4 hour enduro: Team R2R motorsports wins after grueling race

Saturday, 10 December 2011
Citykarting Shah Alam Kart Circuit (CW)

90 drivers in 15 teams participated in Mega Mad 4 hour Endurance race. It was a very hot day right to the end of the race at 3:10pm. The rain came about 45 minutes later as the results, and prizes were being given out. The race ran without any hitches with no major incident.

Congratulations to Team R2R Motorsports, comprising Mike Siva, Suresh, Kang Yoon, Amirun Nasrulhaq, Daniel Francis, and Dharil Zahim Aniq for winning the grueling race. The young drivers of Team R2R Motorsports did well with a 1 lap gap to Karting Singapore Team 1 in second place. Third place went to Vertical Speed Racing Team 1.

Entry List

T#TeamDriverKart#Team Weight (kg)Ballast (kg)
T01Vertical Speed RT1Rizal Basri123837
Mohd Afiq Hamzah
Fikri Rahim
Tham Mun Keat
Lim Chong Han
Kenyi Chew
T02Vertical Speed RT2Ilyas James43994
Syamsul Razmin
Sujen
Tim Farrell
Han Yong
Choong Soon Wing
T03Hornetz Racing TeamFirdaus Esman64280
Hasmi Izan
Asmin Osman
Shah Esman
Zul Atfi
Ulul Azmi
T04Aliens RT TerminatorShirley Wong103984
Edwyn Low
Lim Eu Jin
Bryan Lee
Muhaymin
Fazz Rahman
T05Aliens RT PredatorTarmizi133787
Naza
Razmyn
Razak Halim
Selim Rafique
Isk
T06Karting Singapore Team 1Andre93886
Ricky
David
Tresca
Jonathan
Bong
T07Karting Singapore Team 2Jeffrey Sim54240
Zhan Hao
Charles
Hamizan
Xue Hai
Ron
T08BPMB MonsterAzlee73964
Mohd Nor
Zahid
Mohd Nazri
Mohd Tahrin
Zainuddin Zainal
T09Claw Racing TeamKamal Afiq24510
Fizree Helmi
Nik Faris
Syed Amin
Amin Norizan
Zulfadli
T10We Do It Properly 1Amirul Hadi34004
Esmond
Jonard Ng
Syamin
Dexter
Mohd Nazreen Shah
T11We Do It Properly 2Kraisorn144132
Chee Poh
Jack
Jason
Benjamin
Tee Wee Kong
T12Team R2R MotorsportsMike Siva1135511
Suresh
Kang Yoon
Amirun Nasrulhaq
Daniel
Dharil
T13Team iFASTJovan154690
Lim Chung Chum
Keith Neo
Goh Chuan Yong
Bernard Teo
Koh Beng Hee
T14Team TeleVAS RacingChris Setterington8425
Yusnee Yusof
Azlan Ariffin
Ruben Yap
Ashraf Dewal
Desmond Khoo
T15Team Novice UnitedHaslina Ali14151
Luen
Roger
Hanif Che Din
Patrick Tan
Vincent

Race update

Final Race Result

poskartteamlapsdiffbest lap timein lap
111Team R2R Motorsports221-1:01.9147
29Karting Singapore Team 12201 lap1:02.42331
312Vertical Speed Racing Team 12192 laps1:02.9424
413Alien Racing Team Predator2174 laps1:02.90418
58Team TeleVAS Racing2174 laps1:02.5933
610Alien Racing Team Terminator2138 laps1:02.346140
76Hornetz Racing Team 121110 laps1:02.5167
814We Do It Properly 221110 laps1:02.477105
97BPMB Monster21110 laps1:02.2674
102Claw Racing Team205*16 lapsx210
1118Novice United195*26 laps1:02.87963
125Karting Singapore Team 219031 laps1:03.43824
131Vertical Speed Racing Team 218734 laps1:02.605187
143Team iFAST17645 laps1:03.71070
154We Do It Properly 116952 laps1:01.60754

*penalised 5 laps as driver failed to complete 10 min stint

Comments

TheFazz's picture

Idea

pls post your race report and experience here. UpUpUpBeer

razin1008's picture

Congrats to Team R2R Motorsports Smile

zainuddin zainal's picture

Hello...... keputusan untuk Team BPMB Monster mana?????????

DHARIL_ZA's picture

ON BEHALF OF ALL THE DRIVERS AND TECH SUPPORT OF TEAM R2R MOTORSPORTS, WE WOULD LIKE TO SAY " THANK YOU "..

K.Bunja's picture

Errr i just noticed the amount of weight ballast on each team from the list above... if that is what everyone ran, then something is seriously not right, isnt it? I thought everyone need to run minimum 420kg or at least close to it?

