Starting with us and our race events

Starting with us and our race events

So easy! Just join our races. That's it.

To participate in any my-kart events, you need to create an ID on this website (click here) and then append your name onto the pre-registered participants list for the relevant upcoming event (click here) thread. We organise events for members and invited guests. Communication and member interaction is primarily at this website http://club.my-kart.org/ - so visit often.

* keep bringing guests to experience racing at its purest
** event race fees ranges from RM100 to RM250 as there are various categories and race formats
*** for first time registrations, please provide inform the moderator (necessary to eliminate spammers):

1. how you found about my-KART
  2. your background (location and occupation)
  3. your karting / racing experience

Reference materials are found on the my-KART information menu bar and About my-KART.

TheFazz Sat, 13 Jan 2007 - 10:54

Changes for 2011 agreed with CityKarting

Changes for 2011 agreed with CityKarting

Dear friends

The my-kart committee members (Edwyn, Mark, Naza, Mizi and Fazz) met with Citykarting Enterprises Sdn Bhd (Ah Piau) on the 19th December 2010 to discuss changes for 2011.

Citykarting had recently agreed to the changes on Sunday 26th December 2010.

The following were some points of discussion and agreements:

1. my-kart DRIVERS series 2011 - K1 category

1. CK will prepare 15 karts for the now combined K1 category (K2 is abolished). All drivers will get Rotax Junior 125cc on CRG rebels chassis with Maxxis tyres.
    2. CK will prepare additional karts if there is demand, but CK must be given at least ONE week's notice.
    3. The 15 karts would constitute 30 seats.
    4. The 15 karts would include spares - up to my-kart to determine how many spares are needed.
  2. my-kart DRIVERS series 2011 - K1 pricing

1. K1 entry is only applicable to paid my-kart club members
    2. We agreed that prices for the K1 series will remain as per current 2010 levels - which is RM230 per driver per event.
    3. However, CK is offering drivers to pay RM2,000 up front for 10 races in 2011 - which amounts to RM200 per driver per event.
    4. Transfer of the paid seats is up to my-kart and the participants involved.
    5. CK will further offer RM1,800 up front for 10 races for each driver if my-kart "purchases" all the 30 seats up front. This point is yet unclear upon subsequent reflection, as the 30 seats representing 15 karts includes spare karts. Ah Piau suggested that my-kart provide an offer on this for him to consider. The committee may need to evaluate how many seats will be "purchased" up front.
    6. Once the seats are purchased, my-kart can then "on sell" the seats to other participants at either the standard walk in rate of RM230 or RM2,000 for full year participants. But in this case, my-kart carries the risk of unsold seats.
  3. K3 DRIVERS series 2011 pricing

1. K3 pricing will remain at RM90 per driver (paid my-kart members only - non members remain at RM100 per driver) per event.
    2. However, CK is also offering a similar up front pricing arrangement for drivers who commit to 10 races in advance. Drivers will need to pay RM800 for the 10 race up front commitment.
  4. DRIVERS series venues

1. AP advised us that CK will likely be operating the Sepang Kart Circuit from 1 April 2011. SIC had agreed to this and CK had even paid the deposit, and ordered the additional 20 units 4-stroke rental karts for Sepang Kart Circuit.
    2. my-kart can propose to have some races run at Shah Alam and some at Sepang. Initial proposal is for 6 DRIVERS series races at Shah Alam and 4 DRIVERS series races at Sepang and 1 Grand Finale race in Sepang.
    3. To save transport costs, we agreed to have only ONE switch over from Shah Alam to Sepang after the 6th round. Hence, transportation is limited to RM300 one way from Shah Alam to Sepang and RM300 return after the final race of 2011.
    4. The transport costs will need to be incurred for the 15 K1 karts.
    5. For the K3 category, drivers will use the new 4-stroke karts in Sepang.
    6. If my-kart wishes to bring the 80cc karts to Sepang, this will incur additional transport costs (not quoted).
    7. If K3 is run on the 4-stroke karts, the pricing will remain the same as the 80cc 2-stroke karts.
  5. LANGKAWI once off race

1. CK has a strong desire to run my-kart events at Langkawi.
    2. Dates have yet to be determined.
    3. my-kart will propose date and further details.
  6. Free days for kids on weekdays during school holidays

1. AP offered my-kart to scheduled certain days exclusively for school children during school holidays (but only on weekdays and not on public holidays).
    2. CK will not charge for the event if my-kart can organise for a large group of school children.
    3. my-kart will consider the offer, and propose.
TheFazz Tue, 28 Dec 2010 - 17:03

Just a thought,......the odds to get drivers to sign up for all 10 rounds is presumably better if the total points accumulated from all 10 rounds do count as oppose to the current best 8 rounds system.

Statistics showed that the number of regular drivers in K1 and K2 starting grid was almost full in the first 3 rounds and start to decrease a little in the next 3 rounds. The pattern of who will probably be podium finishers will start to get clear at about rd 7 or 8 and that's probably why rd 8 , 9 and 10 has very poor attendance.

amad_1011

Tue, 28 Dec 2010 - 21:10

Tabulating the subcription of full season package

[table #|Name|Status
1. |Ahmad Firdaus Mohamad Esman|confirmed to sign up
2. ||
3. ||
4. ||
5. ||
6. ||
7. ||
8. ||
9. ||
10. ||]

[quote=naza]Just a thought,......the odds to get drivers to sign up for all 10 rounds is presumably better if the total points accumulated from all 10 rounds do count as oppose to the current best 8 rounds system.

Statistics showed that the number of regular drivers in K1 and K2 starting grid was almost full in the first 3 rounds and start to decrease a little in the next 3 rounds. The pattern of who will probably be podium finishers will start to get clear at about rd 7 or 8 and that's probably why rd 8 , 9 and 10 has very poor attendance.[/quote]

which is why i had amended the rules for 2011 to count all 10 rounds. no more dropping points.

K1 rules - http://club.my-kart.org/node/3650

K3 rules - http://club.my-kart.org/node/3652

all my-karters - please also help me improve the rules as this is a collaborative effort.

[table #|Name|Status
2. |Fazz Rahman|confirmed full K1 season
3. ||
4. ||
5. ||
6. ||
7. ||
8. ||
9. ||
10. ||]

[table #|Name|Status
3. |Rizal Khalid|confirmed full K1 season
4. ||
5. ||
6. ||
7. ||
8. ||
9. ||
10. ||]

Although, i suggest to drop one bad round to accommodate for murphy's law :p

[table #|Name|Status
4. |Jac Soo|hope can get buyer when busy
5. ||
6. ||
7. ||
8. ||
9. ||
10. ||]

[table #|Name|Status
4. |Jac Soo|hope can get buyer when busy
5. |Muhammad Afif|confirmed full K1 season
6. ||
7. ||
8. ||
9. ||
10. ||][/quote]

Scrapping of K2 would have a negative impact, IMHO.

