A1 Team Malaysia * pitstop * my-kart end 07/08 race rules & regs

RACE FORMAT:

- Only CLOCK-WISE direction is allowed.

- Team leaders arrange the driving order for qualifying and race.

- Team leaders are free to decide the number of driver(s) doing qualifying heat but ALL DRIVERS have to take part in the endurance race.

- The team can do as many laps as they want during the 20mins qualifying heat, the team that sets the fastest lap will be starting from pole position.

- Team leaders CAN decide and inform amount of starting fuel as well as number of refueling pitstop to pit crew before the race starts. Otherwise, pit crew will decide. Every team has to do at least 3 pit stop including at least 1 refueling pitstop.

- The endurance race will begin with "rolling start", first pitstop window opens from 20th to 30th min of the race followed by second window opens from 45th to 55th min of the race and the final pit window opens from 70th to 80th min. The drivers are allowed to choose when to come in according to the guideline mentioned above. Refueling shall be applied during AT LEAST one of the 3 pitstop

- All team shall cover as many laps as possible within the 100 minutes endurance race, once the clock hits 10.50am, the first driver who cross the start-finish line will be consider as driving on the final lap.

KART ASSIGNMENT

- Each team will be given ONE(1) go-kart during the briefing session. Team will have to use the assigned go-kart throughout the event. Kart change is allowed only if there is a mechanical failure not caused by driver (eg. not an accident), AND ONLY IF there are available spare karts.

- The assignment will be on "lucky draw" basis.

- The standard weight for male driver is 65kg and 50kg for ladies. Any team that has aggregate weight below average has to run with ballast on. Minimum weights may be adjusted on race day subject to ballast availability. Weights are without race gear.

For example: A team consists of two men and two women has a total weight of 253kg. The standard weight for such combination is 230kg (65x2 + 50x2) thus this team is excluded from ballast.

On the other hand, if another full men team weights 255kg, they are 11kg below average, hence this team is required to run with 1 ballast, (260-255) / 4 = 1.25kg (or the nearest available ballast weight)

IN CASE OF ANY KART DAMAGE DUE TO ACCIDENTS, DRIVER(S) INVOLVED SHALL SETTLE DAMAGES WITH CITY-KARTING. PITSTOP, MY-KART AND A1 TEAM MALAYSIA WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCIDENTS AND / OR INJURIES.

Comments

Nohad's picture

Taken from comments by Jules (The Sifu)

[i]"- Please mention the hand raising requirement when pulling into pits from race tarck. We saw some jokers who pulled in from the middle of track cutting across dangerously the racing line of those behind!

- Driver Change Notification, for the 1st session was VERY LATE and done badly. We need to mention where and how this is done in future. I did not hear it but maybe I was dreaming in driver's briefing....

28 May 2007 - 9:56am"[/i]

Nohad's picture

1) Need to mention to newbies participating in competitive for the 1st time ;
Always keep a lookout for the faster drivers (team) coming up to lap them.
Please give some space to the drivers.
Blue flags will be very much appreciated here.

2) Need to provide a fuel top-up card (to be sign-off after refuel) to each team in order to ensure that every team have a fuel top-up at least once during one of the pit-stop.

edwynlow's picture

Does refueling necessary? I remembered the last endurance race, no refueling is needed. The fuel lasted for a long time with those 80cc

willy's picture

No refueling card or so needed, the kart cannot complete 100mins without refuelling. One full tank of fuel can last approx. 80mins, subject to kart's fuel consumption and driving style. However the crew will take note to make sure each and every kart pits at least 3 times.

CK provide two pit lanes at the entry near turn 12, one for driver change and the other one for refuelling. Crew will show "pit open" sign board when the pit window opens, if you have to pit when the pit window close, penalty will be given (depends on the reason, most of the time 1 lap strip off)

CK crew will stand by with fuel at lane two each time pitlane opens. It is based on first come first serve basis. If all the crew are busy, the next kart that comes in will have to wait in queue. It is up to the team to decide when is the best time to do the refuelling pit. IMHO team leader should always keep an eye on crew's activity and ask your driver to come in once you notice the crew is free.

Drivers who are about to pit is adviced to take turn 11 slowly and don't run too wide on the exit. In that case you don't have to cross from right to left again at the short straight between turn 11 and 12.

* Please check the turn number here (meant for reference purposes only, might be different from "official number")
http://morris-racing.com/kartingmalaysia/images/trackguides/...

willy's picture

Nohad wrote:
- Driver Change Notification, for the 1st session was VERY LATE and done badly. We need to mention where and how this is done in future. I did not hear it but maybe I was dreaming in driver's briefing....

This is CK's job and it is not under our control, but I will remind them about this. Will also ask a helper from A1TM to keep them reminded.

des_k's picture

edwynlow wrote:
Does refueling necessary? I remembered the last endurance race, no refueling is needed. The fuel lasted for a long time with those 80cc

Errmm the last endurance race we raced where we finished 2nd, we actually need to refuel .. hehehehe

des_k wrote:
edwynlow wrote:

Errmm the last endurance race we raced where we finished 2nd, we actually need to refuel .. hehehehe

Becoz Desmond too heavy lol Tongue

timmsm's picture

des_k wrote:
edwynlow wrote:

Des, are you referring to petrol or GAS! phhhwwaaaarrrrrrrpppp