my-KART 2006 Season Reports

This book will capture and collect the various reports from the 2006 myKART season including the KART 2006 series races, the myKART Mega Endurance event and others. The full 2006 Calendar is attached here.

Introduction

It is hoped that this book will be a easy reference for myKART members to view the race results, reports and some photos.

The chapters in this book is split by the K2, K3 and my-KART Mega Enduro chapters.

Please do give me your feedback which will go a long way towards improving the service to myKART members further.

Cheers
Fazz

Comments

Nohad's picture

Nohad

phew, that was close. Lucky the rd1 is on 7 Jan and not on 14 Jan as I have already booked 14 Jan with CK today for my postponed washout mini semi-company karting event which was to be held this morning.

Even with the rain, Wan Shin still manage to squeeze RM440/- from us for driving her 4-stroke karts with rain tires. What a sucker we have been. What to do? Adrenalin & gian already running, even 4-stroke karts with rain tires looks tempting.

saa73's picture

saa73

Fazz,

May I suggest moving the February my-kart date to Feb 11, as the 4th is too close to CNY and City Karting folks may still be off that weekend. Not to mention I will be in the USA visiting my relatives for CNY maa....

Nohad's picture

Nohad

saa73 wrote:
May I suggest moving the February my-kart date to Feb 11

Feb 11 is Thaipusam. vel! vel! For me, 4/2 or 11/2 is OK.
Actually 4/2 is a little tight but still manageable for me as I would have just drove back from the land of tom yam on 3/2 night.

TheFazz's picture

TheFazz

saa73 wrote:
Fazz,

May I suggest moving the February my-kart date to Feb 11, as the 4th is too close to CNY and City Karting folks may still be off that weekend. Not to mention I will be in the USA visiting my relatives for CNY maa....

Let me think, as I may have to shift all the other following races as a consequence.

Nohad's picture

Nohad

TheFazz wrote:
Let me think, as I may have to shift all the other following races as a consequence.

Ya loh, very difficult leh. Somemore the endurance is on 18 Feb, tough to have 2 races within a week. Home minister might file a complaint.

Anyway, let me have some chance to curi a few points without the top guns around lah!

TheFazz's picture

TheFazz

for 2006 K2 and K3 classes, I am toying with creating further sub-categories to account for, ahem, heavier drivers. call it the K2 and K200 (heavies) and the K3 and K300 (heavies). Drivers will race together but will collect separate points - just like the GT500 and GT300 cars in Japan GT.

Thoughts?? Only thing is to modify my spreadsheet.

naza

TheFazz wrote:
for 2006 K2 and K3 classes, I am toying with creating further sub-categories to account for, ahem, heavier drivers. call it the K2 and K200 (heavies) and the K3 and K300 (heavies). Drivers will race together but will collect separate points - just like the GT500 and GT300 cars in Japan GT.

Bro, me think that's a brilliant idea! Now we dont have to have sleepless nights worrying about weights. Yes, just like the Rotax seniors and masters racing together but actually two separate categories.

saa73's picture

saa73

yeah, sorry ah...forgot about thaipusam...I follow Wilayah holidays only lorr....aiyah...never ajak your friends to sample tom yam ah?...

Nohad's picture

Nohad

TheFazz wrote:

Aaahh! Very good! Now Luen, Christo & myself can breathe a little easier and don't become so frustrated when we have people like Ahmad Fairus flying pass us on the straights.
But what is the min weight required to qualify for K300? 70kg for K3?

ahmadfairus

Nohad wrote:

Aaahh! Very good! Now Luen, Christo & myself can breathe a little easier and don't become so frustrated when we have people like Ahmad Fairus flying pass us on the straights.

guess i need to put up more weights.. or maybe i can share tips how to maintain my slim body.. LoL!

TheFazz's picture

TheFazz

Nohad wrote:

Yes, I was thinking of 70kgs...

OSFlanker's picture

OSFlanker

Instead of arbitarily setting a weight, why don't plot a graph of MyKarters' weight and take the median, then you will roughly half in the lightweight division and the other half in the heavyweight division.

Not necassarily to weigh all MyKarters, probably anything above 30-40 karters will give a good statistical sample to determine the median.

Or if the weighing charts from the last few enduro are still available, you will have quite a good data population, so no need to weigh again.