I note, they will use Maxxis tyres for K1 which will have more grip and hence higher top speeds. Speed and inexperience are not often a good mix, as most would agree.

I rather we go K3 with soft compound and tuned exhaust than trying to force the K3 newbies up to speed of the new K1. The jump from K3 to K1 is simply to vast for some. ( despite your procedure for upgrading.....with probabtionary 3 races )

Anyhow, I am sure the commitee has given some tot to this and hence decided. I hope you all have safe racing nevertheless.

[quote=NiZeR]waiting for sponsor for Full F1 season..errr K1 season[/quote]
I'm waiting too ;) If can, then I'll make the trips back ;)

Finalisation of my-kart event calendars

Finalisation of my-kart event calendars

for those people who have been asking me to change the dates for round 06/2009: all i have to say is, i'm sorry i will not change the dates on account of requests from a few. the calendar had been fixed since the beginning of the year, and it is intended that the calendar remains for better planning in the greater scheme of things. it is naturally possible that some of us will miss the odd race or two... which is why we only count the best 8 scores out of 10 rounds.

having a firm calendar is important as we speak to outsiders / external parties and talk about what my-kart is about. having firm calendars as opposed to tentative or changing ones gives us more credibility as a race series promoter, and not just another social event organiser.

so let's put this issue to rest and let the event run its course.

for the 2010 calendar, lets get forward views of all important dates in 2010 early so we can plan the calendar accordingly. as i have indicated before, in the open-source spirit of my-kart, let's work together to review the future calendars before we finalise in january of that year.

TheFazz Sun, 10 May 2009 - 08:24

Guys ,

Iam not saying this because iam racing in the 1000km race. Till today iam still 50/50 in joining the 1k race .

But even if i do or dont , i think we should move the dates ( if posssible ) because there are more my-karters doing their part to promote my-kart to national level races by getting themselves involved in either racing or pit crew . Thus it will also enable my-karters to head down to sepang to support or probaly to help out as crew and do some networking so that they can get themselves involved as drivers in the following year.

Even if iam not racing in the 1k race , i do hope we can change the dates to support those who are racing or helping out on that day .

thanks

[quote=edwynlow]Mark,

Do you have a bicycle that I can borrow to cycle around the Sepang Track to take your handsome pictures?[/quote]

Since you said 'handsome' I'll see what I can do... I don't have a bicycle, but I'll see if I can borrow one from somewhere

[quote=des_k]Guys ,

Iam not saying this because iam racing in the 1000km race. Till today iam still 50/50 in joining the 1k race .

But even if i do or dont , i think we should move the dates ( if posssible ) because there are more my-karters doing their part to promote my-kart to national level races by getting themselves involved in either racing or pit crew . Thus it will also enable my-karters to head down to sepang to support or probaly to help out as crew and do some networking so that they can get themselves involved as drivers in the following year.

Even if iam not racing in the 1k race , i do hope we can change the dates to support those who are racing or helping out on that day .

thanks[/quote]

des,

*my response below was cut & paste from an email appeal - but the issue remains the same. i guess i have to expect more appeals...*

this is not an easy decision for me. we had a few changes earlier in the year. it would have been easier had this change been included in that initial change. unfortunately, it wasn't until later.

whilst i am pleased that many K1 and K2 drivers are moving into circuit and more serious (ie $$$) racing, i believe we need be firm in relation to my-kart's racing calendar. we did make an exception for MME2008. but i would like to keep it at that: as an exception.

moving forward, there will be new racing series such as CK's 125 open alongside the RMC and other series going on. naturally, i'd also be very pleased if my-karters move on the 125 open and RMC and do well. however, i'd be doing my-kart an injustice of having to shift my-kart's calendar to avoid clashing with these other events. and you can bet that there will be events that clash with my-kart's calendar.

so where does it stop?

as i said: this is not an easy decision for me. but i do not want my-kart's calendar to be a secondary calendar that can be more "flexible" (in favour of senior karters) than the others. it will risk alienating the new faces that we aim to attract.

sorry bro.

i will have to stick with this call.

perhaps when we finalise the 2010 my-kart calendar later this year, i can get more inputs on possible dates for key racing events in 2010.

fazz

[quote=TheFazz].
for the 2010 calendar, lets get forward views of all important dates in 2010 early so we can plan the calendar accordingly. as i have indicated before, in the open-source spirit of my-kart, let's work together to review the future calendars before we finalise in january of that year.[/quote]

Malaysian public holidays in 2010

http://go2travelmalaysia.com/tour_malaysia/holidays.htm

[quote=Nohad][quote=TheFazz].
for the 2010 calendar, lets get forward views of all important dates in 2010 early so we can plan the calendar accordingly. as i have indicated before, in the open-source spirit of my-kart, let's work together to review the future calendars before we finalise in january of that year.[/quote]

Malaysian public holidays in 2010

http://go2travelmalaysia.com/tour_malaysia/holidays.htm[/qu…]

patrick - thanks for the help as ever.

this will be helpful in preparing the 2010 my-kart calendar. additionally, we would want to identify:

1/ school holidays
2/ Malaysian Grand prix, sepang
3/ A1GP - sepang
4/ motoGP - sepang
5/ MME2010
6/ any local karting dates available
7/ any others?

[quote=timmsm][quote=edwynlow]Mark,

Do you have a bicycle that I can borrow to cycle around the Sepang Track to take your handsome pictures?[/quote]

Since you said 'handsome' I'll see what I can do... I don't have a bicycle, but I'll see if I can borrow one from somewhere[/quote]

Good. Thanks.

[quote=TheFazz]
this will be helpful in preparing the 2010 my-kart calendar. additionally, we would want to identify:

1/ school holidays
2/ Malaysian Grand prix, sepang
3/ A1GP - sepang
4/ motoGP - sepang
5/ MME2010
6/ any local karting dates available
7/ any others?[/quote]

This is a tough one, normally the dates are not announced till quite late in the year.But we should be getting some info trickling in starting by August as usual.

[quote=timmsm][quote=edwynlow]Mark,

Since you said 'handsome' I'll see what I can do... I don't have a bicycle, but I'll see if I can borrow one from somewhere[/quote]

mark,

r u racing in t 1000km raCE..?

[quote=NiZeR][quote=timmsm][quote=edwynlow]Mark,

mark,

r u racing in t 1000km raCE..?[/quote]

Yup... rookie debut :P

Fazz - good call, you have my support.

