO A1GP Asia Pacific, gave a delighted first placed team the victor's trophy.

Team FUN Factor was awarded a prize of RM500 for being the Best Behaved Team competing in the event.

Jack Cunningham said after the event, "We're overwhelmed with the level of support and enthusiasm of the local A1 Team Malaysia fans and have vowed to make this an annual event. We hope that it will flourish and grow as the success of this event is publicised to other A1 Team Malaysia supporters. It was a fun day out for the fans that everyone really enjoyed - we're already looking forward to next year's event. We have a reputation to live up to now, so we'll be making sure our drivers are prepared for another tough karting event in 2008.

We've always aimed to take motorsport to the fans and this is one way in which we've been able to give our supporters a closer link with the team. We're planning a number of other developments for the future which will give fans more opportunities to link with us as we head into season three of the A1GP World Cup of Motorsport."

For up to date information on A1 Team Malaysia's activities in the coming months, please visit www.a1teammalaysia.com.my

http://www.a1teammalaysia.com.my/a1/dsp_page.cfm?articleid=1...

anakwarna's picture

this event marked me n my team's 1st involvement with My-Kart events and it was definitely a good,fun and memorable one.It was a challenge too,i had to be fighting my kart as it kept steering to the left after being hit by another kart.this caused the chain to come off too..twice.This 'dugaan' made my finishing the race a much more exhilarating one.A good 1st time,definitely.This club is doin great.keep on keepin on My-Kart.till the next time.

terima kasih kawan-kawan
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smile

sabelt's picture

great event!

anakwarna's picture

speedy recovery to you injured one.
n gotta mention that this race aided my missing my motor.
if i get to race the 125 kart,i mite even forget about that other 125.

saa73's picture

willy wrote:
news on A1GP's website

http://www.a1gp.com/News/NewsArticle.aspx?newsId=31325&AspxA...

Willy - thanks. Btw they misspelled yr website name laa....pitpass.com.my?

Anyway it's really amusing to see names such as "Team S&M", "Macam-macam Ada" and "Variable Move Motorsports" reported in the official A1 GP website heheeh biggrin

OSFlanker's picture

saa73 wrote:
...........Anyway it's really amusing to see names such as "Team S&M", "Macam-macam Ada" and "Variable Move Motorsports" reported in the official A1 GP website heheeh biggrin

Lucky that Team Mee Fook Yu Seafood Restaurant didn't turn up then?

saa73's picture

OSFlanker wrote:
saa73 wrote:
...........Anyway it's really amusing to see names such as "Team S&M", "Macam-macam Ada" and "Variable Move Motorsports" reported in the official A1 GP website heheeh biggrin

hahah...yeah, whatever happened to them? Bro...i've seen you everywhere this week....breakfast, on track, online...how'd u do it man??...

TheFazz's picture

saa73 wrote:
willy wrote:

news on A1GP's website

Anyway it's really amusing to see names such as "Team S&M", "Macam-macam Ada" and "Variable Move Motorsports" reported in the official A1 GP website heheeh biggrin

thanks for this. good report! Mee Fook Yu restoran should have been there as well!

willy's picture

saa73 wrote:

Willy - thanks. Btw they misspelled yr website name laa....pitpass.com.my?

Ya, it is pitstop.com.my

Well team names such as "macam-macam ada" perfectly shows we are MALAYSIAN!! biggrin

Jules's picture

OSFlanker wrote:
saa73 wrote:

I am one of the surviving member....founder Nazim missing!

saa73's picture

Jules wrote:

aahhh...Nazim, I remember him...quite a character huh? Whatever happened to him...did he open another branch restaurant..."Restoran Yu Fook Mee" perhaps Tongue

Jules...why u join all these dodgy teams huh?..."Restoran Mee Fook Yu", "Team S&M"...what next???

naza's picture

Jules wrote:
OSFlanker wrote:
saa73 wrote:

Sifu,...what in heavens does S&M means anyway.... :?

Pages