Finalisation of my-kart event calendars


for those people who have been asking me to change the dates for round 06/2009: all i have to say is, i'm sorry i will not change the dates on account of requests from a few. the calendar had been fixed since the beginning of the year, and it is intended that the calendar remains for better planning in the greater scheme of things. it is naturally possible that some of us will miss the odd race or two... which is why we only count the best 8 scores out of 10 rounds.

having a firm calendar is important as we speak to outsiders / external parties and talk about what my-kart is about. having firm calendars as opposed to tentative or changing ones gives us more credibility as a race series promoter, and not just another social event organiser.

so let's put this issue to rest and let the event run its course.

for the 2010 calendar, lets get forward views of all important dates in 2010 early so we can plan the calendar accordingly. as i have indicated before, in the open-source spirit of my-kart, let's work together to review the future calendars before we finalise in january of that year.

Comments

ajak's picture

Be firm with it Fazz....for those who can't make it...well...TQ very much for the points.... biggrin


Tarmizi's picture

i could not agree more with my comrade


des_k's picture

Guys ,

Iam not saying this because iam racing in the 1000km race. Till today iam still 50/50 in joining the 1k race .

But even if i do or dont , i think we should move the dates ( if posssible ) because there are more my-karters doing their part to promote my-kart to national level races by getting themselves involved in either racing or pit crew . Thus it will also enable my-karters to head down to sepang to support or probaly to help out as crew and do some networking so that they can get themselves involved as drivers in the following year.

Even if iam not racing in the 1k race , i do hope we can change the dates to support those who are racing or helping out on that day .

thanks


edwynlow's picture

Mark,

Do you have a bicycle that I can borrow to cycle around the Sepang Track to take your handsome pictures?


timmsm's picture

edwynlow wrote:
Mark,

Do you have a bicycle that I can borrow to cycle around the Sepang Track to take your handsome pictures?

Since you said 'handsome' I'll see what I can do... I don't have a bicycle, but I'll see if I can borrow one from somewhere


TheFazz's picture

des_k wrote:
Guys ,

Iam not saying this because iam racing in the 1000km race. Till today iam still 50/50 in joining the 1k race .

But even if i do or dont , i think we should move the dates ( if posssible ) because there are more my-karters doing their part to promote my-kart to national level races by getting themselves involved in either racing or pit crew . Thus it will also enable my-karters to head down to sepang to support or probaly to help out as crew and do some networking so that they can get themselves involved as drivers in the following year.

Even if iam not racing in the 1k race , i do hope we can change the dates to support those who are racing or helping out on that day .

thanks

des,

*my response below was cut & paste from an email appeal - but the issue remains the same. i guess i have to expect more appeals...*

this is not an easy decision for me. we had a few changes earlier in the year. it would have been easier had this change been included in that initial change. unfortunately, it wasn't until later.

whilst i am pleased that many K1 and K2 drivers are moving into circuit and more serious (ie $$$) racing, i believe we need be firm in relation to my-kart's racing calendar. we did make an exception for MME2008. but i would like to keep it at that: as an exception.

moving forward, there will be new racing series such as CK's 125 open alongside the RMC and other series going on. naturally, i'd also be very pleased if my-karters move on the 125 open and RMC and do well. however, i'd be doing my-kart an injustice of having to shift my-kart's calendar to avoid clashing with these other events. and you can bet that there will be events that clash with my-kart's calendar.

so where does it stop?

as i said: this is not an easy decision for me. but i do not want my-kart's calendar to be a secondary calendar that can be more "flexible" (in favour of senior karters) than the others. it will risk alienating the new faces that we aim to attract.

sorry bro.

i will have to stick with this call.

perhaps when we finalise the 2010 my-kart calendar later this year, i can get more inputs on possible dates for key racing events in 2010.

fazz


Nohad's picture

TheFazz wrote:
.
for the 2010 calendar, lets get forward views of all important dates in 2010 early so we can plan the calendar accordingly. as i have indicated before, in the open-source spirit of my-kart, let's work together to review the future calendars before we finalise in january of that year.

