2011 my-kart event calendar

Submitted by TheFazz on Mon, 29 Nov 2010 - 23:52

the 2011 public holiday and school holiday calendar are available at the following link:
http://www.onestopmalaysia.com/holidays-2011.html

i would like to start working on the 2011 my-kart calendar covering the DRIVERS series, the TEAMS series and any other one off events. please see my post on the topic of fixing calendars in advance and not changing it during the year: http://club.my-kart.org/node/3452

general guidelines

1. DRIVERS series usually on first saturday of the month; unless the following:
  2. avoid clashes with major public holidays like CNY, HariRaya etc
  3. avoid clashes with major motorsports events like F1, MotoGP, MME etc
  4. avoid clashing with long weekends / school holiday weekends (when people usually have weddings to attend and outstation trips)
  5. avoid having two consecutive DRIVERS series rounds too close to each other
  6. avoid official racing events during ramadhan and about two weeks after raya
  7. try spreading the times for the DRIVERS series, TEAMS series, and perhaps even the CK125 series etc
  8. try to avoid clashing with other karting events that my-kart drivers may participate in

DRIVERS series calendar

i have not yet booked the times with CityKarting, nor have i posted the individual appointments for the 2011 calendar ('edit' and 'clone'), but for your information, these are the dates i would propose:

Round 01, (CW) 8 Jan 2011 - 7:30am
Round 02, (CCW) 12 Feb 2011 - 7:30am
Round 03, (CW) 5 Mar 2011 - 7:30am
Round 04, (CCW) 2 Apr 2011 - 7:30am
Round 05, (CW) 14 May 2011 - 7:30am (formerly 7th)
Round 06, (CCW) 4 Jun 2011 - 7:30am
Round 07, (CW) 2 Jul 2011 - 7:30am
Round 08, (CCW) 23 Jul 2011 - 7:30am (formerly 30th)
ramadhan break: 1 Aug to 4 Sep 2011 (49 days!)
Round 09, (CW) 10 Sep 2011 - 7:30am
Round 10, (CCW) 8 Oct 2011 - 7:30am
Grand Finale, Saturday 10 Dec 2011 - 7:30am

According to the Sepang website, http://www.malaysiangp.com.my/story/sepang-circuits-2011-ev… the following events are planned (avoid clashing with F1, Malaysian Super Series, Super GT, Merdeka Millennium Endurance Race, MotoGP and Sepang 1000km):

F1: 8th - 10th April
MSS: 7th-8th May
Super GT: 17th - 19th June
MSS: 25th-26th Jun
MSS: 29th-31th Jul
MMER: 15th - 17th September
MSS: 24th-25th Sep
MotoGP: 21st - 23rd October
MSS: 18th-20th Nov
Sepang 1000km: 1st - 3rd December

I've also obtained the KBS (kementerian belia & sukan) Karting dates from CityKarting (as 2011 organisers) as follows:

26th - 27th March 2011 - RD 1 - Shah Alam
21st - 22nd May 2011 - RD 2 - Sepang
2nd - 3rd July 2011 - RD 3 - Langkawi
1st - 2nd Oct 2011 - RD 4 - Shah Alam
26th - 27th Nov 2011 - RD 5 - Sepang

Our rounds will only clash with the KBS round 3 - which i think is ok since it is held in Langkawi. I cannot adjust the calendar now without making changes to many other DRIVERS series rounds. So we will keep the 2 July race.

all DRIVERS series event days are saturday morning from 0730hrs to 1330hrs.

your help & collaboration needed

pls help collaborate to improve this calendar so we have a robust plan for 2011 and to avoid any further changes to our calendar.

we would like to have the return of the TEAMS series (enduro format) in 2011. So will have to slot in the event dates into the calendar. please help me suggest the TEAMS series calendar.

Feel free to also update the google calendar (search for my-kart by fazz).

also start planning your 2011 calendars.

