design(ie)

hello guys..

i am actually redesigning my website. the idea is to have two different section in this coming version. one section is to show the photos of what i have taken in my daily life and the other is taken from the club i recently joined - myKart. it's at the same time to promote this wonderful sport and the wonderful people to the world. so which means, it will have the myKart logo and of course a link to this wonderful site. but all the photos in the site will be all taken by me or eva(my wife) and the photos can be taken down from the site and be used only for myKart purpose, for eg: to be uploaded onto the website, or some myKart promo in the newspaper.

so the question to the founders or committee: can i have that section on my site?

www.designiseverything.org

Forum topics: 
TheFazz's picture

edwyn

no problems.

just make sure you use the right logo:
http://club.my-kart.org/files/logo1.jpg

let me know if you wish to have other versions.

great photos by the way. compliments to eva. hope you two take more karting photos... preferably the kart action and the people & emotions (could perhaps start a photo album on the people of my-kart).

fazz

edwynlow's picture

thanks. will do my best Up

RawFlesh's picture

We'll have a good team photo this Saturday, together with the trophies(MAAC) :D.... Make sure you wife take good good pix Wink

timmsm's picture

RawFlesh wrote:
We'll have a good team photo this Saturday, together with the trophies(MAAC) biggrin

whoooarr, true buaya... already counting the trophy collection before the event! Tongue

RawFlesh's picture

I believe and use positive affirmations Smile Not buayala.... If I was defending champs, then I could be considered a buaya Wink

edwynlow's picture

that's a good start!

What photo gallery software will you be using?

edwynlow's picture

it will just be a plain html thing.. might include flash in it if the mood is there Tongue

edwynlow's picture

mikko wrote:
What photo gallery software will you be using?

any software that you reckon?

Got mysql database access and php?

Get:
Gallery 2

Makes uploading photos a breeze. You can upload directly from the website as single files or a bunch of files in one zip-file. You can also use an application which allows you to upload pictures in a drag-drop style and caption them and gallery can also automatically resize and watermark the pictures. There's nothing better than Gallery 2 imo, and I've tried a bunch.

Installation of the software is also easy and it's fairly simple to integrate into a site.

edwynlow's picture

mikko wrote:
Got mysql database access and php?

Get:
Gallery 2

Makes uploading photos a breeze. You can upload directly from the website as single files or a bunch of files in one zip-file. You can also use an application which allows you to upload pictures in a drag-drop style and caption them and gallery can also automatically resize and watermark the pictures. There's nothing better than Gallery 2 imo, and I've tried a bunch.

Installation of the software is also easy and it's fairly simple to integrate into a site.

thanks dude.. will definately look into it..
i actually found another one.. which is adobe bridge. it has this function on creating a photo album for you instantly with just a click. basically you just need to select the photos that you want to be in the album, click yes and wahla!! photo album with thumbnails included.. in html, frames or even flash. maybe you might want to take a look at this one too.. i just downloaded the gallery2 so.. havent compare yet.

Adobe Bridge

TheFazz's picture

agree with gallery 2. tested it before and itzzz goooodzzzz... it also can be integrated with the engine for this site (drupal)... although i didn't do it as the layouts were not quite integrated.

edwynlow wrote:

i actually found another one.. which is adobe bridge

the problem is it's not very customizable - editing the photos later is a pain.. uploading pics isn't that great.. you can't change the layout later on all your galleries because all the files are html.. trust Gallery 2 is a completely different system! I tried the adobe thing a few years ago and it was a pain - I'm sure it's better now but it does nothing like what Gallery or other photo album softwares do.

If something like the adobe system has enough features then I'd recommend using Google Picasa and it's upload system and galleries. :?

edwynlow's picture

mikko wrote:
edwynlow wrote:

i actually found another one.. which is adobe bridge

the problem is it's not very customizable - editing the photos later is a pain.. uploading pics isn't that great.. you can't change the layout later on all your galleries because all the files are html.. trust Gallery 2 is a completely different system! I tried the adobe thing a few years ago and it was a pain - I'm sure it's better now but it does nothing like what Gallery or other photo album softwares do.

If something like the adobe system has enough features then I'd recommend using Google Picasa and it's upload system and galleries. :?

i was clicking around with the gallery.. looks solid. reckon i am going to love it as i keep clicking and experimenting with it. thanks mikko.. owe you one big time.. Up