In the spirit of open source, we should all try to get all the dates of external events to the committee. And to be fair, we should have a "cut off date" by when the calendar should be fixed for the next year.

I suppose, it will need to be fixed by sometime in Nov/Dec 2009 for the 2010 season - perhaps by 30-Nov 2009, by which time everybody should have given input, and we agree on the dates, and have the season dates announced by the time we have the my-Kart year end grand final that's typically held in early Dec before the Christmas holidays.

So, I propose a clear cut off date for fixing the following year's calendar, and each and every member has a chance to input dates (events, school hols, cuti, etc) to the committee before that....but after it's fixed...you live with it....agreed?

Preliminary dates for 2010

Not taking school holidays, F1, national karting events, MSS, MRC, Japan GT, Sepang 1000, MME, MotoGP & AIGP into account.
To be fine tuned later.

2 or 9 Jan 10 -------> 1 Jan 10 = New Year's day
6 Feb 10 ----------> 14 & 15 Feb = CNY
6 Mar 10
3 Apr 10 ----------> possibility of F1 falling on this weekend
8 May 10 ----------> 1 May = Labour day
5 or 12 June 10 -------> 5 June = Agung's b'day
3 Jul 10
7 Aug 10 --------> 11 Aug = Start of puasa
2 Oct 10
6 or 13 Nov -------> 5 Nov = Deepavali

4, 11 or 18 Dec 10 (Grand Finale) ------> 11 Dec = Sultan S'gor b'day

[quote=Nohad]Preliminary dates for 2010

Not taking school holidays, F1, national karting events, MSS, MRC, Japan GT, Sepang 1000, MME, MotoGP & AIGP into account.
To be fine tuned later.[/quote]

thanks patrick. will work with these dates first.

Dear COmmittee,

Just read your postings and proposed dates for 2010. Well done and good planning to all you committee members... however, can we also take into account MME and S1k dates too?

Dear COmmittee,

If i may add my 2 cents worth into this...

I too am inthe same position as Desmond and am sure a few others in my kart who race at national level races in especially S1k and MME... However, i do respect points made my Fazz in that we cannot have the my kart calender be treated as secondary.

Now...in my kind and respectful appeal to the committee, the whole idea of mykart was to develop and support members "graduating" to a higher level or racing.. isn't this is what my kart and the essence of it was all about? The very few who do have the opportunity to race at S1k and MME are generally those who take races in mykart very seriously and moreso, been very supportive of the growth and development of my-kart. I'm sure the committee will agree that what mykart has grown to me today can be directly attributed to the support of these "few" drivers.

Pls remember, and do stand to be corrected, that mykart is not only providing opportunities for young and aspiring drivers to learn in karting, but also graduating to what is natrually the "next step" in motorsports.

Now, i'm trying to come into this with as much "logic" as possible and may i suggest, as a compromise, flexibility in the "days" chosen. For example, having it on a sunday as opposed to a saturday. Does it really have to be at the first week of each month? At least for dates that clash with other national races.

Ultimately guys, my kart and those whom are involved should be proud at what is happenning. That is, the natural progression of drivers into national races is taking place. This is the result of the "vision" of Mykart. Lets support that.

[quote=Ashraff]Dear COmmittee,

If i may add my 2 cents worth into this...

I too am inthe same position as Desmond and am sure a few others in my kart who race at national level races in especially S1k and MME... However, i do respect points made my Fazz in that we cannot have the my kart calender be treated as secondary.

Now...in my kind and respectful appeal to the committee, the whole idea of mykart was to develop and support members "graduating" to a higher level or racing.. isn't this is what my kart and the essence of it was all about? The very few who do have the opportunity to race at S1k and MME are generally those who take races in mykart very seriously and moreso, been very supportive of the growth and development of my-kart. I'm sure the committee will agree that what mykart has grown to me today can be directly attributed to the support of these "few" drivers.

Pls remember, and do stand to be corrected, that mykart is not only providing opportunities for young and aspiring drivers to learn in karting, but also graduating to what is natrually the "next step" in motorsports.

Now, i'm trying to come into this with as much "logic" as possible and may i suggest, as a compromise, flexibility in the "days" chosen. For example, having it on a sunday as opposed to a saturday. Does it really have to be at the first week of each month? At least for dates that clash with other national races.

Ultimately guys, my kart and those whom are involved should be proud at what is happenning. That is, the natural progression of drivers into national races is taking place. This is the result of the "vision" of Mykart. Lets support that.[/quote]

ashraff

as you would notice on our posting for the 2010 calendar (http://club.my-kart.org/node/3521), i am seeking some dates for the MME and S1k. this post was in relation to the 2009 calendar when we had fixed the my-kart calendar and was subsequently advised of the S1k and MME dates.

my-kart definitely supports drivers who move on to other more competitive series. this is what we are all about. so for the 2010 calendar we are incorporating the MME and S1k schedules - except that neither of these dates have been fixed by SIC. :(

so one option as you will find suggested by nohad is to keep june & august 2010 flexible to allow for S1k and MME, respectively.

hope that helps clarify. any thoughts?

Restructuring all our karting series

Restructuring all our karting series

my-kart today is into its 10th year of organising amateur karting series for all enthusiasts like us.

the idea is to make racing affordable & accessible, fun & exciting, safe & professional and sustainable & relevent.

we are proud that the my-kart family has grown over the years, with many great people who above all are passionate about the sport and keen to help each other out.

in order to sustain this idea and philosophy for the next 10 years and more, we need to do a major rethink.

i would like to invite all of you to join us in rethinking the my-kart formula. we need a major refresh, new blood, new ideas and new people. the old folks like me - will need to step aside to give opportunities for others to take ownership of my-kart.

of late, we have seen more my-karters organising events using new and exciting formula - which has proven to be successful.

but we also need to ensure that the many new events do not clash or stretch the same enthusiasts.

we are currently exploring expanding the my-kart product range to focus specifically on the following categories:

1- CADET category
2- ENTRY LEVEL category
3- INTERMEDIATE category
4- ADVANCE category

our friends mike siva, baharin, iskandar and francis have recently introduced the Karting & Racing Development (KRD) series running on cadet karts, 80cc and 125cc (private and rental) karts (usually last Sunday of the month). facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/KRD/277090602349223

likewise, our friends syamsul razmin, zul atfi and hasmi izan are organising the Initial Karting Competizione (IKC) series running on 100cc yamahas at the Plus Speedway circuit (usually second Saturday of the month). facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Initial-Karting-Competizione/…

In a meeting on 3rd March 2012, the group agreed to combine (streamline) all the above categories into one event (or product) for each category. The effective date of this is to be decided further upon decision on:
1- combining the calendar of events
2- dealing with the points system of more than one series

Subsequent to the above meeting, further discussions were held on 11th March and 14th March. Unfortunately, it was not possible to combine all the events under KRD into the my-kart umbrella. Nevertheless, we will respect KRD's decision on this matter and we wish them all the best in their plans.

