member benefits - have your say

Submitted by TheFazz on Sat, 30 Dec 2006 - 13:42

Folks

The formation of the Kelab my-KART Selangor takes us to a new level.

I mention my-KART's future possibilities in my year end message. One key area that I would like to work on further is on how the Club can serve members better. The Club intends to be a sustainable and relevant one for members and enthusiasts alike. In doing so, we should not move too far away from the core purpose of the club which is to bring racing to the masses - ie, popularising grassroots motorsports.

I know that some have voiced the desire to have driver clinics and coaching as part of the member benefits.

Please have your say here.

Yes, and we should group this effort into 2 main categories.

1)Racing / Kart Driving - this includes coaching sessions, marshalling, kart technicals, anything that is track related

2)Social Activities - outings ie TTs, picnics, drives ( convoys ), car track days....w HPC of course, charity events ( Mana Angeline )

Naturally, as members the participation of such events should be subsidised and where possible FOC.

Part of the entry should also ensure we have a team shirt to wear, useful for all offiical events .....cap is too common nowadays.

looks like we'll need to set up sub-committees to look into the various activities associated with the club, and member volunteers to head each sub-committee.

Of course, the "Makan" (incl TT) sub-committee lead position is already filled...heh heh...but looking for volunteers to join my sub-committee...I'm thinking Ed's a potential candidate....and maybe Ramsey too (this guy can sure eat, esp after midnight!) ;-)

[quote=saa73]looks like we'll need to set up sub-committees to look into the various activities associated with the club, and member volunteers to head each sub-committee.

Of course, the "Makan" (incl TT) sub-committee lead position is already filled...heh heh...but looking for volunteers to join my sub-committee...I'm thinking Ed's a potential candidate....and maybe Ramsey too (this guy can sure eat, esp after midnight!) ;-)[/quote]

yes - i was supposed to put up an org chart for the my-KART committee. i posted some thoughts & comments on my 2006 review thread.

------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thefazz.com/me

How about providing the my-KART logo badge upon registration?

How about the discount on my-KART member's participation fee for the sprint series & endurance as discussed during our TT?

to put together:

+ discount for races - this is a can do
+ free t-shirts - ummm.... i would like to have a nice t-shirt. something like dry-fit material and nice design. don't think this will come cheap. supposed to see steward for the design... argh!! too busy.
+ free badges - do able; but not too many freebies
+ free car sticker - can do
+ cap - ok, but design must be nice too

Folks,
Got "verbal agreement in principle" from AP this afternoon about cheaper 80 cc karting:

Walk in karter : RM 35 per 10 mins.

Regular karter : RM 30 per 10 mins (if he likes you but not guaranteed every time)
or RM 150 for 5 sessions of 10 mins each.

my-KART member (must show my-KART membership ID) : RM 100 for 5 sessions of 10 mins each. There are no restrictions with regards to how to use the 5 sessions, only pay in full upfront.......no otang ah!

Note: For now the above is verbal and will need to get AP to reconfirm the special rate for mykart members. Single sessions will be the same as for regular karters.

[quote=naza]my-KART member (must show my-KART membership ID) : RM 100 for 5 sessions of 10 mins each. There are no restrictions with regards to how to use the 5 sessions, only pay in full upfront.......no otang ah!
[/quote]

This will be a very good benefit to start off.

[quote=naza]my-KART member (must show my-KART membership ID) : RM 100 for 5 sessions of 10 mins each. There are no restrictions with regards to how to use the 5 sessions, only pay in full upfront.......no otang ah!

Note: For now the above is verbal and will need to get AP to reconfirm the special rate for mykart members. Single sessions will be the same as for regular karters.[/quote]

thanks naza. this looks good!

[quote=TheFazz][quote=naza]my-KART member (must show my-KART membership ID) : RM 100 for 5 sessions of 10 mins each. There are no restrictions with regards to how to use the 5 sessions, only pay in full upfront.......no otang ah!

Note: For now the above is verbal and will need to get AP to reconfirm the special rate for mykart members. Single sessions will be the same as for regular karters.[/quote]

thanks naza. this looks good!

http://www.thefazz.com/me[/quote]

We can try to do the same for the 100 cc....say RM200 for 5 sessions?....Hi AP! ....how are you today?......lalala!

[quote=siangwei]is the deal confirm... i mean the special rate for my-karters... btw, we do have member ship ID already? so changih liao?.... [/quote]

yes, we are working on it on both counts. you will also find our ID card quite cool (if i may say so).

also working on a cool t-shirt. my-KART will be working on a brand of attire you'd want to wear everyday even if you do not kart at all.