Enduro 3: Fast n Furious storm to dominant win despite last lap drama

Sepang Kart Circuit
Saturday, 17th September 2005
event link: http://my-kart.org/web/index.php?q=node/221
photos: http://shahrulazlan.fotopages.com/

Fast n Furious dominated the 3rd my-KART Enduro event, beating 12 other teams to claim their first win of the season with a total 101 laps in the 100minute endurance race.

In addition to this, Fast n Furious driver Shahnaz Amin clocked the fastest lap time of 55.65secs on the piston port 100cc kart.

Team principal John King was delighted with the win stating that he was happy that all of his drivers were very consistent through out the race. The team had a minor worry 1 minute from the end of the race when the chain came off of the kart driven by their last driver Shahnaz. John was however not worried as by then they had a 3 lap advantage over the second place team Gila Racing.

Gila Racing team principal, Brian Eravelly was pleased with the results and thanked the sponsors for the support. Brian E stated that the team was the heaviest of all, but ensured that they made no mistake throughout the race. However, they too suffered a late drama when their last driver Yew Siak Jin had the chain fall off his kart after turn 6 and as a consequence lost 3 laps before he was re-started.

Gila Racing's dramas brought hope to team Cool It and Tail Happy Racing which were all on the same lap as Gila Racing at the chequered flag. Cool It finished third although a dropped transponder around 20 minutes from the end had caused them some concern. Cool It team principal, Azmee said that he was a little disappointed that their third place result had to justified. He felt that the team worked very hard and deserved better.

The full race results are as follows:

[CSV]
Result,Team,Weight,Kart #,Grid,Laps
1,Fast n Furious,(278kg),6,9,101
2,Gila Racing,(317kg),5,1,98
3,Cool It,(281kg),10,8,98
4,Tail Happy Racing,(285kg),3,6,98
5,Heavies,(304kg),7,2,97
6,Romeos,(298kg),8,4,93
7,Aliens,(273kg),4,10,91
8,Chicane Buster v6.9,(252kg),2,12,87
9,Kookaburra Racing Team,(293kg),12,5,82
10,Zippy,(256kg),11,11,76
11,Daipro,(248kg),1,13,74
12,Go Head Go Stunt,(282kg),13,7,68
13,Speedy Gonzales,(298kg),15,3,11
[/CSV]

my-KART Enduro 2005 Positions after 3 rounds:
[CSV]
Rank,Team,Rnd1,Rnd2,Rnd3,Total Score
1,Tail Happy Racing,6,2,4,38
2,Romeos,3,3,6,38
3,Fast n Furious,4,,1,32
4,Heavies,1,,5,31
5,Gila Racing,13,4,2,31
6,Cool It,2,,3,30
7,Aliens,,1,7,29
8,Team 156,8,7,,17
9,Mee Fook Yew,5,,,11
10,Slowpokes,,5,,11
11,Kookaburra Racing,12,,9,11
12,McDonald’s,,6,,10
13,Underweights,7,,,9
14,Axon,,8,,8
15,Chicane Buster v6.9,,,8,8
16,Mix Doubles,9,,,7
17,Keppa,,9,,7
18,Speedy Gonzales,,12,13,7
19,Need 4 Speed Underground,10,,,6
20,Anseri,,10,,6
21,Zippy,,,10,6
22,Backmarkers,11,,,5
23,WAC,,11,,5
24,Daipro,,,11,5
25,Go Head Go Stunt,,,12,4
26,Initial D,14,,,2
[/CSV]

perrgghhhh!!!
congrats to the winners..and those not so successful...next time eat less :p
glad to hear all went well...feeling really bad for missing this round of enduro...but luckily got motorshow in Frankfurt...hehehe...damn syiokkkk!!!