The my-kart team (inclusive IKC members Syamsul, Hasmi and Zul Atfi) will be working together to re-introduce the 125cc rentals, as well as expanding the 100cc rentals. So stay tuned.

As such, the revised series streamlining will be as follows:

[table category|old series|old series dates|new my-kart series|new series dates
CADET|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a
ENTRY LEVEL|DRIVERS series K3|first saturday|K80|first saturday (DRIVERS series calendar)
INTERMEDIATE|IKC 100cc Yamahas|second weekend|IKC100|second weekend (IKC calendar)
ADVANCE|DRIVERS series 2012 K1 (150cc*)|first saturday|K125 (rental)|first saturday (DRIVERS series calendar)]

*the 150cc 4-stroke machines will be re-positioned for the INTERMEDIATE series and help expand the options for the new my-kart IKC100 series.

naming of the series are still being refined. feel free to provide ideas.

feel free to discuss.

TheFazz Thu, 08 Mar 2012 - 19:29

the calendar of events are as follows - feel free to comment.

my-kart DRIVERS series calendar
(my-kart calendar guidelines on http://club.my-kart.org/node/3720 ):

Round 01, (CW) 7 Jan 2012 - 7:30am
Round 02, (CCW) 4 Feb 2012 - 7:30am
Round 03, (CW) 3 Mar 2012 - 7:30am
Round 04, (CCW) 7 Apr 2012 - 7:30am
Round 05, (CW) 5 May 2012 - 7:30am
Round 06, (CCW) 2 Jun 2012 - 7:30am
Round 07, (CW) 7 Jul 2012 - 7:30am
ramadhan & aidil fitri break: 21 Jul to 20 Aug 2012
Round 08, (CCW) 1 Sep 2012 - 7:30am
Round 09, (CW) 6 Oct 2012 - 7:30am
Round 10, (CCW) 3 Nov 2012 - 7:30am
Grand Finale, Saturday 8 Dec 2012 - 7:30am

IKC Intermediate series calendar

round 2, Mar: 10th @ SPC - night race Counter clockwise
round 3, Apr: 15th @ SPC - day race Counter clockwise
round 4, May: 12th @Sepang - day race Clockwise
round 5, Jun : 10th @ SPC - day race clockwise
round 6, Jul : Date & Venue TBC
round 7, Aug : Date & Venue TBC
round 8, Sept : Date & Venue TBC
round 9, Oct : Date & Venue TBC
round 10, Nov : Date & Venue TBC
round 11, Dec : Date & Venue TBC

KRD calendar - to be obtained...

This is a good news. however, i've just had 2 questions about this :

1. with the new 'KRD Cadets' and 'KRD 80' series are running alone on seperate event than usual on the same day as much faster series, will it generate enough attention is at is right now?

2. for the new 'KRD125 (rental)' series and with our K1 gone, i'm sure we will have more drivers going into this series. with their current rental drivers from KRD plus our K1 drivers, will we have enough rental karts for everybody?

i'm all for this. this new restructure programme looks more organized!

TheFazz

Thu, 08 Mar 2012 - 22:00

In reply to by camel90

[quote=camel90]This is a good news. however, i've just had 2 questions about this :

1. with the new 'KRD Cadets' and 'KRD 80' series are running alone on seperate event than usual on the same day as much faster series, will it generate enough attention is at is right now?[/quote]

good point. i don't think so, as many current K3 drivers come only for the 80cc karts. but, they may miss out on the spectacle of the faster karts.

the next question is whether they would have less motivation to move to faster karts?

[quote=camel90]2. for the new 'KRD125 (rental)' series and with our K1 gone, i'm sure we will have more drivers going into this series. with their current rental drivers from KRD plus our K1 drivers, will we have enough rental karts for everybody?

i'm all for this. this new restructure programme looks more organized![/quote]

should think so. based on the chats we've had with citykarting and the current K1 numbers - the karts should be enough.

[quote=TheFazz][quote=camel90]This is a good news. however, i've just had 2 questions about this :

1. with the new 'KRD Cadets' and 'KRD 80' series are running alone on seperate event than usual on the same day as much faster series, will it generate enough attention is at is right now?[/quote]

good point. i don't think so, as many current K3 drivers come only for the 80cc karts. but, they may miss out on the spectacle of the faster karts.

the next question is whether they would have less motivation to move to faster karts?[/quote]

just a thought,

if we combine the 'KRD Cadets' and 'KRD80' series with the Grand ADVANCE series of 125cc rental and privateers on to the same day. will it be too crowded and too messy in terms of management?

obviously we need a whole lot of committed volunteer team for this. hurmm.

[quote=TheFazz][quote=camel90]2. for the new 'KRD125 (rental)' series and with our K1 gone, i'm sure we will have more drivers going into this series. with their current rental drivers from KRD plus our K1 drivers, will we have enough rental karts for everybody?

i'm all for this. this new restructure programme looks more organized![/quote]

should think so. based on the chats we've had with citykarting and the current K1 numbers - the karts should be enough.[/quote]

if that's the case, you should start the registration for the next round sir! i don't want to miss the chance of getting a race seat! hahahah! :D

so the plan is to merge everything into 4 classes of race, ie cadet, entry, intermediate and advance?

is it possible to squeeze all into one same day every month? maybe more efficient like the next category immediately start after the previous category ended. It'll definitely need more volunteer to help out tho.

camel90

Thu, 08 Mar 2012 - 22:33

In reply to by liang

[quote=liang]so the plan is to merge everything into 4 classes of race, ie cadet, entry, intermediate and advance?

is it possible to squeeze all into one same day every month? maybe more efficient like the next category immediately start after the previous category ended. It'll definitely need more volunteer to help out tho.[/quote]

EVERYTHING? i think it will be too much to handle bro. maybe 2 series in 1 day is possible. we depend on volunteers which happen to be the drivers too :(

TheFazz

Thu, 08 Mar 2012 - 22:47

In reply to by camel90

[quote=camel90]
if that's the case, you should start the registration for the next round sir! i don't want to miss the chance of getting a race seat! hahahah! :D[/quote]

we're having a meeting this sunday 11 Mar at 10am at Burger King Shah Alam to decide on this. (you're welcome to join in).

once agreed, i will open up the event registration. ;)

TheFazz

Thu, 08 Mar 2012 - 22:49

In reply to by camel90

[quote=camel90]
just a thought,

if we combine the 'KRD Cadets' and 'KRD80' series with the Grand ADVANCE series of 125cc rental and privateers on to the same day. will it be too crowded and too messy in terms of management?

obviously we need a whole lot of committed volunteer team for this. hurmm. [/quote]

yes, it could potentially be very crowded, messy and over long.

it could only work if we have lots of volunteers running each category. but then sometimes there are technical issues which delay races - so not good to keep participants waiting too long and way past lunch time.

