sing-KART?

Submitted by Iskandar Zulkarnain on Tue, 16 Oct 2007 - 09:57

Singapore karting racers, that's the name of a new amateur karting club in singapore. 1st race? Nov 11th at jurong kart world. Registration? through yahoo! groups. Sounds familliar eh?. I wish our singapore brethren good luck and a quick growth, up to the point where we can have a "battle of the amateur racers" check em out at http://asia.groups.yahoo.com/group/sg-karting-racers/

Forum topics

anybody know the people there? perhaps they can join my-kart and implement the same in SG?

btw, the name should remain my-kart - as the point of origin (my) should be intact. so any branch in singapore should be "my-kart singapore".

[quote=TheFazz]anybody know the people there? perhaps they can join my-kart and implement the same in SG?

btw, the name should remain my-kart - as the point of origin (my) should be intact. so any branch in singapore should be "my-kart singapore".[/quote]

Since we have a few Singaporeans who are originally racing in my-kart events, maybe we can talk to them and see if there are interested in making "my-kart singapore" a reality?

[quote=saa73]we should despatch our Singapore spy, Jason G, to have a look...or perhaps who knows, he may well be the founder of this Sing Kart group? hehehe..[/quote]

...Yeah Jason will a good rep for my-kart and dont forget about Angeline!...she is still in Singapore I presume.....hellooooo Angie...are you there?

[quote=RawFlesh]If all things goes well.... I'll be in S'pore too..... No more my-kart :( UNless i can convince my wife to come back for it :D So, i hope my-kart S'pore kicks off....[/quote]

so when are you going to Singapore? going to miss another buaya~ but maybe you, jason and angeline can be the founders of my-kart singapore and making it happen :up: and then we can have a half year reunion or year reunion where we gather either in singapore or ck for a reunion event (malaysia and singapore) ;)

[quote=edwynlow]fazz,

any comments on my-kart singapore?[/quote]

ahead of you there. i've established contact with the guy who set it up: fuji sartono (who also is a registered member of the my-kart mailing list at yahoo). essentially, i believe there is a joint collaboration opportunity here.... after all, we've always wanted to create a my-kart singapore anyways... only lacked a champion / core volunteers to help make it happen. i would suggest that my-karters living in singapore establish contact with fuji.

will let him respond.

[quote=TheFazz][quote=edwynlow]fazz,

any comments on my-kart singapore?[/quote]

ahead of you there. i've established contact with the guy who set it up: fuji sartono (who also is a registered member of the my-kart mailing list at yahoo). essentially, i believe there is a joint collaboration opportunity here.... after all, we've always wanted to create a my-kart singapore anyways... only lacked a champion / core volunteers to help make it happen. i would suggest that my-karters living in singapore establish contact with fuji.

will let him respond.[/quote]

Great to have you as the founders.. keep it up~

[quote=edwynlow]so when are you going to Singapore? going to miss another buaya~ but maybe you, jason and angeline can be the founders of my-kart singapore and making it happen :up: and then we can have a half year reunion or year reunion where we gather either in singapore or ck for a reunion event (malaysia and singapore) ;) [/quote]

When? Should be next yr....

Small buaya must go find another track to swim in, too many big buaya in my-kart at the moment :D

Yeah, I'd be glad to help out in establishing my-kart S'pore.... Fazz, how do i get in touch?

I think we can have team M'sia vs team S'pore yearly comp ;)

[quote=RawFlesh]Yeah, I'd be glad to help out in establishing my-kart S'pore.... Fazz, how do i get in touch?

I think we can have team M'sia vs team S'pore yearly comp ;)[/quote]

great thanks. i suggest you register yourself with the mailing list (i have done so).

fazz

Hi all ..

Thanks for all your comments, enthusiasms, and feedback.

In the last 1 week I've been in touch with Fazz and been recently introduced to Jason. They've been very helpful in helping me set up a Karting club in Singapore.

And I'm proud to announce that Singapore Karting Racers Club is born :-)

The philosophy behind this club is very much similar to my-kart.org. In fact I'd like to openly say that I'm shamelessly copying as much as I can what you guys have done at my-kart. Simply because your format has worked well.

We've now formed a core team of people who will be the nucleus of our club. We've met and have announced our first event through several avenues (forum sites, car clubs, word-of-mouth, etc.).

The upcoming event will be on the 24th November 2007 at ...(tada!).. Permas Jaya.

Fazz has shared with me my-kart's qualifying and race formats and we've decided to follow the same principles.

