[b]**IMPORTANT NOTE **
The time for the session on 11 October has been changed to 2pm to 4pm.
Please take note. TQ[/b]
YOUNG TALENT SEARCH FOR 8 Hours MEGA ENDURO
Do you want to be a part of Malaysia’s FIRST EVER 8-hour long go-kart endurance race?
As part of an ongoing grassroots motorsports development program, in conjunction with my-kart, Team TeleVAS Racing are offering to sponsor a full team of fresh, young, new talent to enter the my-KART 8-hours Mega Endurance on 19 Dec 2000 (see link http://club.my-kart.org/node/3485)
A panel of senior karters will select 6 drivers to form a team and will provide all necessary training (driver coaching, safety, track ethics, team management, strategies etc). Of the 6 drivers, a maximum of 2 may be current experienced K2 or K3 drivers who will demonstrate to the panel that they are competent to lead and coach the team.
1. Malaysian citizens (aged below 25 years are encouraged to join)
2. Maximum of 2 existing my-KART drivers shall be selected
3. Minimum of 4 ‘rookie’ drivers shall be selected
4. Participants shall not be holders, past or present, of any motorsports competition license
5. Open to male or female (ladies don’t be shy)
6. Applicants must attend a mandatory selection session
1. A selection panel will evaluate potential candidates on either of the following dates:-
1. Session 1 – Sunday 27th September 2009, 11am to 1pm
2. Session 2 - Sunday 11th October 2009, [b]2pm to 4pm[/b]
2. DRIVER SELECTION - Kart rental fees for 2 driver evaluation sessions shall be paid by the participant (est cost RM35 per session) and shall be paid direct to the track operator (City Karting)
3. SELECTED DRIVERS – Once selected, the team will be fully sponsored by Team TeleVAS Racing, which will include practice and training sessions and race entry fees.
4. The decision of the selection panel is ABSOLUTE and FINAL.
5. The panel reserves the right to add, remove or modify and terms herein at their absolute discretion.
6. The selection panel has the absolute right to refuse entry or remove any driver deemed to be a danger or threat to others.
7. Please check this site regularly for updates or changes, especially dates and times of evaluation sessions.
In addition to being a fully sponsored rookie driver, trained by experienced drivers in all aspects of the sport, some targets of achievement are set as follows:-
1. If the team manages a podium finish (1st, 2nd or 3rd) during the Mega Endurance Race, the entire team will be entitled to 50% discount off of the entry fees for my-kart DRIVERS series 2010, Rounds 1 and 2 (Jan 2010 and Feb 2010) in K3 category.
2. The driver who achieves the fastest lap time in the team will receive a complimentary ‘taxi ride’ in the Team TeleVAS Racing endurance car at Sepang International Circuit.
Interested particpants, please register in this forum, providing the follwoing information
a) Full name
c) Contact No.
d) Preference to attend either Selection Session 1 [b]or [/b]Selection Session 2
Any other queries may be posted in this forum or sent via email to email@example.com