my-kart chicken wings to be formalised?

06 Oct 2007

Posted by TheFazz

folks - a quick note to kick off a discussion on my-kart chicken wings.

during the friday buka puasa we talked about the MAM affiliation and chicken wings. one of the conditions of running MAM affiliated sanctioned events is to have participants certified by senior club members.

since we are running chicken wings as sessions to practice... i was just wondering if we should formalise the chicken wings calendar to certify all newbies before they participate in our DRIVERS and TEAMS series.

so drivers who go through chicken wings, they will get their pilot "chicken wings" thru this certification process.

what do you think?

mononoke hime's picture

Good Idea Fazz! I had the same thought when I was in the ladies forum.. they wanted to practice but not sure about when to go and who to practice with.. atleast if we put a proper calendar on the chicken wing sessions they'll prepare themselves to join us.. Smile

TheFazz's picture

can we have a lead for chicken wings? -somebody to plan the date & times and post the appointments here?

luen's picture

is there number of hours requirement for the chicken session by MAM?

TheFazz's picture

luen wrote:
is there number of hours requirement for the chicken session by MAM?

don't know yet. but this was one the things mentioned by the MAM regarding event affiliation. they wanted us to certify all new drivers before the event start... which would cause logistics and timing problems for our already tight DRIVERS events.

personally, i think there is no time requirements.

bosozoku's picture

I'll assist whenever i can... just inform when Smile

TheFazz's picture

bosozoku wrote:
I'll assist whenever i can... just inform when Smile

can you & a few others help plan the event appointments for what's left of 2007? And also when we plan the 2008 calendar? you may need to check what else is on the CK / Elite / Sepang calendar as necessary.

luen's picture

wow that is really short of time, which left only 2 months before the new season starts. Basically this "chicken wings" sort of clinic or workshop" as mentioned before ?

Here are the questions in mind;

-what to certify? giving them the chance to run higher class machines?

-on what perspective to evaluate new comers? Track time? best-lap-time? zero number of accident incidents?

My suggestions;

1. Run 2 months once on the second week.

2. plan on the course of what will be conducting for the day. giving a theorical classes on basic driving lines and ethics

3. Assign fews karts (driver pay la) that assure of it performances, get the fair-laps time for the new comers, ensuring improvement in proress.

4. small group of "dog fighting" over "chicken wing". Which will be scale down version of real my-kart races.

5. Plan Schedule ahead for a year, assign to event leaders and selected event instructors for the day.

TheFazz's picture

luen wrote:
Here are the questions in mind;

-what to certify? giving them the chance to run higher class machines?

-on what perspective to evaluate new comers? Track time? best-lap-time? zero number of accident incidents?

the certification is to be comfortable that the driver is safe enough to allow into a full blown rolling / grid start race of up to 20 drivers at one go. so the evaluation will not necessarily be on lap times, but on -

1. not spinning at every other corner
2. understanding proper racing lines
3. not driving unethically (weaving / bumping etc)
4. attitude - must have right attitude. arrogance ("i can drive my souped-up wira at 200kmh, so what's the problem?") is out.

luen wrote:

My suggestions;

1. Run 2 months once on the second week.

2. plan on the course of what will be conducting for the day. giving a theorical classes on basic driving lines and ethics

3. Assign fews karts (driver pay la) that assure of it performances, get the fair-laps time for the new comers, ensuring improvement in proress.

4. small group of "dog fighting" over "chicken wing". Which will be scale down version of real my-kart races.

5. Plan Schedule ahead for a year, assign to event leaders and selected event instructors for the day.

agree with all this, except if we can do this chicken wings session monthly?

luen's picture

is workable if we have a pool of event leads, pre-scheduled for certain months of responsibility.. As for mentor-of-the-day any senior members or who has been with my-kart for long will be able to take up the job. But subject to approval by the BOC.

my fist vote of mentor of the day, are
1.Zul and Emmy, the anime couples :), Mark Tim and Naza (popular demand of these 2 by the market haha). I volunteer myself whenever I am available for that weekend.

2. Or perhaps is mandatory for the committee every members to lead the event at least once a year, there we at least committed 8 months. hahaha.

Feedback please

luen's picture

by the way, are these for members only?

Jules's picture

I dun mind helping if I am on track during my private practise sessions....

bosozoku's picture

'The Anime couple' :O thanks its an honor... but seriously before we start this, we need to have some guides for the "mentor" (especially both of us....)

psst!!... sifu Jules got free time Smile

Jules's picture

sifu in india now....and was here since last friday.... ;(

anyhow, as when I am there - most willing to help BUT a standard curriculum as a guide to the "teachers" worthwhile, so we teach same topics....

pls post so we have a guide lar...

