Active Forum Topics more visible

05 Oct 2006

Posted by mikko

Just had some random thoughts about the my-kart site layout as it is.

I seem to remember the "active forum topics" list being visible at the first page after coming into my-kart.org/web. ( I might be wrong ?.)

Now the only way to find the forum at that point is to see the small link at the top of the page, and you only have the active forum topics list when you enter the forum section. I think the forum is one of the main sections that would bring in participation at my-kart after the events section. Think it's worth making it more visible?

And another thing... you think it might be worth making the threads readable by guests? And only commenting restricted to those that signed up. This because I for one was thinking "wow this forum gets no replies" when there was thread after thread without a single reply. When you aren't logged in it simply states "login or register to post comments"... doesn't say anything about having to log in to read the comments.

Forum topics: 
sabelt's picture

would be glad to have in pHp format forum. Smile coz only the regulars would know how to post in this forum.

TheFazz's picture

sabelt wrote:
would be glad to have in pHp format forum. Smile

what do you mean by this? are you talking about the phpBB forum? ah. can't do that, unless you want another login id.

btw, i have allowed unregistered users to be able to view responses to topics.

sabelt's picture

TheFazz wrote:
sabelt wrote:
would be glad to have in pHp format forum. Smile

what do you mean by this? are you talking about the phpBB forum? ah. can't do that, unless you want another login id.

btw, i have allowed unregistered users to be able to view responses to topics.

Cool. At least the guests viewer can read all the comments.

Jules's picture

I am still having contents of forum which goes offscreen to the left....rendering it unreadable!

Sigh! care to help?

TheFazz's picture

Jules wrote:
I am still having contents of forum which goes offscreen to the left....rendering it unreadable!

Sigh! care to help?

apparently this problem plagues internet explorer users. have you tried firefox?

in any, case i shall try to fix it - but i am not sure what is causing the problem.

OSFlanker's picture

TheFazz wrote:
apparently this problem plagues internet explorer users. have you tried firefox?

in any, case i shall try to fix it - but i am not sure what is causing the problem.

The cause of the problem is obvious : Bill Gates. I am using Mozilla Firefox with no problem at all.

TheFazz's picture

mikko - thanks for the suggestions. i shall do this in a while. perhaps tomorrow.

TheFazz's picture

mikko wrote:
Just had some random thoughts about the my-kart site layout as it is.

I seem to remember the "active forum topics" list being visible at the first page after coming into my-kart.org/web. ( I might be wrong ?.)

Now the only way to find the forum at that point is to see the small link at the top of the page, and you only have the active forum topics list when you enter the forum section. I think the forum is one of the main sections that would bring in participation at my-kart after the events section. Think it's worth making it more visible?

And another thing... you think it might be worth making the threads readable by guests? And only commenting restricted to those that signed up. This because I for one was thinking "wow this forum gets no replies" when there was thread after thread without a single reply. When you aren't logged in it simply states "login or register to post comments"... doesn't say anything about having to log in to read the comments.

Mikko - thanks for the suggestions.

Consider your requests done. Please give me your feedback.

A thread was started to get feedback on the new layouts:
http://club.my-kart.org/node/625