[quote=camel90][quote=liang]so the plan is to merge everything into 4 classes of race, ie cadet, entry, intermediate and advance?

is it possible to squeeze all into one same day every month? maybe more efficient like the next category immediately start after the previous category ended. It'll definitely need more volunteer to help out tho.[/quote]

EVERYTHING? i think it will be too much to handle bro. maybe 2 series in 1 day is possible. we depend on volunteers which happen to be the drivers too :([/quote]

agreed - it will be too much to cram all categories into one day. we try to do it in manageable numbers first.

[quote=TheFazz]
we're having a meeting this sunday 11 Mar at 10am at Burger King Shah Alam to decide on this. (you're welcome to join in).[/quote]

The one at Extreme Park is it? I'll be there then if i don't have anyting comes up. :).

[quote=camel90][quote=TheFazz]
we're having a meeting this sunday 11 Mar at 10am at Burger King Shah Alam to decide on this. (you're welcome to join in).[/quote]

The one at Extreme Park is it? I'll be there then if i don't have anyting comes up. :).[/quote]

yes, that is the one. easy to find.

[quote=liang]so how about 2 days, 2 categories for each days.[/quote]

could be overkill for some.

but i guess, your point is to create that carnival, big-event atmosphere right? it just boils down to manpower (volunteers). if we can get more of that, then ok. at the moment it is a little difficult - without having to employ people.

[quote=TheFazz][quote=liang]so how about 2 days, 2 categories for each days.[/quote]

could be overkill for some.

but i guess, your point is to create that carnival, big-event atmosphere right? it just boils down to manpower (volunteers). if we can get more of that, then ok. at the moment it is a little difficult - without having to employ people.[/quote]

If you need any assistance, just hit me up, I'm more then happy to help.

[quote=lovef1]If you need any assistance, just hit me up, I'm more then happy to help.[/quote]

thanks for the offer. we'll do that in the next round.

dear fellow my-karters,

we had a meeting today to discuss the above matter. at the moment, there are a few things that needs to be ironed out... so hope that you can bear with us for a little more.

cheers
fazz

juz curious why CK offer good package to other Series(Kxx) than my-kart series...something not right wth CK or...? thats ONE of the many reason why my-kart series r less karters,they should take care my-kart more than others after 10 yrs grow wth CK...aaayaa!!

[quote=NiZeR]juz curious why CK offer good package to other Series(Kxx) than my-kart series...something not right wth CK or...? thats ONE of the many reason why my-kart series r less karters,they should take care my-kart more than others after 10 yrs grow wth CK...aaayaa!![/quote]

10 years? I should have joined my-kart 10 years ago...

My-Kart has always had the vision of diversity; having races organize throughout Malaysia states or perhaps overseas. The original idea setting up MY-KART was to have MY-KART Selangor, MY-KART Johore, MY-KART Kedah or MY-KART Singapore (SING-KART, THAI-KART ?), etc, perhaps it will bring to Sepang International Circuit for international events.

Aligning to this direction, other operators and karting groups affiliation are very much filling up the puzzles. What importance is MY-KART as a brand or group that cohering these karting groups and operators in consequence of much more affordable diversities.

Emerging karting operators (businesses contention) inherit better packages offering that would likely seeing as healthy sign for the motorsports industry. After all it benefiting us as consumers to have better affordable solutions to cure our adrenaline issue, do you agree? Haha.

Just chipping in my 2 sens worth.

[quote=NiZeR]juz curious why CK offer good package to other Series(Kxx) than my-kart series...something not right wth CK or...? thats ONE of the many reason why my-kart series r less karters,they should take care my-kart more than others after 10 yrs grow wth CK...aaayaa!![/quote]

Luen - yes, my-kart has always been about diversity. we cannot afford to be very narrow in the way we do things as this will result in many parties being excluded. the karting community is too small to be excluding parties... and thus we need to combine forces.

the biggest problem for motorsport in malaysia is that the market is small. to make matters worse, it is fragmented in many different groups. my-kart is intended to serve the grassroots enthusiasts whoever they are. that is why we as enthusiasts must combine forces.

by combining forces, and building synergy - only then we can make things more affordable or raise the quality for everyone.

we need to refresh things moving forward. the old formula has to go.

Round 4, my kart drivers series ni cancel ke??? Or still on??

[quote=amad_1011]Round 4, my kart drivers series ni cancel ke??? Or still on??[/quote]

it's still on.

my-KART banking details

my-KART banking details

Any payment to my-kart for membership fees, damage deposits / top-ups / costs, event participation costs can be made to the as follows:

[table item|description
Bank|Maybank
Account|512-754-306-333
Name|mykart Promotions Sdn Bhd
Receipt|Email the scanned bank in slip to: Yusnee (yusnee@gmail.com) or Naza (naza2851@yahoo.com) or Fazz (fazz27@gmail.com) or Shahrul Azlan (shahrulazlan@gmail.com)
Others|it is best that the receipt is scanned and emailed immediately as above. preference is for scanned receipt.]

TheFazz Mon, 02 Jan 2012 - 10:46

DISCUSSION DRAFT: membership benefits

DISCUSSION DRAFT: membership benefits

please feel free to comment my suggestions. Please pardon my "not proper" business english as I have never written a business proposal before, all my techincal proposal only at point forms :D

1. Racing events

1a. K1 - The K1 class will be one of the final stepping stones to a racing career / more serious karting. Initially, we do not expect many participants in K1, but it is still a go status. This class will entail further guidance and allow drivers to move up the ladder in their racing hobby (or career).

The K1 class can be run together with the K2 class if participation falls below 5. This is possible as K2 drivers are somewhat experience and ethical drivers. It is likely to have the JGTC format to allow K1 start ahead followed by K2 karts at the back.

There are currently many owner-karters at CityKarting who do not have an reasonably affordable platform to race their karts -practically running aimlessly- and eventually drop out themselves. The K1 class can be targeted to this group and promote my-kart to even wider coverage.

This class shall start with kart owners. Moving forward, my-KART will be exploring some form of easy ownership scheme, to increase interest particularly from the K2 and K3 drivers. This task is assigned to my-KART Promotion. See below for more on easy ownership.

The K1 series may not run over 10 events -unlike the K2 and K3 series- in order to be easy on the pocket of the K1 drivers.

