MyKart Rd 4 - Breach of Safety Incident

Submitted by Jules on Tue, 14 Apr 2009 - 13:43

Guys,

Sorry I have to do this and it is unpleasant for me as well but for those involved, please take heed as we want to keep our sports SAFE.

DRIVING YOUR KART WITHIN THE CAR PARK IS NOT ALLOWED FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY REASONS!!!

Someone decided to drive his K1 Kart thru the car park to get to the head of the grid. I know he was excited but right at that moment, a car was also pulling in at that time and I not sure if the driver of the car saw him zooming out and around the carpark. Someone shouted ( Mumu? ) at you/car - so maybe that prevented an accident. Can you be sure, another car is not coming round the other way? ( you are too low to see anything )

PLEASE STOP THIS!!!!! You are sitting too low for anyone in a car to see you and vice versa. As a senior, this cannot be the case as you are a role model for the junior category.

Also, karts use special plugs and they DO NOT LIKE SLOW SPEED running so please PUSH your kart into position rather than drive it....unless its heading straight out to track!

No need to name names here but he has a nicely painted helmet too - will be a waste if its scratched by a car bumper & the owner too injured to use it again.

Regards,
Jules

Forum topics

Yeah not a good idea driving around where a car can hit you.

[quote=Jules]
Also, karts use special plugs and they DO NOT LIKE SLOW SPEED running so please PUSH your kart into position rather than drive it....unless its heading straight out to track![/quote]
Just to add a bit more - Rotax Clutches and clutches in general don't like going slow either. The clutch doesn't wear out much on track because it is always locked but if you drive it around in the pits you're putting a lot of wear on it. You should always push the kart around the pits and idle with it as little as possible.

_________

Karting Forums

Hai ya....small matter maa...U ni macam budak-budak kecik la...everybody knows abt it, and forgot abt it...the person who drove it already know the mistake. So, why must U brought up this matters??
Mau bodek ka???

Thanks for noting the incident. I did not know it happened and good info for those who didn't know either.

A lesson learnt for all here. So at least we learn something new and make sure others not perform in the future.

Cheers!

[quote=ajak]Hai ya....small matter maa...U ni macam budak-budak kecik la...everybody knows abt it, and forgot abt it...the person who drove it already know the mistake. So, why must U brought up this matters??
Mau bodek ka???[/quote]

bodek who? I need to bodek anyone here?

If u know it, why not raise it? Did you hear me say what after that incident loudly? Do you want a death on the track to wake u up? then u wun ever forget. They almost ran out of ambulanceS in Elite on sunday - yes in a kart race.

Its is such childish-tidak apa attitude which get the good things undone in one swift move.

In the past, Mykart did post mortem on track incidents - was that not necessary or bodeking by those who did it?

:up: Thanks Jules for bringing the matter up. :up:

I'm sure there's alot of ppl who didnt know about it.... specially those that did not stay for the last race, which if u'll notice, was quite alot of ppl

[quote=Jules][quote=ajak]Hai ya....small matter maa...U ni macam budak-budak kecik la...everybody knows abt it, and forgot abt it...the person who drove it already know the mistake. So, why must U brought up this matters??
Mau bodek ka???[/quote]

bodek who? I need to bodek anyone here?

If u know it, why not raise it? Did you hear me say what after that incident loudly? Do you want a death on the track to wake u up? then u wun ever forget. They almost ran out of ambulanceS in Elite on sunday - yes in a kart race.

Its is such childish-tidak apa attitude which get the good things undone in one swift move.

In the past, Mykart did post mortem on track incidents - was that not necessary or bodeking by those who did it?[/quote]
Waa...Jules, marah nampak....relax le Bro...he..he..

[quote=TheFazz]thanks jules for the incident report.

never mind uncle ajak - did suka cucuk. ;)[/quote]
;) TQ..its ok...sy pun gitu jugak...kalu tak ucik org...tak best...TQ

Guys,

im sorry to intrude....but very curious to learn abt elite incident. we also have our races there......pls kindly share. i will note on this incident at CK and keep in mind to inform others on what is not to be done while karting or being on track.

Im learning alot

TQVM!!!