KFC = Kentucky's a Frigging Con

22 Jan 2005

Posted by OSFlanker

Yes, Kentucky's a frigging con job. Has anyone tried the new OR fillet burger???

In the ad the bun is fluffy, lettuce protruding from the sides and the fillet is bigger than the bun.

Real thing - the fillet is barely one half the size of the bun, and a few strands of lettuce. When you unwrap, all you see is bun - you must open the bun to make sure there is a fillet inside!!!!

Who else has been conned???

Forum topics: 
TheFazz's picture

Been conned a few times, I'm afraid... and I never learn. The first was with the popcorn chicken or some such. My the whole thing was only palmsized!

As for the OR burger - yup. very small. been disappointed with KFC... but on occassion the kids like them, even though I cannot stand them for misleading consumers. Prefer Burger King myself.


OSFlanker's picture

Yes, Burger King is the best. Even back in UK I prefer Burger King - they used to have promotions - cheeseburger for 99p!

Yes, this is not KFC's first con job. Their twister (popcorn chicken in naan/pita bread) is a real farce.


razmyn's picture

sudah kena last friday...ordered the now burger for take away...when the girl handed over the bag...I had a look & spontaneously asked.."where's the burger??"
she showed me & I laughed hysterically...is this all???
hahahahahaha...even the kids mini burger at secret recipe is bigger!!


TheFazz's picture

razmyn wrote:
sudah kena last friday...ordered the now burger for take away...when the girl handed over the bag...I had a look & spontaneously asked.."where's the burger??"
she showed me & I laughed hysterically...is this all???
hahahahahaha...even the kids mini burger at secret recipe is bigger!!

How apt! Even the new KFC advert (the guy who lost his car), it ended with the guy wondering where his burger went! It is so small you can't see it! lol


bmFive's picture

Fazz

Ha ha, there's a good one.

I've not tried the new burger but I'm not surprised at the outrage. Like many had said, this's not the first time they had done that. Pizza Hut is guilty of the same act too, in their ad it's always shown thich crust with fill to the brink topping and sticky cheese, but the real one........cheh!


OSFlanker's picture

Anyone wishing to try the new OR fillet burger, please bring a digital camera along! I was thinking of taking a picture of the real burger, but I will look totally stupid by getting conned a SECOND time!

Take a picture and take Kentucky Frigging Con to the consumer tribunal!


saa73's picture

yup, tried the OR fillet and it was tiny!...

why you all makan burger? the idea's to lose weight lah...go for the KFC Garden salad...yum! Look at me...lost weight, won the MyME Enduro....what more you want??
heh eheh

Azlan@saa73


bmFive's picture

saa73 wrote:
yup, tried the OR fillet and it was tiny!...

why you all makan burger? the idea's to lose weight lah...go for the KFC Garden salad...yum! Look at me...lost weight, won the MyME Enduro....what more you want??
heh eheh

Azlan@saa73

Please let us know your secret on ways to loose weight, I have been trying hard to shed that extra few kilo but no avail!


TheFazz's picture

bmFive wrote:

Please let us know your secret on ways to loose weight, I have been trying hard to shed that extra few kilo but no avail!

Don't believe Azlan's lies that he is losing weight... I am making sure that he puts on more... but the unfortunate side effect is I am putting on more myself... lol!


OSFlanker's picture

bmFive wrote:

Please let us know your secret on ways to loose weight, I have been trying hard to shed that extra few kilo but no avail!

bmFive, losing is no secret - CARDIO!!!!!

During the weigh in at the MyME I was totally demoralised to find myself at a very heavy 70kg. Since then I have lost 4kg by running twice a week for 30 mins each time. Every Sunday I wake up at 6:15 for a nice 30 min run, followed by 45 mins washing my car. I then try to squeeze in another running session in the middle of the week.

Of course, have to cut down on food (just take 3 normal meals a day), alcohol and late nights too!


TheFazz's picture

OSFlanker wrote:
Since then I have lost 4kg by running twice a week for 30 mins each time. Every Sunday I wake up at 6:15 for a nice 30 min run, followed by 45 mins washing my car. I then try to squeeze in another running session in the middle of the week.

Of course, have to cut down on food (just take 3 normal meals a day), alcohol and late nights too!

I admire your regime... alas when I weighed in at 70kgs, I was like... "oh well"... Wink


bmFive's picture

OSFlanker wrote:
bmFive wrote:

Please let us know your secret on ways to loose weight, I have been trying hard to shed that extra few kilo but no avail!

bmFive, losing is no secret - CARDIO!!!!!

During the weigh in at the MyME I was totally demoralised to find myself at a very heavy 70kg. Since then I have lost 4kg by running twice a week for 30 mins each time. Every Sunday I wake up at 6:15 for a nice 30 min run, followed by 45 mins washing my car. I then try to squeeze in another running session in the middle of the week.