Malaysian public holidays in 2010

http://go2travelmalaysia.com/tour_malaysia/holidays.htm


TheFazz's picture

Nohad wrote:
TheFazz wrote:
.
for the 2010 calendar, lets get forward views of all important dates in 2010 early so we can plan the calendar accordingly. as i have indicated before, in the open-source spirit of my-kart, let's work together to review the future calendars before we finalise in january of that year.

Malaysian public holidays in 2010

http://go2travelmalaysia.com/tour_malaysia/holidays.htm[/quote]

patrick - thanks for the help as ever.

this will be helpful in preparing the 2010 my-kart calendar. additionally, we would want to identify:

1/ school holidays
2/ Malaysian Grand prix, sepang
3/ A1GP - sepang
4/ motoGP - sepang
5/ MME2010
6/ any local karting dates available
7/ any others?


edwynlow's picture

timmsm wrote:
edwynlow wrote:
Mark,

Do you have a bicycle that I can borrow to cycle around the Sepang Track to take your handsome pictures?

Since you said 'handsome' I'll see what I can do... I don't have a bicycle, but I'll see if I can borrow one from somewhere

Good. Thanks.


Nohad's picture

TheFazz wrote:

this will be helpful in preparing the 2010 my-kart calendar. additionally, we would want to identify:

1/ school holidays
2/ Malaysian Grand prix, sepang
3/ A1GP - sepang
4/ motoGP - sepang
5/ MME2010
6/ any local karting dates available
7/ any others?

This is a tough one, normally the dates are not announced till quite late in the year.But we should be getting some info trickling in starting by August as usual.


NiZeR's picture

timmsm wrote:
edwynlow wrote:
Mark,

Do you have a bicycle that I can borrow to cycle around the Sepang Track to take your handsome pictures?

Since you said 'handsome' I'll see what I can do... I don't have a bicycle, but I'll see if I can borrow one from somewhere

mark,

r u racing in t 1000km raCE..?


timmsm's picture

NiZeR wrote:
timmsm wrote:
edwynlow wrote:
Mark,

Do you have a bicycle that I can borrow to cycle around the Sepang Track to take your handsome pictures?

Since you said 'handsome' I'll see what I can do... I don't have a bicycle, but I'll see if I can borrow one from somewhere

mark,

r u racing in t 1000km raCE..?

Yup... rookie debut Tongue


RawFlesh's picture

GOOD LUCK Mark! Up


saa73's picture

Fazz - good call, you have my support.

In the spirit of open source, we should all try to get all the dates of external events to the committee. And to be fair, we should have a "cut off date" by when the calendar should be fixed for the next year.

I suppose, it will need to be fixed by sometime in Nov/Dec 2009 for the 2010 season - perhaps by 30-Nov 2009, by which time everybody should have given input, and we agree on the dates, and have the season dates announced by the time we have the my-Kart year end grand final that's typically held in early Dec before the Christmas holidays.

So, I propose a clear cut off date for fixing the following year's calendar, and each and every member has a chance to input dates (events, school hols, cuti, etc) to the committee before that....but after it's fixed...you live with it....agreed?


RawFlesh's picture

Agree..... can add my b'day in ah? Tongue Kidding.....


Nohad's picture

Preliminary dates for 2010

Not taking school holidays, F1, national karting events, MSS, MRC, Japan GT, Sepang 1000, MME, MotoGP & AIGP into account.
To be fine tuned later.

