Changes for 2011 agreed with CityKarting

Dear friends

The my-kart committee members (Edwyn, Mark, Naza, Mizi and Fazz) met with Citykarting Enterprises Sdn Bhd (Ah Piau) on the 19th December 2010 to discuss changes for 2011.

Citykarting had recently agreed to the changes on Sunday 26th December 2010.

The following were some points of discussion and agreements:

1. my-kart DRIVERS series 2011 - K1 category

1. CK will prepare 15 karts for the now combined K1 category (K2 is abolished). All drivers will get Rotax Junior 125cc on CRG rebels chassis with Maxxis tyres.
    2. CK will prepare additional karts if there is demand, but CK must be given at least ONE week's notice.
    3. The 15 karts would constitute 30 seats.
    4. The 15 karts would include spares - up to my-kart to determine how many spares are needed.
  2. my-kart DRIVERS series 2011 - K1 pricing

1. K1 entry is only applicable to paid my-kart club members
    2. We agreed that prices for the K1 series will remain as per current 2010 levels - which is RM230 per driver per event.
    3. However, CK is offering drivers to pay RM2,000 up front for 10 races in 2011 - which amounts to RM200 per driver per event.
    4. Transfer of the paid seats is up to my-kart and the participants involved.
    5. CK will further offer RM1,800 up front for 10 races for each driver if my-kart "purchases" all the 30 seats up front. This point is yet unclear upon subsequent reflection, as the 30 seats representing 15 karts includes spare karts. Ah Piau suggested that my-kart provide an offer on this for him to consider. The committee may need to evaluate how many seats will be "purchased" up front.
    6. Once the seats are purchased, my-kart can then "on sell" the seats to other participants at either the standard walk in rate of RM230 or RM2,000 for full year participants. But in this case, my-kart carries the risk of unsold seats.
  3. K3 DRIVERS series 2011 pricing

1. K3 pricing will remain at RM90 per driver (paid my-kart members only - non members remain at RM100 per driver) per event.
    2. However, CK is also offering a similar up front pricing arrangement for drivers who commit to 10 races in advance. Drivers will need to pay RM800 for the 10 race up front commitment.
  4. DRIVERS series venues

1. AP advised us that CK will likely be operating the Sepang Kart Circuit from 1 April 2011. SIC had agreed to this and CK had even paid the deposit, and ordered the additional 20 units 4-stroke rental karts for Sepang Kart Circuit.
    2. my-kart can propose to have some races run at Shah Alam and some at Sepang. Initial proposal is for 6 DRIVERS series races at Shah Alam and 4 DRIVERS series races at Sepang and 1 Grand Finale race in Sepang.
    3. To save transport costs, we agreed to have only ONE switch over from Shah Alam to Sepang after the 6th round. Hence, transportation is limited to RM300 one way from Shah Alam to Sepang and RM300 return after the final race of 2011.
    4. The transport costs will need to be incurred for the 15 K1 karts.
    5. For the K3 category, drivers will use the new 4-stroke karts in Sepang.
    6. If my-kart wishes to bring the 80cc karts to Sepang, this will incur additional transport costs (not quoted).
    7. If K3 is run on the 4-stroke karts, the pricing will remain the same as the 80cc 2-stroke karts.
  5. LANGKAWI once off race

1. CK has a strong desire to run my-kart events at Langkawi.
    2. Dates have yet to be determined.
    3. my-kart will propose date and further details.
  6. Free days for kids on weekdays during school holidays

1. AP offered my-kart to scheduled certain days exclusively for school children during school holidays (but only on weekdays and not on public holidays).
    2. CK will not charge for the event if my-kart can organise for a large group of school children.
    3. my-kart will consider the offer, and propose.

Comments

TheFazz's picture

dear members - please comment.

Please hurry up if you wish to take up the full season discount offer.

naza's picture

Just a thought,......the odds to get drivers to sign up for all 10 rounds is presumably better if the total points accumulated from all 10 rounds do count as oppose to the current best 8 rounds system.

Statistics showed that the number of regular drivers in K1 and K2 starting grid was almost full in the first 3 rounds and start to decrease a little in the next 3 rounds. The pattern of who will probably be podium finishers will start to get clear at about rd 7 or 8 and that's probably why rd 8 , 9 and 10 has very poor attendance.

amad_1011's picture

Tabulating the subcription of full season package

#NameStatus
1.Ahmad Firdaus Mohamad Esmanconfirmed to sign up

TheFazz's picture

naza wrote:
Just a thought,......the odds to get drivers to sign up for all 10 rounds is presumably better if the total points accumulated from all 10 rounds do count as oppose to the current best 8 rounds system.

Statistics showed that the number of regular drivers in K1 and K2 starting grid was almost full in the first 3 rounds and start to decrease a little in the next 3 rounds. The pattern of who will probably be podium finishers will start to get clear at about rd 7 or 8 and that's probably why rd 8 , 9 and 10 has very poor attendance.

which is why i had amended the rules for 2011 to count all 10 rounds. no more dropping points.

K1 rules - http://club.my-kart.org/node/3650

K3 rules - http://club.my-kart.org/node/3652

all my-karters - please also help me improve the rules as this is a collaborative effort.

TheFazz's picture

#NameStatus
2.Fazz Rahmanconfirmed full K1 season

rizalkhalid's picture

#NameStatus
3.Rizal Khalidconfirmed full K1 season

Although, i suggest to drop one bad round to accommodate for murphy's law :p

Jac Soo's picture

#NameStatus
4.Jac Soohope can get buyer when busy

afif_kart's picture

#NameStatus
4.Jac Soohope can get buyer when busy
5.Muhammad Afifconfirmed full K1 season
[/quote]

Jules's picture

Scrapping of K2 would have a negative impact, IMHO.

I note, they will use Maxxis tyres for K1 which will have more grip and hence higher top speeds. Speed and inexperience are not often a good mix, as most would agree.

I rather we go K3 with soft compound and tuned exhaust than trying to force the K3 newbies up to speed of the new K1. The jump from K3 to K1 is simply to vast for some. ( despite your procedure for upgrading.....with probabtionary 3 races )

Anyhow, I am sure the commitee has given some tot to this and hence decided. I hope you all have safe racing nevertheless.

NiZeR's picture

waiting for sponsor for Full F1 season..errr K1 season

RawFlesh's picture

NiZeR wrote:
waiting for sponsor for Full F1 season..errr K1 season

I'm waiting too Wink If can, then I'll make the trips back Wink