Lastly I'd like to encourage my-kart members/racers who live in Singapore to come and support our event .. whether as a spectator or racers .. we're very excited about this and would definitely love to meet you guys and talk some more .. so guys, please get in touch with me okay ..

Talk to you guys again soon .. cheers ..

[quote=fsartono]Talk to you guys again soon .. cheers ..[/quote]

why don't you visit here daily? i would consider your group a "my-kart singapore". we can even create a singapore group for you guys on this very website...

[quote=TheFazz][quote=fsartono]Talk to you guys again soon .. cheers ..[/quote]

why don't you visit here daily? i would consider your group a "my-kart singapore". we can even create a singapore group for you guys on this very website...[/quote]

with a full army of resident hardcore karters at your doorstep!

fuji,

I'll be in Singapore from 15-18 Nov. Perhaps we could meet up and have a discussion about your Nov 24th event? As co-founder of my-KART I've run far too many of these events than I can remember, and can share some tips with you. WOuld be great to meet up with Angie and any other my-Karters who are now in Singapore.

My number's +6012-3904887; could you send me yours, maybe by Private Msg? I'll promote yr event to my Singapore friends too..some of them already have 100/125cc karts at Permas...in fact, they tell me Permas is a really excellent track and mimics the Pasir Gudang car track...must try it out...I'm tempted to go down to Permas on 24th Nov too!:)

Hi saa73 ..

Glad to be able to meet you .. In fact the Singapore Karting Racers Club members here will meet on the 16th to finalize our plans .. you're definitely more than welcome .. if your schedule doesn't allow you to join on the 16th, I can meet you personally while you're here .. i'll at least try to get 1 or 2 of the core members to join.

As you mentioned, any tips would help us a lot cuz we're just starting out and we want to make sure we can replicate what you guys did at my-kart so succesfully! The key for me is to develop the right culture & atmosphere so we can sustain the interest long term.

I'll send you a PM to give you my details.

ps/ do join us for the 24th Nov event @ Permas Jaya too.

Cheers,
FUJI.

[quote=saa73]fuji,

I'll be in Singapore from 15-18 Nov. Perhaps we could meet up and have a discussion about your Nov 24th event? As co-founder of my-KART I've run far too many of these events than I can remember, and can share some tips with you. WOuld be great to meet up with Angie and any other my-Karters who are now in Singapore.

My number's +6012-3904887; could you send me yours, maybe by Private Msg? I'll promote yr event to my Singapore friends too..some of them already have 100/125cc karts at Permas...in fact, they tell me Permas is a really excellent track and mimics the Pasir Gudang car track...must try it out...I'm tempted to go down to Permas on 24th Nov too!:)[/quote]

[quote=fsartono]Hi saa73 ..

Glad to be able to meet you .. In fact the Singapore Karting Racers Club members here will meet on the 16th to finalize our plans .. you're definitely more than welcome .. if your schedule doesn't allow you to join on the 16th, I can meet you personally while you're here .. i'll at least try to get 1 or 2 of the core members to join.

[/quote]FUJI, great stuff, got yr number too. Just found out that our Race Technical Director, Luen, will be in Singapore at the same time too. We'll see whether we can join you on the 16th, but hopefully it's in the evening after work....although I gotta check with Luen on his plans..in case he's planning to go to Geylang for beef noodles or something.. ;)
I'll most likely be staying in a hotel near Clarke Quay, in the vicinity of my office, so do let me know where your meeting's gonna be held....hope it's not too far in the Heartlands as I'll get lost then!!

Hi ..

1/ I can help Luen with the 'something'
2/ Meeting will be in the evening, most likely near Clarke Quay in fact. I can fetch you from there and we'll go to the meeting place.

Fuji.

[quote=saa73][quote=fsartono]Hi saa73 ..

[/quote]FUJI, great stuff, got yr number too. Just found out that our Race Technical Director, Luen, will be in Singapore at the same time too. We'll see whether we can join you on the 16th, but hopefully it's in the evening after work....although I gotta check with Luen on his plans..in case he's planning to go to Geylang for beef noodles or something.. ;)
I'll most likely be staying in a hotel near Clarke Quay, in the vicinity of my office, so do let me know where your meeting's gonna be held....hope it's not too far in the Heartlands as I'll get lost then!![/quote]

RawFlesh

Wed, 31 Oct 2007 - 16:59

In reply to by fsartono

Geylang beef noodles are good? What something is in Geylang?

Next time in S'pore, I'll go check em out....