MY-Kart Team Championship series

Looking back the great success of Mad Endurance of my-kart and also the recent MCA event, we can see there are companies and clubs participation and interested into this sport. In align keeping the interests going , if we could do something like team championship series.

Some draft ideas of series format in my mind like;
-A team of maximum of 2 karts but unlimited to drivers.
-points will be awarded in rebate in registration costs or trophies form.
-registration fees should go to per team not per kart basis.
-point collection of every race, contributing to end of season deciding championship, just like our normal series.
-targeting for a start of 100cc race. It can be rental or team own kart.
- Free practice, time qualifying and race duration of 60 minutes.

What we can offer?
We organize the event under MY-KART and include that under one of its products. We provide marshaling and event management.
We promote MAM/AAM (if we have affiliated) sanctioned event.

What makes difference of normal endurance or race series?
Aiming to run the event in a day or 2 days event, specifically for tuning, testing, qualifying and race.

Resources : Open for discussion

TheFazz's picture

luen - we should also discuss this in the public forum.

i agree with you about the success of team endurances. a few years back we had the teams endurance. it was quite successful, but somehow saw reduced participants. this could have been due to our use of 100cc karts, and the existance of the IGKC (inter go-kart club championship, which had some sponsorship).

i would definitely like to resurrect the TEAMS series, and resume battle with team Aliens etc. Smile

timmsm's picture

i guess I don't need to state this, but you all know I LOVE the teams series concept!

We are now seeing some serious teams emerging such as Vertical Speed, newly formed 888 Racing, Empire and the old hats Aliens, Tailhappy, Kookaburra and TeleVAS 1 to 99 Tongue

Personally I'm not so keen on the 100cc as I think the 80cc is more fun... that's just my opinion, but it is definately more affordable too, bearing in mind most teams are privately funded and right now it is not easy to get corporate funding / sponsorship.

timmsm wrote:
i guess I don't need to state this, but you all know I LOVE the teams series concept!

We are now seeing some serious teams emerging such as Vertical Speed, newly formed 888 Racing, Empire and the old hats Aliens, Tailhappy, Kookaburra and TeleVAS 1 to 99 Tongue

Personally I'm not so keen on the 100cc as I think the 80cc is more fun... that's just my opinion, but it is definately more affordable too, bearing in mind most teams are privately funded and right now it is not easy to get corporate funding / sponsorship.

I agree, especially the use of "affordable karts" to attract the widest participation and fun.

There is a chance that CK can be persuaded to allocate EEKs or Exclusive Enduro Karts!......if we package it attractively.

We need to talk.....while Team Aliens Type R(acing) is still smarting at not getting P1 recently! cool

TheFazz's picture

i am also very keen to see a return of the TEAMS series, but on affordable karts (80cc) with ballast rules.

Good idea,,.. biggrin

razin1008's picture

Vertical Speed Racing Team support this 100%..it's not just about winning,but it's about working as a team and team strategy.

stevo's picture

Sounds like a great idea, Luen!! On behalf of my gay and hamsap team mate Zoggee, Kookaburra Racing lup team races long long time!!

Mark's right. It has to be affordable to attract the masses. I'd think that's the main concern to most!

The karts have to be close to even power. If not, it can be really disheartening and will see a lost of interest.

I would think the 80cc would gather the crowd better as not all are capable of handling the 100cc or have experience with it. Looking at the recent MCA enduro, about 50% of the field are amateurs.

Probably could run it once quarterly? or bi-monthly?

And every race team should have at least 1 race queen. Macam Japanese races Smile Sure to get lots of publicity!

zoggee's picture

stevo wrote:
Sounds like a great idea, Luen!! On behalf of my gay and hamsap team mate Zoggee, Kookaburra Racing lup team races long long time!!

Mark's right. It has to be affordable to attract the masses. I'd think that's the main concern to most!

The karts have to be close to even power. If not, it can be really disheartening and will see a lost of interest.

I would think the 80cc would gather the crowd better as not all are capable of handling the 100cc or have experience with it. Looking at the recent MCA enduro, about 50% of the field are amateurs.

Probably could run it once quarterly? or bi-monthly?

And every race team should have at least 1 race queen. Macam Japanese races Smile Sure to get lots of publicity!

Thank you my fellow gay-ness mate. Thats why I lup u as my mate..You do the corresponding and I will contribute by walk the walk(funny-ness still in the pakages) and give the old froggies some laffing hard time on track.

Cheers

base on my experienced in interclub race,
100cc are more attractable to karter's n sponsor..

karter_stuart's picture

i think this is a good idea and i completely agree with stevo saying that it should be run at the minimum bi-monthly, maby for the first season quarterly as i think if you run it every month there wont be enough participants, i for one dont think i could manage two serious events per month and what about those who are also participating in other championships quite busy for one month

running the 80 cc kart would be better

zainy's picture

dinesh wrote:

80cc for me (80kg) ;( ;( ;(

Power without control is nothing

luen's picture

zainy wrote:
dinesh wrote:

Power without control is nothing

Partner, weight is not a factor if play strategy well remember? hehe

----------------------------------
neat, balance and practical

TheFazz's picture

luen wrote:
zainy wrote:
dinesh wrote:

Partner, weight is not a factor if play strategy well remember? hehe

agreed. remember this is a TEAMS event. so the collective weight of drivers should be at a certain minimum.

aiman rizal's picture

is this open to every one?? :O

aiman rizal wrote:

.....sureeeeeee!

TheFazz's picture

aiman rizal wrote:

yes sir!

and let's have more ideas and feedback please. Idea

timmsm's picture

Agree with Fazz that we need more feedback from all my-karters out there, especially the K3 guys who are often shy to voice out!!

Team TeleVAS Racing is eager to see this championship implemented and to go head to head with VSR and (F)ART again! Tongue

luen's picture

Open discussion to all members, opnion welcome.

Please state wish and want list

edwynlow's picture

Eventually, some of us were talking about this during our TT session.

The idea:
4 drivers
50 laps
80cc / 100cc
1 driver minimum 10 laps drive
5 Rounds per season
Podium finisher will add-on more ballast the next round (similar to Japan GT) - obviously there is a maximum for it

rizalkhalid's picture

sounds good enuf to me. It doesnt sound too long to be similar to endurance.. but.. can do.. w the faster 100cc of course Wink

Nohad's picture

rizalkhalid wrote:
sounds good enuf to me. It doesnt sound too long to be similar to endurance.. but.. can do.. w the faster 100cc of course Wink

I would also love to have it in 100cc but that will put a lot new blood out from the event.

Maybe a separate category after 2 seasons, let the event in 80cc build-up steam first.

timmsm's picture

Bumping this thread to try and generate some more input and feedback from all my-karters.

the idea

category 1-100cc Amatur

category 2-80cc new teaM

tOp 2 finisher category in 2(80c) will go up to 100cc in new season
anD t 2 bottom finisher in 100cc will go down to 80cc category...hehe