Forum topics

folks, please do comment whether the calendar is ok. would also need to take note of the Malaysian superseries (MSS):

7-8 May
25-26 Jun
29-31 Jul
24-25 Sep
18-20 Nov

the may and July dates clash with MSS. do suggest alternative dates.

kthxbai

well, i can't really give out any comment much because all of those dates that you've suggested are fine with me mr fazz. unless, my college suddenly comes out with any important event(s) or test(s) for the upcoming semesters which i have no idea when it is going to be right now.

as for May and July scheduled races,

we can change from May 7th to May 14th perhaps? in that case, there will be only 3 weeks seperated from Round 5 to Round 6(June 4th) which personally i'm okay with it.

and we can change from July 30th to July 23rd perhaps? this will be the same case as the above and again, i'm definitely okay with it. in fact, i don't even mind if it is seperated by 2 weeks for july races(round 7 and 8) because, we will be on the break for ramadhan and the next race will be at least 40 days after? perghh...that is such a looonnggg timeeee (:P)

again, the only racing commitment that i have right now is My-Kart Drivers Series and perhaps some of the CK events itself. so, i'm fine when it is going to be or how close it is going to be seperated 2 consecutive rounds which is not really the same case with other my karters that have achieved pro level or having more commitments than i am. so, my comment aren't really relevant of course.

[quote=camel90]well, i can't really give out any comment much because all of those dates that you've suggested are fine with me mr fazz. unless, my college suddenly comes out with any important event(s) or test(s) for the upcoming semesters which i have no idea when it is going to be right now.

as for May and July scheduled races,

we can change from May 7th to May 14th perhaps? in that case, there will be only 3 weeks seperated from Round 5 to Round 6(June 4th) which personally i'm okay with it.

and we can change from July 30th to July 23rd perhaps? this will be the same case as the above and again, i'm definitely okay with it. in fact, i don't even mind if it is seperated by 2 weeks for july races(round 7 and 8) because, we will be on the break for ramadhan and the next race will be at least 40 days after? perghh...that is such a looonnggg timeeee (:P)

again, the only racing commitment that i have right now is My-Kart Drivers Series and perhaps some of the CK events itself. so, i'm fine when it is going to be or how close it is going to be seperated 2 consecutive rounds which is not really the same case with other my karters that have achieved pro level or having more commitments than i am. so, my comment aren't really relevant of course.[/quote]

thanks for the feedback bro.

i am fine to shorten the gap between round 5 and 6, and similarly rounds 7 and 8. i would go with that, unless there are other major events / holidays etc that clashes.

still - the ramadhan gap is pretty long. :P

Yaalah brother let us vroom vroom in sepang.

[quote=achikto]Yaalah brother let us vroom vroom in sepang.[/quote]

Untungla rumah dekat ngan sepang... hahaha

whoaa! will we be having sepang in our calendar next year? that's greaat!!!

so, how will it be then?

Round 1- CKCW
Round 2-CKCCW
Round 3-Sepang
Round 4-CKCW
Round 5-.......

hehehehehe

After taking sabatical leave in k1 racing for the year 2010,
i wanna register into K1 for the full season of 2011. Competing with old and new upgrade drivers :)
ehehehheheh
Bring it onnnnnn !!!! :)

[quote=camel90]whoaa! will we be having sepang in our calendar next year? that's greaat!!![/quote]

we are toying with the idea for some sepang races. need to get further details on cost and logistics first. stay tuned.

why nvr play in plentong, so dat i cld be there too

my arms n legs getting "lemau"...need some refreshment....can't wait to feel again the "vibrations & RUSH"....aaaaahh... :P.....oii don't be so kuning la :D

[quote=PenzoilGuy]my arms n legs getting "lemau"...need some refreshment....can't wait to feel again the "vibrations & RUSH"....aaaaahh... :P.....oii don't be so kuning la :D[/quote]

LOL. bila mau 100cc lagi? :D

Nohad

Sat, 18 Dec 2010 - 23:29

In reply to by camel90

Hmmm...looks like the earliest I could participate is rd4

i have now created all the calendar appointments here ... http://club.my-kart.org/node/3649

please take note that the dates are close to firm. however, for the latter races in 2011, we are in discussions with the Operators to secure races in Sepang Kart Circuit. Please keep tuning in.

team - i received a request from CK to change the date for the round 04 event from 2 April to 16 April. fyi, the F1 race will be on the weekend of 9 April, so it is likely that there will be events on the 2 weekends leading to it.

i am inclined to agree to the change, unless there are any violent objections.