Inclusion of Privateer 125cc karters in K1

Another item I'd like to raise for discussion., in view of the fact that there were 2 Kosmic 125cc karts racing with us in K1.

i) Can we invite other 125cc kart privateers to race with us in Round 2? I had Denis Lian and James Mitchell, from Singapore, in mind. We can consider this a "one-off - by invitation" category if in the future other motorsports personalities may want to race with us...

ii) What are your thoughts on allowing Privateer 125cc karts to race in K1, as a separate league but racing at the same time? - this may free up space on the CRGs for other non-owners to race in K1, as mentioned in the other threads, there are potentially 7 privateers now in the CRGs who may want to race with their own karts..

luen's picture

2 things that pop up to my mind

1. will that licencse issue to private karters (invitees)?
2. how is the scoring system is going to work??

Initial thoughts:

A- Private kart powered by Senior 125 Max engine on hard compound (JYM)

B- Private kart powered by Senior 125 Max on medium tyres (ex. Mojo)

C- Private kart powered by Junior 125 Max on hard compounds (JYM)

Those are some of the options the privateer may be thinking to choose from. So lets hear from other owners what is on their mind if the private kart join the K1 race.

Lap Chart Person - Two persons, one each for the CRGs and private karts (if option A or B). The Senior Max karter will lapped the Junior Max karter and maybe using time transponder may be required.

Nohad's picture

It helps a person like me who could not attend a full season but would like race whenever I'm around during the race series.

Junior Max is a good option for me becos I could have my son running on it too. Since the kart would be hardly run during my absence, I would not like to have the power valve of Senior Max sticking while taking it out for a ride.

I believe using transponder is the best option here.

Nohad wrote:

It helps a person like me who could not attend a full season but would like race whenever I'm around during the race series.

Junior Max is a good option for me becos I could have my son running on it too. Since the kart would be hardly run during my absence, I would not like to have the power valve of Senior Max sticking while taking it out for a ride.

I believe using transponder is the best option here.

Its nice to hear from you Patrick....macam merajok je.....hehehe!

After the recently concluded rd 1, I was grinning all the way home cos racing within a pack of 10 CRG /Junior max karts is really thrilling and exciting.......satisfied! In fact, I am thinking of renting a 125 Junior Max, install it on my kart and run together with the CRGs....that will make sense. Where's the fun if there's only a handful of Senior Max karts to race with. I will make a date with AP to talk about this....you game?

Nohad's picture

naza wrote:
I will make a date with AP to talk about this....you game?

Gaaammme! But first need to buy the CRG chassis dulu! Tongue

saa73's picture

It's likely that Jules "Sifu" will be joining K1 Round 2 with his own Rok 125cc kart, together with the other 2 Kosmics. Jules will not compete, but may act as "on track marshall"! cool

Not just marshalling, also act as my-kart cop and will give the offending driver a ticking off.....lol!

TheFazz's picture

naza wrote:
Not just marshalling, also act as my-kart cop and will give the offending driver a ticking off.....lol!

darn! is he going to engage in pursuit for reckless driving?

Nohad wrote:
naza wrote:
I will make a date with AP to talk about this....you game?

Gaaammme! But first need to buy the CRG chassis dulu! Tongue

I can be your agent if you delegate some power to me to start nego a good CRG chassis. I saw one nice CRG in plastic wraps hanging in the workshop.....no takers yet I hope. Jangan tunggu lama lama, la la la! cos the recently K1 race Rd 1 has raised the level of interest in CRG chassis.
TheFazz's picture

thoughts: ok to run, but no championship points. our events are run with minimal scrutineering so we cannot ensure all karts are on same specs. even running the privateers as a separate championship is tricky because of low scrutineering.

previously we talked about adding ballast to winners a la BTCC rules... but not sure whether this is effective.

however, if they want to race like what Dass and Ede did last round01 - then ok... but really, not great fun for them after a while. still think that winners' / privateer ballast is the way to go.