TheFazz's picture

luen wrote:
by the way, are these for members only?

no. should not be limited to members... however, members should be able to enjoy preferential rates from CK.

Nohad's picture

TheFazz wrote:
except if we can do this chicken wings session monthly?

Don't mind having the 1st session either on 10 or 11 Nov 07, could you guys kindly check for the track availability?

luen's picture

Patrick, just spoken to CK that 10 NOV 07 after 12 is available for first chicken wings classes. We may also utilise the briefing upstairs for theory class.

Are you going to organise for the first round? Smile

Nohad's picture

luen wrote:
Patrick, just spoken to CK that 10 NOV 07 after 12 is available for first chicken wings classes. We may also utilise the briefing upstairs for theory class.

Are you going to organise for the first round? Smile

Wouldn't mind though. Will be coming back on 3 nov afternoon but will be busy dealing with personal matters at least the 1st half of the week and expected to be free by friday only.
But definitely will need some help though.

timmsm's picture

Sorry guys, it's been a while since I checked teh threads and quite a lot has been going on. Please do count me in to assist with the chicken wings sessions. It will be an honor and GREAT PLEASURE to be a part of this!

Should we nominate a "Wing Commander"? If so, I forward a vote to Wing Commander Naza. I'm sure the "chicks" can play a role too!

naza's picture

timmsm wrote:
Sorry guys, it's been a while since I checked teh threads and quite a lot has been going on. Please do count me in to assist with the chicken wings sessions. It will be an honor and GREAT PLEASURE to be a part of this!

Should we nominate a "Wing Commander"? If so, I forward a vote to Wing Commander Naza. I'm sure the "chicks" can play a role too!

Guys,
.....whatever laaa,.....count me in.

TheFazz's picture

timmsm wrote:

wing commanders, red wing leader, blue wing leader... etc

saa73's picture

TheFazz wrote:
timmsm wrote:

..I'll be your "Wing Man" anytime....who's gonna cover my rear though?? :O

timmsm's picture

saa73 wrote:
TheFazz wrote:
timmsm wrote:

..I'll be your "Wing Man" anytime....who's gonna cover my rear though?? :O

muhaymin is da man to cover your rear, Pinky!! Mumu The Rear Gunner!!

bosozoku's picture

I second Mark's proposal
Bro Naza, just gimme a call/sms & I'll be there Smile

naza's picture

bosozoku wrote:
I second Mark's proposal

...lets get together and discuss about this shall we. Got to find a date.

timmsm's picture

naza wrote:
bosozoku wrote:
I second Mark's proposal

Looks like Wednesday afternoon, maybe?

saa73's picture

timmsm wrote:
naza wrote:
bosozoku wrote:
I second Mark's proposal

...what's this? you guys going for Raya chicken wings?...rendang chicken wing?? tell me what time! Smile

timmsm's picture

saa73 wrote:
timmsm wrote:
naza wrote:
bosozoku wrote:
I second Mark's proposal

...what's this? you guys going for Raya chicken wings?...rendang chicken wing?? tell me what time! Smile

I'm totally bloated on wings... just had 3x100 and 4x80 this afternoon. But the apetite is healthy and just maybe tomorrow afternoon I may be peckish again and Wednesday I'm thinking of 125'ing it as well. All wing feasters are welcome to join. BTW, I'll let Bro Naza and Edwyn make their own confessions about today's wings... ooopssss, given too much away already!

naza's picture

...confessions of a my-karter albeit a very desperate one.......

In spite of very hectic 3rd hari raya obligations, its tak boleh tahan anymore when there were news of an equally desperate friend making a hasty bee line to the track.

...man! that was very satisfying as we let loose ourselves unashamedly on 80s and 100s more than a few times, at times cutting queues I thought? Edwyn suddenly appeared (after work he said!) to join the chicken wings and I'll be damned if he did'nt enjoy it.

....pssst, I saw AP's face broke into a broad smile as we wear our helmets.....good times are back eh?

Jules's picture

good times are back, YES but the rain clouds too. Now where is The RAIN MAN when u need him. :?

saa73's picture

Jules wrote:
good times are back, YES but the rain clouds too. Now where is The RAIN MAN when u need him. :?
According to my chinese friends, we are in the "Chinese 9 Gods" season or something like that, meaning it rains everyday for 9 days....and it started on Friday so it should stop by next Sunday...

Pages