cheers :D

Congratulation again to all the MyMME rd3 participants teams & the top 5 winners that was:
CHAMPION
FAST & FURIOUS
*JOHN KING
*SHAHNAZ
*ERIC CHANG
*RISMAN
RUNNERS-UP
GILA RACING
*BRIAN E
*JIN
*ASHRAFF
*DEVAN
2ND RUNNERS-UP
COOL-IT
*AZMEE
*MUHAYMIN
*BRIAN C
*GAVIN
4TH PLACING
TAIL HAPPY RACING
*FAZZ
*AZLAN
*YUSNEE
*KIKI
5TH PLACING:
HEAVIES
YIP YEN
SIMON
ST OOI
CHRIS

others completing teams:
ROMEOS/156
*DINO
*UDI
*PATRICK
*STANLEY TAI
ALIENS
*NAZA
*TARMIZI
*RAZAK
*HENZEE
CHICHANE BUSTER V6.9
*TOM TAN
*ALEX MCNAB
*NG JOON HIANG
*EDRY
KOOKABURRA RACING TEAM
*ALVIN JOSEPH
*JULES NG
*JASON LU
*SHANE LAI
ZIPPY
*BRIAN F
*KHAIRUL
*SHERAN
*HAFLIZ
DAIPRO
*SYAZRIL
*RODUWAN
*SAIFUL
*AMMER
GO HEAD GO STUNT
*AMIR
*GORDON
*DOUGLES
*JULIAN
SPEEDY GONZALES
*LUEN
*NICO YAP
*ALLAN TOH
*YAP

again here,thanks to everyone above mention for showing their sporting sportmanship on making this MyMME rd 3 another exciting,enjoyable & fun event for the day!
Looking forward to see you all again at the rd 4 soon!

cheers!
Steward Loke

This was really a wonderful event. A BIG thanks to everyone who made this possible. It was just great, the atmosphere was just amazing.

For me personally, I had alot of fun the whole day. For a start, the only time i've been to Sepang was over 3 years ago and it was during a downpour(wet race) so you can say I never had any experience that track before, coupled with the fact the last time I drove a 100cc was also over 3 years ago and those were the slower yamaha KT100 karts.

The greatest fun was learning how the kart handles, learning the racing lines of the track and learning how to control the power of the kart. Our kart was just amazingly responsive. I was told by my team not the stress the machinery too much as we needed to make sure our kart lasted the entire endurance distance. For me it meant early braking, using less full throttle and making sure I didn't slide the kart around too much which could have worn out the tyres.

At the end of the day, I feel that coming in 3rd was a great achievement for everyone in the team. I'm trully glad I had such nice team members to work with, they were really talented and very good with planning. Thanks so much to team COOL-IT :)

Btw where are the pictures? pictures? Anyone??

It was really great that there were no major incidents during the event. Before the race I thought the risk was quite high as many of the drivers have never driven 100cc at Sepang before.

Hi.

Would just like to clarify a couple of things on behalf of Gila Racing (Brian E, if I may). Firstly, my name is spelt Devan, not Dewan (Besar or Kecil) ;P

And secondly, Jin didn't stall the engine, the chain dropped off and it took us a while to get restarted once it was back on.

All in, it was a good race and I have to say, it felt like proper competition having it in Sepang with the KQ mechs helping everyone setup. Kudos to the organisers and everyone that helped again.

Looking forward to Round 4.

Also, I've got to second the call for pix and vids. Fazz, is there anyway we can upload vids (the karting kind only of course) on this site?

Cheers.

[quote=saa73]For Race PICTURES..... go to http://shahrulazlan.fotopages.com

I've got 3 vids to upload...the post race video....how Fazz???[/quote]

Ah.. uploading pics on this site: I don't know how to do this (this the limit of my php knowledge :p ). Anybody with PHP skills willing to help? As for the video Azlan: how big are the files? Perhaps you can send to my gmail and see what I can do?

Devan - sorry about your name and about Jin's kart failure. Will fix them.

[quote=Nohad][quote=alfagta]Looking forward to see you all again at the rd 4 soon!

cheers!
Steward Loke
[/quote]

Round 4? When?[/quote]

Tentatively 17th Dec.

Nov/Dec will be another busy karting month... (editted 22 Sep 05)
[list=1]
[*]Round 9 KART series will be on Sat, 12 Nov
[*]Round 4 (final round) my-KART Mega Enduro will be on Sat, 26 Nov
[*]Round 10 (final round) KART series will be on Sat, 10 Dec
[*]Once off Inter Company / Car Club event & my-KART end year carnival on 31 December
[/list]

Other non my-KART events but of interest to us...
[list=1]
[*]The 1st A1GP race in Malaysia - Sat/Sun, 19-20 Nov
[*]PanGlobal F1 driver search Sun, 18 Dec
[/list]