A1 Team Malaysia * pitstop * my-kart end 07/08 race rules & regs
- Only CLOCK-WISE direction is allowed.
- Team leaders arrange the driving order for qualifying and race.
- Team leaders are free to decide the number of driver(s) doing qualifying heat but ALL DRIVERS have to take part in the endurance race.
- The team can do as many laps as they want during the 20mins qualifying heat, the team that sets the fastest lap will be starting from pole position.
- Team leaders CAN decide and inform amount of starting fuel as well as number of refueling pitstop to pit crew before the race starts. Otherwise, pit crew will decide. Every team has to do at least 3 pit stop including at least 1 refueling pitstop.
- The endurance race will begin with "rolling start", first pitstop window opens from 20th to 30th min of the race followed by second window opens from 45th to 55th min of the race and the final pit window opens from 70th to 80th min. The drivers are allowed to choose when to come in according to the guideline mentioned above. Refueling shall be applied during AT LEAST one of the 3 pitstop
- All team shall cover as many laps as possible within the 100 minutes endurance race, once the clock hits 10.50am, the first driver who cross the start-finish line will be consider as driving on the final lap.
- Each team will be given ONE(1) go-kart during the briefing session. Team will have to use the assigned go-kart throughout the event. Kart change is allowed only if there is a mechanical failure not caused by driver (eg. not an accident), AND ONLY IF there are available spare karts.
- The assignment will be on "lucky draw" basis.
- The standard weight for male driver is 65kg and 50kg for ladies. Any team that has aggregate weight below average has to run with ballast on. Minimum weights may be adjusted on race day subject to ballast availability. Weights are without race gear.
For example: A team consists of two men and two women has a total weight of 253kg. The standard weight for such combination is 230kg (65x2 + 50x2) thus this team is excluded from ballast.
On the other hand, if another full men team weights 255kg, they are 11kg below average, hence this team is required to run with 1 ballast, (260-255) / 4 = 1.25kg (or the nearest available ballast weight)
IN CASE OF ANY KART DAMAGE DUE TO ACCIDENTS, DRIVER(S) INVOLVED SHALL SETTLE DAMAGES WITH CITY-KARTING. PITSTOP, MY-KART AND A1 TEAM MALAYSIA WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCIDENTS AND / OR INJURIES.