TheFazz's picture

zainuddin zainal wrote:
Hello...... keputusan untuk Team BPMB Monster mana?????????

minta maaf.

dah dibetulkan.

TheFazz's picture

K.Bunja wrote:
Errr i just noticed the amount of weight ballast on each team from the list above... if that is what everyone ran, then something is seriously not right, isnt it? I thought everyone need to run minimum 420kg or at least close to it?

the ballast works like this: ballast x 6 drivers.

the additional ballast applies to all 6 drivers, so in effect the total additional weight to the team weights is 6 times the ballast you see above.

hope that makes sense.

kangyoon20's picture

DHARIL_ZA wrote:
ON BEHALF OF ALL THE DRIVERS AND TECH SUPPORT OF TEAM R2R MOTORSPORTS, WE WOULD LIKE TO SAY " THANK YOU "..

great weather, great machine, great organizing, great teams, and great race!

thanks to all people involved in this my-kart endurance

and thanks to all my superb teammates who giving all out during the race (amirun even cramp on both legs when jump out from 2nd stink!)

see u all in 2012! Smile

zainuddin zainal's picture

Terima Kasih.....

andretan's picture

On Behalf of KartingSingapore.com, I would like to say a BIG Thank You to the organisers, the marshals and all the racers who took part in the race.

A great event throughout the day, great racing from everyone.
We hope we can join you the next year for somemore fun filled actions!

Regards,
Andre

edwynlow's picture

andretan wrote:
On Behalf of KartingSingapore.com, I would like to say a BIG Thank You to the organisers, the marshals and all the racers who took part in the race.

Regards,
Andre

There should be a 2 hours endurance at Sepang on March with the same karts. Check back for updates..

mike.siva's picture

TheFazz wrote:
Idea
ony behalf of TEAM R2R MOTORSPORT i wish thank the organisers MY KART for the wonderful way the MME was run on a bright and sunny day,god was on your side,he saved the rain till after the race. We R2R MOTORSPORT enjoyed every minute of the race inspite of the heat towards late afternoon. We had a wonderful kart and my drivers drove to instruction and finally we made it. we wish thank all teams and their drivers and citi karting for thier technical support.thanks once again for the wonderful race.

We want organise ayear end sprint on the 31st december 'NEW EVE SPRINT" more details on MY KART web site.

ahmad.azianarizal's picture

On behalf of Vertical Speed Racing Team I would like to thank you very much to all of Club My-Kart Selangor committee members & volunteers.. organizers and all teams & drivers.. Also specials thanks to all of our sponsors : TNR Motorsport (OMP).. SOL Racing Malaysia.. Unik Kukuh Sdn. Bhd.. FR Services Sdn. Bhd.. Kopi Print & Vertical Speed Paragon.. We really appreciate it..!!

Thank you.

Cheers
Ahmad Rizal
Vertical Speed Racing Team

RawFlesh's picture

mike.siva wrote:
Idea
ony behalf of TEAM R2R MOTORSPORT i wish thank the organisers MY KART for the wonderful way the MME was run on a bright and sunny day,god was on your side,he saved the rain till after the race. We R2R MOTORSPORT enjoyed every minute of the race inspite of the heat towards late afternoon. We had a wonderful kart and my drivers drove to instruction and finally we made it. we wish thank all teams and their drivers and citi karting for thier technical support.thanks once again for the wonderful race.

We want organise ayear end sprint on the 31st december 'NEW EVE SPRINT" more details on MY KART web site.

edwynlow wrote:
There should be a 2 hours endurance at Sepang on March with the same karts. Check back for updates..

WOOOHOO! Can't wait! 2 hrs one driver????? Wink hahaha

RawFlesh's picture

Congrates to all that participated and helped out! Wont ave been a great and successful race witout you!

RawFlesh's picture

Pix taken by my wife are going up ere: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150527915680962....

Please help me to tag your friends and have fun! Smile

cheepoh91's picture

On Behalf of We Do It Properly Racing Team 1 & 2 , I would like to say a BIG Thank You to the organisers, the marshals and all the racers who took part in the race.

Nice whether , but too bad , luck was not at our Kart 1 side , (changed 3 times karts , all got problem ) , Kart 2 ( had a nice start and grid position , but all went wrong when the wiring on the ignition box there loosen by itself due to the vibration , and it cause our engine to start chocking. We lose a few position due to this problem.) But Still , we manage to finish 8th on kart 2.

Congratz to all the winner !

