Rotax Max Challenge Malaysia Rd.4, August 11-12 Sepang

Submitted by mikko on Thu, 09 Aug 2007 - 13:23

Alright I thinks it's about time we started a new thread for the Rotax Max Chellenge, get it the attention it deserves... next round is THIS WEEKEND.

Everyone is invited to come down to the track to have a look at the racing and the karts and the drivers.

We're expecting a good grid in the Rotax Max Seniors with a few new drivers, 2 drivers from the Petronas Formula BMW team, and the return of 1 or 2 drivers that haven't done a race in a while - I'm hoping for about 25 drivers, so a lot of action on track!

Rotax Max Juniors should be a big grid as well, at about 20.
[b]
Entry to the race track is free of charge.[/b]

Each category will have 1 free practice session, one time trial, and one heat on the Saturday. This is a good day to come if you want to ask a lot of questions from drivers, officials, and kart shop owners on how you can get started.

Sunday is a bit more action-packed with a free practice, 1 more heat, and a pre-final and final for each category. First heat on Sunday starts at about 10am, so show up around then or at the latest at 1:30pm or so and you'll have a lot of racing to watch.

Forum topics

Intend to see you,Ikhwan, Ede and Dasila in the Sunday action, but Saturdays are reserved for chicken wings session with my crazy my-kart mates and their families.

[quote=naza]Intend to see you,Ikhwan, Ede and Dasila in the Sunday action, but Saturdays are reserved for chicken wings session with my crazy my-kart mates and their families.

[/quote]

talking about chicken wings.. what time? is it like last saturday? or is it sunday? hmm... i heard from the lobster that its sunday..

[quote=saa73]make it Sunday larr this weekend...on Sat both lobster and I would be doing up our new apartments...[/quote]

...There are corporate events on Sunday but they will end at about 3 pm. After that, rain or shine ain't gonna be a problem for them chicken wingers... :P

[quote=mikko]argh... I invite you guys to come watch racing and you end up going for chicken wings (?!?) instead! ;) [/quote]

Mikko, our biggest problem is that we are track junkies and must be on the track and not at the side of the track! No offence Bro!

Mr Lobster.....that's the spirit my boy! I make a very poor spectator too!!

BUT there's always the RMC races you can join....u have the perfect engine for it!!! LOL!

Will see if I can join this chicky run too on Sunday after 3pm.

[quote=timmsm]Mikko, our biggest problem is that we are track junkies and must be on the track and not at the side of the track! No offence Bro![/quote]

yea.. sitting there and just looking at people racing is tormenting!! maybe its just a chicken wings.. but hey.. i am on the track!

[quote=timmsm]Mikko, our biggest problem is that we are track junkies and must be on the track and not at the side of the track! No offence Bro![/quote]
Racing license costs only RM125... what're you waiting for!

[quote=mikko]
Racing license costs only RM125... what're you waiting for!
[/quote]
Step 1: Get Racing gear (Homo helmet, Homo suit, Homo gloves etc suitable for chosen discipline)
Step 2: Get racing vehicle (kart, bike or any other highly tuned racing machine)
Step 3: THEN Get racing license
Step 4: Practise, practise, practise
Step 5: Then race

The basics of racing...I'm only partway thru step 1, (Homo helmet...saving up for that). You on the other hand mark, have no excuse...contact MAA and make us proud!