Event checklist (before & during the event)

A number of volunteers are required to run the regular KART series events.

There needs to be at least 2 volunteers for each role as backup (so one can take over if the other cannot attend).

The following roles are needed before, during and after each of the events. Further information / checklist of activities can be found here.

Before the event

event promotion (required):
This role concerns with the promotion, communication and registration updates for the coming event. The objective is to increase participation and spectator support.
pre-event preparation (required):
The objective of this role is to ensure all the necessary preparations, arrangements are made to enable the event to be carried out. This concerns with preparation for a particular event, which includes arranging for on-site requirements like
  • track booking & readiness
  • medical support
  • documentation & tools
  • prizes & souvenirs (if relevent)
  • food & beverage
  • hospitality
  • fees, licenses & permits (if applicable)
  • photography, video arrangements
  • PA system
  • Event MC
  • other entertainment
  • sponsor booths
sponsor acquisition (if applicable):
This role concerns with obtaining sponsors for a particular event with the objective of generating revenue for each event. The sponsor acquisition role shall work together with the media invite and event promoter roles to ensure value for the sponsor. This role also requires the preparation of sponsor material and should coordinate with the pre-event preparation role for the hospitality matters.
media invite (if applicable):
The objective of this role is to ensure the event receives the necessary and proper coverage. The media invite role will need to make arrangements for the media coverage.

During the event

event director:
This is the overseeing role for each event to ensure that the operations and overall event execution is efficient and on time. The event director may also further instruct other volunteers for grid formation and pit turnaround. The event director will also decide on techical matters upon advise by the event technical advisor
event administration (required):
This role concerns with the event administrations involving registration, collection, safeguarding my-KART cash & assets, payment etc.
event operations (required):
This role concerns with the event operations involving the following:
  • race grouping
  • scheduling
  • scoring, ranking, sorting, results reporting
  • race briefing
  • safety management
  • grid management
  • pit management

The event operations role is one of the busiest roles during an event and the incumbent may need to appoint / select a few volunteers to do the following:

• lap charting
  • driver, kart and grid formations
  • flag marshalling
  • race observers (need experienced racers), if applicable
  • scoring & administration

For scoring and administration, the event operations role may request the event administration role to assist, although the main call / decision maker will be the event operations role.

event technical adviser:
The event Technical Adviser will be in charge of assessing the track & weather conditions, the state of the kart wear and tear and provide the event operations / administration roles with the avilable karts for the events. The event technical adviser role will also liaise with the kart / circuit operators on any issues pertaining to the kart or track conditions.

After the event

post-race reporter:
This role is required to seek feedback from the event partcipants concerning the event and commentary about their races. The role is required to provide a written report via this website on the event.
external liaison:
This role is required to extend / communicate my-KART's appreciation for the media's & sponsor's attendance to the events.

Comments

Nohad's picture

I volunteer my service for event operations or event technical adviser or both if required.

TheFazz's picture

Nohad wrote:
I volunteer my service for event operations or event technical adviser or both if required.

thanks bro.

So far:

event operations: Luen, Patrick (nohad)
event technical adviser: Patrick
event administration: Fairus

luen's picture

Fazz, would like to take at techinical adviser role too, please include me

ed's picture

Put me in for operations, as I've had some experience there.
Perhaps you need to appoint the respective heads.
My suggestion;
Administration: Fazz/Yusnee
Operations: Azlan
Technical: Jules
We volunteers will assist, be the understudy and move up gradually.

ed wrote:
Put me in for operations, as I've had some experience there.
Perhaps you need to appoint the respective heads.
My suggestion;
Administration: Fazz/Yusnee
Operations: Azlan
Technical: Jules
We volunteers will assist, be the understudy and move up gradually.

Agreed, I would volunteer to be an understudy. Fazz, fit me which you think I'm good at not technical or operation plz.