1b. K2 â€" maintain as current, and promote K2 new blood promoting capable K3 drivers
1c. K3 â€" Beginners and also promotion of capable K4 drivers
1d. K4 â€" NEW. definition needed for K4

If more of the classes created, longer time needed for a day event that should be necessary. Extra activities at lunch time can be organized (subject to discuss)

1e. Endurance - night endurance will be a good and relatively new event to start off. Many of the night karters may not know there is existence of my-kart, it will be a good area of to explore. Suggestion that out of the 6 MEs planned, 1 or 2 should go night endurance.

2. Workshops and Clinics

2a. K1 especially, many of karters looking forward to tune to their personal preference, this is where the area we should look into. Workshop or clinic basically is owner karters gather to have sessions sharing tuning information, just extra activities other the normal Kx 10 races series. Should there is easy ownership scheme offered by M-kart promotion, this workshop/clinic session will be a good bundle and more persuasive activity.

2b. K3 workshop, a separate session conducted by “senior” karters, a simple lesson of track driving with additional time tracking progress (on the same kart). This will be more to personal attention session to beginners. The session can be aided by the 2 seater kart (yellow tanker) at the practical session. Of course kart renting shall be born by trainnees themselves. This is where the special discount rate offer to members from CK comes about in handy. 2 ways beneficial that my-kart trains beginners and also trainers.

2c. Clinic mainly aims for fine tuning, that it has be conducted by experienced karting racer either from inside my-kart (licensed racers, so far can think of 2 they are Jules and Tarmizi), if necessary, hire or honorary invitation.

2d. K4 workshop, similar to K3 workshop.
This aims family gathering. Young driver accompany by parents that helps to promote my-kart for any forth coming events and updates. Is also brings to opportunity to train up new trainer from K3 to be prepared to promote to K2 or K1.

These workshops and clinical session are going to worth the membership drive even so members are not participating any single series at all. Workshop and clinical series work conjunction with special discount rate from CK. Additional benefits to members if we have special deal with other track operators like speedway, sepang and etc. honestly I am more looking forward to langkawi track.

3. Activities and outings

Family outings like convoy to Cameron trip, PD over night stays and etc. With conjunction of these, we could have piggy-back media for the promotion, such as magazine and etc. (leaving this portion to commercial and marketing). MY-KART is registered club, it can seek for relevant authorities to assist convoy ie PDRM.

4. Affiliation

AAM affiliation is a MUST; we can see that is the ultimate request from “potential” members (including myself). Members will gain grand and formal race experience if should my-kart impose rigid regulations towards major events in conjunction with racing governing body such as AAM and or etc. Addtional my-kart will also helps members in acquisition of racing licenses such as MME and sanctioned karting events.

5. Sponsorship

Looking at the direction of car related sponsorship pertaining to my-kart is motorsports orientated. We may not necessary looking for funding. At any major event will be looking forward to variety of sponsorships, banners and or trophies. Hence this will put up good portfolio of MY-KART. These portfolios will benefit to My-kart promotion of invitation to more serious sponsorships.

We can create a link or badge of sponsorship at the main page of forum or even printing new sponsorship on latest updated version of T-shirt, cap and etc. I believe that stimulate at merchandising area a fair bit. 

6. Easy ownership scheme for K1

In reference to the K1 series mentioned above. my-KART will be exploring forms of easy ownership schemes to encourage K2 drivers to take the next step up the karting ladder. One approach is through raising sponsorship which will be done by my-KART Promotion.

The rough idea is to get investors for the 125 karts (can be used karts). The aim is to run K1 series at a reasonable price point and with sufficient commitment and fair returns to all parties: (i) the driver, (ii) my-KART Promotion and (iii) the investor / funder.

The role of my-KART Promotion Sdn Bhd (as distinct from Kelab my-KART Selangor) will be to engage in the commercial activities towards expanding the my-KART vision and mission. The company will be the owner of the my-KART brand and responsible to commercialize it. The company will use the club as an advertising / brand building platform and raise other funders & sponsors. These funds could be channeled towards the easy ownership scheme.

7. Merchandise

As the ultimate objective of my-kart will be event driven club, merchandizing keep to lower priority, however, the standards goodies have to be there like T-shirts, badges, cap or hat, stickers and etc.

luen Wed, 24 Jan 2007 - 00:14

Wondering if we can have a group membership for other car club when they just enjoy the benefit of special rate offered and ICS only. Can classified this class as group honourary ?

----------------------------------
neat, balance and practical

Folks,
Met AP while doing some night fun karting last Saturday out of curiosity. It felt grippier but would have been better if the lighting was brighter at all cornors. Also, better lighting at the cornors would help to spot stalled karts to avoid them..... almost ran into a friend....that was close! (now thinking to withdraw from next night enduro).

AP revised discounted kart rental rates for mykarters (upon sighting mykart ID ) for the 80 cc but no change for the cadet and accompanying kart as follows; however must check with Luen on how best to tie AP to these discounted rates:

Cadet kart : RM 10.00
Accompanying 80 cc kart : RM 20.00

80 cc kart : 5 sessions voucher @ RM 125.00 (It was RM 100.00 but said he didnt recall!)
....I immediately bought one, just to be sure..hehehe.

100 cc kart : 5 sessions for RM 250.00

AP wants to see the ID samples soon.

hey Naza, thanks for the infor.

1.The 80cc discount card that i had last time was 150 for 5 rounds, collect 3 get one round free 80cc;

2. 100cc discount card, RM250 for 5 rounds collect 3 get one round free 100cc

If technical and safety review that night karting is not safe to go, I think we shall put at halt.

Kadet with accompanying 80cc best apply for K4 workshop and family outing anytime

[quote=luen]hey Naza, thanks for the infor.

1.The 80cc discount card that i had last time was 150 for 5 rounds, collect 3 get one round free 80cc;

2. 100cc discount card, RM250 for 5 rounds collect 3 get one round free 100cc

If technical and safety review that night karting is not safe to go, I think we shall put at halt.

Kadet with accompanying 80cc best apply for K4 workshop and family outing anytime

neat, balance and practical[/quote]
Right Luen, but my-kart need to put this discounted rental rates on paper so that AP wont change his mind too easily.

[quote=naza]Right Luen, but my-kart need to put this discounted rental rates on paper so that AP wont change his mind too easily.[/quote]

yes agreed. let's get a first cut agreement done up for discussion. or at the very least a quick email / letter / fax to confirm the rates. then we can do a formal agreement.

------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thefazz.com/me

[quote=luen]Ok, i will draft an email to City Karting AP for the agreement. By the way , what is AP's name?

