I need a favour...

Submitted by Iskandar Zulkarnain on Sat, 11 Aug 2007 - 12:23

Is any one here willing to spend a couple of hours teaching me how to handle a 125 kart? the bad news...You'd have to lend the kart to me. i'd have no problem paying the track fee, but if i have to rent it from you, there goes my chance at rd 9 and 10. lemme know if you can and at what price...

Forum topics

Dude,
If you can handle a 100cc kart, you can also handle a 125cc after a few laps of familiarisation on it. There is nothing to stop you from renting 100cc karts which is available at CK, Elite and Sepang. After that join us in K2 laaaaar......!

[quote=naza]Dude,
If you can handle a 100cc kart, you can also handle a 125cc after a few laps of familiarisation on it. There is nothing to stop you from renting 100cc karts which is available at CK, Elite and Sepang. After that join us in K2 laaaaar......![/quote]
K2?...not until i can buaya my backside to the winner's circle in k3 :D

Agree with naza- you should start with the 100cc karts for a few practice rounds. this will give u a feel on how to handle the brakes and bringing the kart from top speed to the right speed for the corner.

agree with all of them.. but maybe you want to warm up with the 80cc since you are used to it.. then get on the 100cc for a round or two to get the feel of it.. i am doing it this way too.. this way you can know the difference in braking and accel point of a 80cc and 100cc.. its slightly different.. and if you are not afraid of the speed in the corner.. 100cc turns really faster..

There seem to be quite a few my-karters keen on wanting to experience what its like to bang around the track on a 125 cc kart. I conveyed this to CK's boss with the intention to find out whether a 125cc kart can be rented for a special price for my-kart's sake. His special offer is as follows:

CRG Road rebel Racing kart + PRD 125cc Air cooled @ RM 70.00 for 10mins.

This is a one off offer and can be ready for rent immediately after My-kart Round 8 race on 19th August next week. Interested?....list your name below:

1. Iski (confirm...???)

There seem to be quite a few my-karters keen on wanting to experience what its like to bang around the track on a 125 cc kart. I conveyed this to CK's boss with the intention to find out whether a 125cc kart can be rented for a special price for my-kart's sake. His special offer is as follows:

This is a one off offer and can be ready for rent immediately after My-kart Round 8 race on 19th August next week. Interested?....list your name below:

1. Iski (confirm...???)
2. Edwyn (Did you asked just now?)

[quote=bombe994][color=#cc0000]naza, how much would AP normally charge if we want to rent their CRG? I was thinking of having a half day practice on it ...[/color][/quote]

Bro,
No rental rates were published for renting 125cc karts as yet. Its really a one to one request and the only thing I remembered was that they want assurance that the driver is competent to at least handle a 100cc kart plus some testimony by a regular CK karter.

No matter, just approach AP one on one on that day.

1. Iski (confirm)

I just remembered...will rd 8 be finished by 1200-1230? cos i gotta be home by 1300, got stuff 2 do at 1330...after all this time, i never bothered to check the finish times of our events...

1. Iski (confirm)
3. Ruben (50-50: depends on how my 1st my-kart race goes)

[quote=RawFlesh]
Ruben (50-50: depends on how my 1st my-kart race goes)
[/quote]

dude,

you are the one who is doing the 1:14-1:15.. shouldn't be a problem on your 1st my-kart race.. i am the one should be nervous of the 1st race and at the same time enjoying it

*Touch Wood*

If i end up upside down, i dont think I can do the 125s ;) :D

Just saw that scary video.... Same thing happened to me on the last lap yesterday..... Lesson learnt after watchin da vid, give way and there's alwiz another corner to overtake....

[quote=RawFlesh]*Touch Wood*

If i end up upside down, i dont think I can do the 125s ;) :D

Just saw that scary video.... Same thing happened to me on the last lap yesterday..... Lesson learnt after watchin da vid, give way and there's alwiz another corner to overtake....[/quote]

well, if you are keen on racing with others but just enjoying the speed and the machine and just let everyone passes you... i reckon there shouldn't be a problem and you wont be turtle..

Iskandar Zulkarnain

Wed, 15 Aug 2007 - 00:25

confirmation in danger, have 2 b at carrefour sj by 1 or else they'll dock my allowance by rm50...so lets make sure the rd 8 ends at 1220... :up: mykart boleh! forza mykart!

[quote=Iskandar Zulkarnain]confirmation in danger, have 2 b at carrefour sj by 1 or else they'll dock my allowance by rm50...so lets make sure the rd 8 ends at 1220... :up: mykart boleh! forza mykart![/quote]

very simple...if you all turn up at 7.30am...we can definitely finish by 12.30pm....

[quote=saa73][quote=Iskandar Zulkarnain]confirmation in danger, have 2 b at carrefour sj by 1 or else they'll dock my allowance by rm50...so lets make sure the rd 8 ends at 1220... :up: mykart boleh! forza mykart![/quote]

very simple...if you all turn up at 7.30am...we can definitely finish by 12.30pm....[/quote]

maybe you guys can camp outside the circuit.. so you wont be late!

[quote=edwynlow]
maybe you guys can camp outside the circuit.. so you wont be late[/quote]

If you do so, pls remember to bring your waterproof sleeping bags, monsoon rated tents and a change of clothings. It's forecasted to have an unbelievable heavy rain on Friday evening into Saturday morning. :D