Volunteers needed for TV Commercial - RM2000

Submitted by TheFazz on Tue, 08 May 2007 - 09:09

folks, a talent agency called me last night (7th May) asking me to recommend some good looking guys aged late 20s / early 30s, who know a bit of karting and can speak english, malay and (optional) mandarin. they are doing a casting call today (8th May) - i know last minute. so need you to respond quickly.

re-post of the email from Pink Tan (yes, that's her name):

We are from a tvc production company call BW films. We currently
looking for some Go-Cart driver to become talent in a pharmaceutical
product commercial. Below are the details. Suitable candidate are
welcome to come casting.

Talent Brief:
Go-Cart Driver (3-4 person)
Age around late 20s to early 30s
Mature looking (Alex Yong Type of Image)
Have Good Body Shape
Can Speak 3 languages ( Mandarin, Chinese, English)

Job : Panadol
Media : TV
Budget : Rm2000 per person
Shootdate: 19th-20th May
Time: Morning until Evening

Casting Date : 7th -13th May
Time : 11am-10 pm
Place : BW Films
19 Jalan PJU 3/49
Sunway Damansara Technology Park
47810 PJ

Please don't hesitate to contact me Pink 012-2863972 shall you have
any inquiries.
Looking forward to hear from you soon.

pls PM me your contact numbers so i can inform Pink.

the script:

ENGLISH

My friends are my cheerleaders lah!
Well, hopefully I’ll make them proud again today
Sure it’s fun, but to be a champ… got to practise and focus man!
Otherwise…
So come race day already nervous
Then the noise and the heat
How to race with a throbbing headache lah?
Thank goodness for Panadol Actifast
Panadol Actifast. It’s my choice!

MALAY

Kawan saya ni lah tukang sorak saya
Saya akan buat mereka bangga
Memang seronok… tapi nak jadi juara kena berlatih and tumpukan perhatian
Kalau tidak…
Pada hari perlumbaan, mula berabah
Panas terik!
Macam mana nak berlumba kalau sakit kepala?
Mujurlah ada Panadol Actifast
Panadol Actifast. Pilihan saya!

so hurry up. RM2000 is on offer!

Forum topics

mononoke hime

Tue, 08 May 2007 - 10:42

If you guys are selected for the tv ads, don't forget to wear your racing suit with a big MY-KART patch! ;)

***psst..2k is enough to buy a brand new cool suit or a nice stig helmet! ;)

[quote=mononoke hime] don't forget to wear your racing suit with a big MY-KART patch! ;)
[/quote]
:idea: and if you are from Team TeleVAS jgn lupa to add the TeleVAS logo too :O

BTW, Desmond, I heard there will be casting for "ubat sakit perut" soon, so if you miss this one hang in there man!
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
MIT

[quote=timmsm][quote=mononoke hime] don't forget to wear your racing suit with a big MY-KART patch! ;)
[/quote]
:idea: and if you are from Team TeleVAS jgn lupa to add the TeleVAS logo too :O

BTW, Desmond, I heard there will be casting for "ubat sakit perut" soon, so if you miss this one hang in there man!
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
MIT[/quote]
..no chance la bro....they want [b]good body shape[/b]!...Pah!

[quote=naza]..no chance la bro....they want [b]good body shape[/b]!...Pah![/quote]

Ya lah bro. :(

If they need [b]mature[/b] looking, [b]slightly out of shape[/b] :shy: , [b]boleh tengok lah[/b] old farts over 40 years old karters, they know where to look lah ;)

[quote=sabelt]Ahh this thing casting thingy is just behind my office. No chance for me then. Me no speak no chinese..If they one it so-called alex, might as well just take him lar..[/quote]

i hear that some of the my-kart girls are asking you to try for the role. go for it. just don't let your head get so big, or else you will not be able to put on your helmet. lol..

[quote=mononoke hime]refering to the casting requirement : why a go kart driver has to be a man? NOT a woman? hmmmmmmmmm... :? [/quote]
Perhaps because women are generally the cause of the headache... :P [eeeeks, i think i'm gonna need pain killers next time mononoke hime and gang see me]...
Whoever goes for the casting, please try and get some samples for me OK!!

[quote=timmsm][quote=mononoke hime]refering to the casting requirement : why a go kart driver has to be a man? NOT a woman? hmmmmmmmmm... :? [/quote]
Perhaps because women are generally the cause of the headache... :P [eeeeks, i think i'm gonna need pain killers next time mononoke hime and gang see me]...
Whoever goes for the casting, please try and get some samples for me OK!![/quote]

oh reallyyy.........??? ladies..you read tat?! :P the painkillers wont work after what we going to do with you! 8-) lol

so, any of you handsome dudes call Pink yet? She called me first on Mon afternoon but I couldn't do it becoz of my overseas trip, but passed this on to Fazz and the committee...heheh

hey - don't worry abt the Mandarin thing...as long as your face can sell ubat pening, they will dub your voice over with Mandarin... ;)

[quote=mononoke hime]oh reallyyy.........??? ladies..you read tat?! :P the painkillers wont work after what we going to do with you! 8-) lol[/quote]

:D errrrr, mmmmmmm, aaaahhhhh.... guess I'm gonna cop it now and having seen AnakAbah and Lynda in action I'm definately getting worried... :idea: perhaps now is a good time to retire from karting and seek refuge on top of a mountain somewhere

[quote=luen]hmmmm ....manderine speaking, mature looking, fit body shape....[/quote]

so why don't you give it a shot bro? :up:

[quote=saa73][quote=TheFazz]can try laa. with a bit of make up you can look mid 20s. lol.[/quote]...yaa..can look like Hugh Grant in "Music & Lyrics" hahah
[/quote]

yeah! azlan, was trying to google for the photo from the film but couldn't find it. i would suggest you guys watch the film and tell me if luen does not look like a young hugh grant! lol

[quote=lynda] btw red/lobster man retiring?b4 u leave ehemm can i have your helmet and hmm... kart? FOC :P [/quote]
Damn, you are not even going to try to talk me out of it! ;( Cannot part with the kart and helmet incase there is a track on the mountain top, but can give good tips on how to achieve the "lobster look" :shy:
BTW, r u serious your # is 666... Damien!

[quote=timmsm][quote=lynda] btw red/lobster man retiring?b4 u leave ehemm can i have your helmet and hmm... kart? FOC :P [/quote]
Damn, you are not even going to try to talk me out of it! ;( Cannot part with the kart and helmet incase there is a track on the mountain top, but can give good tips on how to achieve the "lobster look" :shy:
BTW, r u serious your # is 666... Damien![/quote]
...alamaaak! Jangan Pandang Belakang when she is tailing you lest you might end up pandang tayar.....lol :D

[quote=timmsm]BTW, r u serious your # is 666... Damien![/quote]

gives me the shivers there. must remind myself not to annoy lynda. or else, some space satellite would fall on my head.

:D :P hehe so hilarious one way to keep the guys running away from me .. "damilyn" (ehh damien twin sis ka??) is here to stay with my-kart group .. IM WATCHING YOU ..scary? maybe not ? :?