2 or 9 Jan 10 -------> 1 Jan 10 = New Year's day
6 Feb 10 ----------> 14 & 15 Feb = CNY
6 Mar 10
3 Apr 10 ----------> possibility of F1 falling on this weekend
8 May 10 ----------> 1 May = Labour day
5 or 12 June 10 -------> 5 June = Agung's b'day
3 Jul 10
7 Aug 10 --------> 11 Aug = Start of puasa
2 Oct 10
6 or 13 Nov -------> 5 Nov = Deepavali

4, 11 or 18 Dec 10 (Grand Finale) ------> 11 Dec = Sultan S'gor b'day


TheFazz's picture

Nohad wrote:
Preliminary dates for 2010

Not taking school holidays, F1, national karting events, MSS, MRC, Japan GT, Sepang 1000, MME, MotoGP & AIGP into account.
To be fine tuned later.

thanks patrick. will work with these dates first.


Ashraff's picture

Dear COmmittee,

Just read your postings and proposed dates for 2010. Well done and good planning to all you committee members... however, can we also take into account MME and S1k dates too?


Ashraff's picture

Dear COmmittee,

If i may add my 2 cents worth into this...

I too am inthe same position as Desmond and am sure a few others in my kart who race at national level races in especially S1k and MME... However, i do respect points made my Fazz in that we cannot have the my kart calender be treated as secondary.

Now...in my kind and respectful appeal to the committee, the whole idea of mykart was to develop and support members "graduating" to a higher level or racing.. isn't this is what my kart and the essence of it was all about? The very few who do have the opportunity to race at S1k and MME are generally those who take races in mykart very seriously and moreso, been very supportive of the growth and development of my-kart. I'm sure the committee will agree that what mykart has grown to me today can be directly attributed to the support of these "few" drivers.

Pls remember, and do stand to be corrected, that mykart is not only providing opportunities for young and aspiring drivers to learn in karting, but also graduating to what is natrually the "next step" in motorsports.

Now, i'm trying to come into this with as much "logic" as possible and may i suggest, as a compromise, flexibility in the "days" chosen. For example, having it on a sunday as opposed to a saturday. Does it really have to be at the first week of each month? At least for dates that clash with other national races.

Ultimately guys, my kart and those whom are involved should be proud at what is happenning. That is, the natural progression of drivers into national races is taking place. This is the result of the "vision" of Mykart. Lets support that.


TheFazz's picture

Ashraff wrote:
Dear COmmittee,

If i may add my 2 cents worth into this...

I too am inthe same position as Desmond and am sure a few others in my kart who race at national level races in especially S1k and MME... However, i do respect points made my Fazz in that we cannot have the my kart calender be treated as secondary.

Now...in my kind and respectful appeal to the committee, the whole idea of mykart was to develop and support members "graduating" to a higher level or racing.. isn't this is what my kart and the essence of it was all about? The very few who do have the opportunity to race at S1k and MME are generally those who take races in mykart very seriously and moreso, been very supportive of the growth and development of my-kart. I'm sure the committee will agree that what mykart has grown to me today can be directly attributed to the support of these "few" drivers.

Pls remember, and do stand to be corrected, that mykart is not only providing opportunities for young and aspiring drivers to learn in karting, but also graduating to what is natrually the "next step" in motorsports.

Now, i'm trying to come into this with as much "logic" as possible and may i suggest, as a compromise, flexibility in the "days" chosen. For example, having it on a sunday as opposed to a saturday. Does it really have to be at the first week of each month? At least for dates that clash with other national races.

Ultimately guys, my kart and those whom are involved should be proud at what is happenning. That is, the natural progression of drivers into national races is taking place. This is the result of the "vision" of Mykart. Lets support that.

ashraff

as you would notice on our posting for the 2010 calendar (http://club.my-kart.org/node/3521), i am seeking some dates for the MME and S1k. this post was in relation to the 2009 calendar when we had fixed the my-kart calendar and was subsequently advised of the S1k and MME dates.

my-kart definitely supports drivers who move on to other more competitive series. this is what we are all about. so for the 2010 calendar we are incorporating the MME and S1k schedules - except that neither of these dates have been fixed by SIC. Sad

so one option as you will find suggested by nohad is to keep june & august 2010 flexible to allow for S1k and MME, respectively.

hope that helps clarify. any thoughts?