Ng Kim Kee....if not mistaken

Please agree before i send out, thanks

Dear Mr. NG Kim Kee,

Thank you for the support to Kelab MY-KART Selangor. Over the meeting of yourself and Kelab My-Kart Selangor’s secretary Mr. Nazaruddin, we were acknowledged that City Karting offering special discount kart-rental rate to Kelab My-Kart Selangor members as follow categories;

1. RM125 (voucher) for 5 sessions of 80cc 2 stroke of 10 minutes per session;
2. RM250 (voucher) for 5 sessions of 100cc 2 stroke of 10 minutes per session;
3. RM10 for cadet and accompany 80cc for RM20 (no voucher needed) per session of 10 minutes at any family outing activities at City Karting;

With condition to entitle special rate that,

1. Only valid member of Kelab MY-KART Selangor;
2. All members must present Kelab MY-KART Selangor ID at new purchase of voucher;
3. Special discount rate in category 3, parents or guardian must be a valid member of Kelab My-Kart Selangor;
4. Cadet class driver must be for age 12 or below;
5. Special rate subject to both parties agreement should there is a review needed.

Kelab MY_KART Selangor moving forward popularizing grassroots motor-sports, we are looking forward of a longer term partnering with City Karting. Thank you.

Faithfully yours,

GNOW Chui Luen
REP of member-benefits of Kelab MY-KART Selangor

[quote=luen]Please agree before i send out, thanks
[/quote]

a bit formal... but ok i guess. this is just an email to acknowledge the discussion held on the topic of kart rental fees. a more formal agreement / MOU will come later. so i would go with :

Dear Mr. NG Kim Kee,

I refer to the discussion between yourself and the secretary of Kelab my-KART Selangor -Nazaruddin on {date}. I would like to record the following agreement on kart rental fees for my-KART members:

1. RM125 (voucher) for 5 sessions of 80cc 2 stroke of 10 minutes per session;
2. RM250 (voucher) for 5 sessions of 100cc 2 stroke of 10 minutes per session;
3. RM10 for cadet and accompany 80cc for RM20 (no voucher needed) per session of 10 minutes at any family outing activities at City Karting;

With condition to entitle special rate:
1. Only valid member of Kelab my-KART Selangor;
2. All members must present Kelab my-KART Selangor ID at new purchase of voucher;
3. For special discount rate in item 3 above, parents or guardian must be a valid member of Kelab my-KART Selangor;
4. Cadet class driver must be age 12 or below;
5. Any review of the special rate subject to both parties agreement.

This arrangement will greatly help both Kelab my-KART Selangor and Citykarting develop and popularise grassroots motor-sports. We look forward to a longer term relationship with CityKarting. Thank you.

Faithfully yours,

GNOW Chui Luen
REP of member-benefits of Kelab my-KART Selangor

folks

pls add your comments / refinements to this document which luen has so kindly posted.

jules - need your views as well from technical & safety perspective.

[quote=luen]Wondering if we can have a group membership for other car club when they just enjoy the benefit of special rate offered and ICS only. Can classified this class as group honourary ?

any comment on this?

[quote=luen]Wondering if we can have a group membership for other car club when they just enjoy the benefit of special rate offered and ICS only. Can classified this class as group honourary ?[/quote]

i can consider. however, what implications of this on other members? i think they can be members but with limited benefits.

[quote=TheFazz][quote=luen]Wondering if we can have a group membership for other car club when they just enjoy the benefit of special rate offered and ICS only. Can classified this class as group honourary ?[/quote]

i can consider. however, what implications of this on other members? i think they can be members but with limited benefits.

http://www.thefazz.com/me[/quote]
By definition, an honourary member will enjoy the same benefits except that they are not eligible to vote nor be voted. However, the intention of having honourary members is to primarily gain leverage in pursuing its objectives. If its solely for the purpose of enjoying the club's special rates, than maybe we could look at the possibility of treating them as guests for one off events or any special events.

[quote=naza]By definition, an honourary member will enjoy the same benefits except that they are not eligible to vote nor be voted. However, the intention of having honourary members is to primarily gain leverage in pursuing its objectives. If its solely for the purpose of enjoying the club's special rates, than maybe we could look at the possibility of treating them as guests for one off events or any special events.[/quote]

yup. as mentioned, their benefits need to be limited. but then again, any other clubs can participate as a team in any of the my-kart events including the Mega Enduro, the IC3 and others. however if they wish to enjoy more benefits beyond this, then they should subscribe.

but perhaps luen, you can provide an example of how these clubs would like to enjoy my-kart benefits?

this type of membership like a group buy for a club. It can enjoy the special rate discount like the voucher mentioned above, they can buy one voucher at a time. Membership id is transferable within the club members (anyone can use). This membership entitles for mega endurance and IC3 with special rate (if any) but not on monthly championship series neither any other benefits. As the rules stand not eligible for vote and be voted. This type of membership is by invitation only to the club.

Objective is to introduce more karting events to other car clubs. I believe most of ppl out there they are more enjoying the special rates offered by CK.

[quote=luen]this type of membership like a group buy for a club. It can enjoy the special rate discount like the voucher mentioned above, they can buy one voucher at a time. Membership id is transferable within the club members (anyone can use). This membership entitles for mega endurance and IC3 with special rate (if any) but not on monthly championship series neither any other benefits. As the rules stand not eligible for vote and be voted. This type of membership is by invitation only to the club.

Objective is to introduce more karting events to other car clubs. I believe most of ppl out there they are more enjoying the special rates offered by CK.[/quote]

discounts for mega enduro and IC3 ok. but not the other member benefits. but in any case, our constitution is not structured that way. do we need to amend if we want to do this?

Sorry for silence and here are my views.

In regards to the original thread - I agree with all but need clarification on point 6 - 125kart private ownership scheme.

No issues on conducting driving clinics for me - just tell me when and let's see if my schedules allow it. I do prefer a complete track book out for this - safety reasons.

Nite Karting - yes, the really the safest thing to do cos if you use the public helmets, their visors are really bad and the vision thru it is very dicey.....I would not recommend using them if u r racing. If nite racing is to be ventured - enduro type races are all I will suggest as sprints format requires more desperate driving and hence higher accident possibilities.

Good idea on having a discount with CK and having a formal contract.

Club Aflliation should be allowed ie. HPC, 0-100 but core MyKart members should get most benefit from events or merchanise MyKart organises and sells.

hope I am clear but comments welcomed.

[quote=TheFazz][quote=luen]this type of membership like a group buy for a club. It can enjoy the special rate discount like the voucher mentioned above, they can buy one voucher at a time. Membership id is transferable within the club members (anyone can use). This membership entitles for mega endurance and IC3 with special rate (if any) but not on monthly championship series neither any other benefits. As the rules stand not eligible for vote and be voted. This type of membership is by invitation only to the club.