Of course, have to cut down on food (just take 3 normal meals a day), alcohol and late nights too!

Oh well I supposed once you've aged, those fat cells are so deeply entrenched that it's doubly difficult to get rid off.

I work out in the gym 3 times a week for an hour each time (not to mention the winter testing on Sat) & I do eat moderately, but still find it difficult to shed those kilos, how ar?


simon's picture

Guys, all of you are taking this TOO seriously. Please, this is worrying...how la, to enjoy my-kart races, when all of you are 'under' weight, with running 2-3 times a week, winter testing (~70 laps !! - wha gila, man) for some, and OSF taking to eating 'small' burgers to loose weight.

K2 must institute ballast for all drivers under 74kgs !!! This must be the new rule for 2005. can ah ? Else, they start 2 laps down, on the slowest kart, in 80cc with 4 strokes, yes, the 2 seater variant, with a camera man in tow.


TheFazz's picture

simon wrote:
Guys, all of you are taking this TOO seriously. Please, this is worrying...how la, to enjoy my-kart races, when all of you are 'under' weight, with running 2-3 times a week, winter testing (~70 laps !! - wha gila, man) for some, and OSF taking to eating 'small' burgers to loose weight.

K2 must institute ballast for all drivers under 74kgs !!! This must be the new rule for 2005. can ah ? Else, they start 2 laps down, on the slowest kart, in 80cc with 4 strokes, yes, the 2 seater variant, with a camera man in tow.

What's wrong with taking this seriously?

I am taking sports psychology sessions, and learning some PR work... "I would like to thank the crew at Citykarting, the Shah Alam Council, Dunlop etc etc"... Smile


bmFive's picture

simon wrote:
Guys, all of you are taking this TOO seriously. Please, this is worrying...how la, to enjoy my-kart races, when all of you are 'under' weight, with running 2-3 times a week, winter testing (~70 laps !! - wha gila, man) for some, and OSF taking to eating 'small' burgers to loose weight.

K2 must institute ballast for all drivers under 74kgs !!! This must be the new rule for 2005. can ah ? Else, they start 2 laps down, on the slowest kart, in 80cc with 4 strokes, yes, the 2 seater variant, with a camera man in tow.

simon

I've finally found a sport that I truely enjoy. It motivates me to keep & stay fit, a motivation which I never had before.

Am I taking it too seriously? No, I'm just too darn passionate on the sport.....hehehe!


OSFlanker's picture

Simon, all those below 70kg will be gunning after your arse in the next race, so you better be serious when you see a few skinny fellas behind you!!!! hahahaha


razmyn's picture

skinny only...is ok..but skinny & gay!! hmmm...i'd be very worried then ...lol..
as for me...weighting 68 kgs is ok..since this weight gives me the optimum body mass index...0..so just trying to maintain this weight...not easy tho...tennis 3 times a week & jogging+gym to replace them when I'm abroad...but the main thing is to enjoy the exercises..only then would it be easier...no pain ..no gain;)


bmFive's picture

razmyn wrote:
skinny only...is ok..but skinny & gay!! hmmm...i'd be very worried then ...lol..
as for me...weighting 68 kgs is ok..since this weight gives me the optimum body mass index...0..so just trying to maintain this weight...not easy tho...tennis 3 times a week & jogging+gym to replace them when I'm abroad...but the main thing is to enjoy the exercises..only then would it be easier...no pain ..no gain;)

razmyn

68kg.....that's my next target!


razmyn's picture

but then again...with the full racing gears on...I weight slightly above 70 kgs...maybe I'd better have a good second look at the carbon fibre helmet I saw in Melbourne a few months ago...hmmmmmmm
but still...good luck bro in your quest...just wondering what's your height...wanna lose weight but not to forget the BMI...else you might end up under weight...& thats no good I guess


TheFazz's picture

razmyn wrote:
...the carbon fibre helmet I saw in Melbourne a few months ago...

Whaaaa.... carbon fibre helmet. Super cool. Any chance you see a Gilles Villeneuve replica helmet (budget not more than RM2000), do let me know.


siewweng's picture

ramli burger special with cheese at paramount pj, outside 7-eleven , is still one of the best value burgers around (rm3.20) Smile tambah mustard dan mayo...beesstttt

yuppp.. i had that just a few minutes before my turn in the kart during enduro... bbeeestt.


TheFazz's picture

saa73 wrote:
Look at me...lost weight, won the MyME Enduro....what more you want??
heh eheh

What? you were stuck behind a girl in a slower kart... If I recall correctly, you never managed to pass her in a superior kart. lol!