And last , STILL ~ a big thanks to my-kart to made this race happened ! =D

BubblyPictures's picture

Photos from registration to grid are uploaded. Race photos coming soon~! Very nice...~!!!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.278745698842681.784...

zuljag's picture

Anyway i want to say congratulations to the organizer for organizing the enduro last weekend. We Claw Racing Team are honoured participating in that event.

But to cut to the chase,i have several suggestion that i need to highlight..here it goes

1. My team has been classified as 10th place.but as far as i know several teams above us has many mechanical problem that need to use the spare karts..which translate to ballast been transfered to the spare karts..from my observation the time needed to do those thing take at least a minimum of 10 minutes..please be inform that our team is sharing the tent with the mechanics so we do know what are happening over there..so 10 minutes would equate to almost 8-9laps...the thing that amuse us the most is how fast that they can lap us or unlap us..even the fastest kart was having a 2 second advantage than us need to do theoritically 30 laps to unlap themselve..of course it would be lesser if driver change included

Suggestion: there should be another marshall that take note of the time they spent in pits to make sure if theres any error in the timelogger that could give them advantage

2. For the team that have crash their karts and beyond repair they got to resume race using new karts..ok fair..but we saw one big flaw in these during the race...the spare karts is having a new tyre as well which translate to better performance of grip hence better laptime..if i were to include 'crashing' as part of the strategy..i will do it halfway of the race and have a undercut strategy.
I can have a faster pit with a race prep spare karts..the strategy..crash my kart near the pit..

Suggestion: next year the team that need to use spare kart must transfer all 4 tyres from the previous kart as well..that should time penalty them because of their own error or the lack of mechanical symphaty that they have on the karts..or u can minus 10 laps on their total laps

I hope that this matter will make the race more better in its next installation..we race hard that day with zero error and will carry on this attitude until the next enduro.

Zul
Claw Race Team principal
www.malaysiansimracers.com

amad_1011's picture

zuljag wrote:
Anyway i want to say congratulations to the organizer for organizing the enduro last weekend. We Claw Racing Team are honoured participating in that event.

But to cut to the chase,i have several suggestion that i need to highlight..here it goes

1. My team has been classified as 10th place.but as far as i know several teams above us has many mechanical problem that need to use the spare karts..which translate to ballast been transfered to the spare karts..from my observation the time needed to do those thing take at least a minimum of 10 minutes..please be inform that our team is sharing the tent with the mechanics so we do know what are happening over there..so 10 minutes would equate to almost 8-9laps...the thing that amuse us the most is how fast that they can lap us or unlap us..even the fastest kart was having a 2 second advantage than us need to do theoritically 30 laps to unlap themselve..of course it would be lesser if driver change included

Suggestion: there should be another marshall that take note of the time they spent in pits to make sure if theres any error in the timelogger that could give them advantage

2. For the team that have crash their karts and beyond repair they got to resume race using new karts..ok fair..but we saw one big flaw in these during the race...the spare karts is having a new tyre as well which translate to better performance of grip hence better laptime..if i were to include 'crashing' as part of the strategy..i will do it halfway of the race and have a undercut strategy.
I can have a faster pit with a race prep spare karts..the strategy..crash my kart near the pit..

Suggestion: next year the team that need to use spare kart must transfer all 4 tyres from the previous kart as well..that should time penalty them because of their own error or the lack of mechanical symphaty that they have on the karts..or u can minus 10 laps on their total laps

I hope that this matter will make the race more better in its next installation..we race hard that day with zero error and will carry on this attitude until the next enduro.

Zul
Claw Race Team principal
www.malaysiansimracers.com[/quote]

....totally agreed..:) Smile

sujen's picture

we (vsrt 2) had to change our karts twice during the race and we transferred all 4 tires from the previous kart together with the ballast. Transfer of tires is not an issue because the mechanics did their job well by transferring all 4 tires as fast as they can.

What consumed most of our time was transferring the ballast which took us almost 10 - 15 minutes.

When our kart had mechanical failure for the 2nd time in the middle of the track, we weren't allowed to push in the trolley to bring back the kart to the pit. The driver was made to push the kart all the way to the pit while he was fully geared on a hot blistering weather and by the time he reached the pit he had his energy all sucked out from that. This caused us a lot of time and by the time we hit on the track we were so many laps behind.

My review on behalf of vertical speed racing team. Other than these issues the race was great. Good job to the organizers!
TQ Smile

BubblyPictures's picture

Photos of MyKart MME 2011 Race are uploaded~! Check it out~! Podium photos coming right up after this... super nice~!!!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.279884615395456.786...

andretan's picture

edwynlow wrote:
andretan wrote:

Regards,
Andre

Thanks for the heads up, will check back for more updates.