Objective is to introduce more karting events to other car clubs. I believe most of ppl out there they are more enjoying the special rates offered by CK.[/quote]

discounts for mega enduro and IC3 ok. but not the other member benefits. but in any case, our constitution is not structured that way. do we need to amend if we want to do this?[/quote]
We need to amend the constitution only if we are creating another type of membership for car clubs members. Allowing discounts for specific events is an operational matter and does not constitute a change to any provisions of the constitution, in my view.

[quote=luen]
Hi Naza, does involve propose and approve at AGM? Is this complicated?

No need to raise this in the AGM because this matter does not contradict the constitution and objectives.

[quote=naza]No need to raise this in the AGM because this matter does not contradict the constitution and objectives.[/quote]

let's have a draft club membership (affiliation) proposal. i am agreeable to extend the reach of my-kart programmes. this is in line with the brand & club's aims.

Luen,
Met AP at about 6 pm and discussed about mykart's intention to run the k1 125 cc category. The following summarises the discussions:

Private kart - RM 100.00
This covers fuel, track and mechanic support during the race. This is assuming the previous set of Apexi tyres used in December 2006 is being use again, otherwise buy yourself a new set.

CK's Rented Kart - RM 500.00
Same as before but the karts available can be Rotax, Parilla, etc mounted on various chassis make.

Please therefore send an email to AP before he changes his mind...hehehe!

naza, sorry for the late reply. I will draft another email to CK

Fazz, I will make a draft of club affiliation membership post up here later

please comment before sending out....

Dear Mr. NG Kim Kee,

Thank you for the support to Kelab MY-KART Selangor. Over the meeting of yourself and Kelab My-Kart Selangor’s secretary Mr. Nazaruddin, we were acknowledged that City Karting offering special discount kart-rental rate to Kelab My-Kart Selangor members as follow categories;

1. RM100 for MY-KART Selangor monthly championship series. Package included petrol supply, mechanic of City Karting assistance and track fees;
2. RM500 for 125cc Kart rental of one event. Package included petrol supply, mechanic of City Karting assistance and track fees. Type of karts subjected to availability of City Karting, there shall be no constrain on engine make and chassis.

2. Special discount rate only for Kelab MY-KART Selangor monthly championship series.

Kelab MY_KART Selangor moving forward popularizing grassroots motor-sports, we are looking forward of a longer term partnering with City Karting. Thank you.

Faithfully yours,

GNOW Chui Luen

Luen, just a little bit of amendment on 1) and 2) :

Dear Mr. NG Kim Kee,

Thank you for the support to Kelab MY-KART Selangor. Over the meeting of yourself and Kelab My-Kart Selangor’s secretary Mr. Nazarudin, we were acknowledged that City Karting offering special discount kart-rental rate to Kelab My-Kart Selangor members as follow categories;

1. Private kart Owners: RM100 for MY-KART Selangor monthly championship K1 series. Package included petrol supply, mechanic of City Karting assistance and track fees;
2. City Karting 125cc Kart rental for one event : RM 500. Package included petrol supply, mechanic of City Karting assistance and track fees. Type of karts subjected to availability of City Karting, there shall be no constrain on engine make and chassis.

2. Special discount rate only for Kelab MY-KART Selangor monthly championship series.

Faithfully yours,

GNOW Chui Luen

[quote=naza]Luen, just a little bit of amendment on 1) and 2) :

Dear Mr. NG Kim Kee,

Thank you for the support to Kelab MY-KART Selangor. Over the meeting of yourself and Kelab My-Kart Selangor’s secretary Mr. Nazarudin, we were acknowledged that City Karting offering special discount kart-rental rate to Kelab My-Kart Selangor members as follow categories;

1. Private kart Owners: RM100 for MY-KART Selangor monthly championship K1 series. Package included petrol supply, mechanic of City Karting assistance and track fees;
2. City Karting 125cc Kart rental for one event : RM 500. Package included petrol supply, mechanic of City Karting assistance and track fees. Type of karts subjected to availability of City Karting, there shall be no constrain on engine make and chassis.

Faithfully yours,

GNOW Chui Luen

[/quote]

This is great guys. Sorry, did get to read this tread earlier. Luen, it looks ok to me. I believe all the contents are there and should be ok already.
--------------------------------
"Keep It Sweet & Simple"

Folks / Luen,
Some update from AP on k1 race:

1) There will be a RM 20.00 charge for each kart if the AMB timing system is use as was the case in the Dec 06 race. Otherwise, we will have to do manual lap charts...Which?

2) If the participant is NOT a registered mykart member, he/she will have to deal direct with AP to settle the petrol/track fee/pit crew support OR settle with mykart......which?

3) Ballasts will be provided to meet the 160 kg minimum weight rule.

4) Control tyres will be Apexi65 (the Dec 06 race tyres).

5) 125cc rental kart engines: Rotax / Parilla / ROK......subject to availbility. Confirmation only after CNY.

How do I register at my-KART.org?

How do I register at my-KART.org?

In my recent race invitation, I requested that responses be done online. The reason for this is simple:[list]
[*]reduce email traffic - don't want to be accused of spamming ;)
[*]easy place to see first come first serve[/list]

I will allow a transition so don't worry if you could not respond via the website... but please do let me know so that I can assist where I can.

Anyway - many of you will note that I had refreshed the website. This will include you having to re-register in order to post on the website. Registration is simple... just go to:

[url=http://club.my-kart.org/user/register]http://club.my-kart.o…]

Type in your userID and valid email - your password will be sent here.

Please give me some time to respond as your account will need to be activated (to avoid phantom members and spammers).

I would like to encourage more usage of the website as opposed to the emails. In time, I would like to use the YahooGroups mailing list for notifications only. All interaction, responses to events, reports will be on the website (http://www.my-kart.org/).

TheFazz Sat, 22 Jan 2005 - 13:34

Important my-KART locations on Wikimapia

Important my-KART locations on Wikimapia

folks, let's start building a list of all important my-KART related locations on wikimapia.

this thread shall include locations the we should know for -

i. racing
ii. shopping (auto-related or otherwise)
iii. F&B + hang outs
iv. meeting places
v. member homes

etc.

go to wikimapia and locate the relevant places and post to this thread.

TheFazz Mon, 07 May 2007 - 14:51

boss...what about your new favourite "Oldtown Kopitiam?"

By the way, AJK Makan and Brian Cyclonite had our first TT Session in London Chinatown last night!...heheh.... had to go to a Malaysian Cafe though....my-KART spreads its wings!...

Website matters

Website matters

This FAQ section concerns website FAQs. More details follows.

TheFazz Sat, 22 Jan 2005 - 13:29