UPDATES: 1st Event for Singapore Karting Racers Club, 24th Nov @ Permas Jaya

Submitted by fsartono on Tue, 30 Oct 2007 - 22:12

Hi all,

Many of you have expressed interest in taking part in our 1st Singapore Kart Racing event @ Permas Jaya.

To register please contact:
Fuji (fuji_sartono@yahoo.com.sg - 91269906)
Paul (cheung_pl@hotmail.com - 97605724)
Otomi (dc5_kate@hotmail.com - 92294045)

*Latest registration is the 16th November.
*Confirmation of participation only upon payment.
*We can arrange to meet you to collect the payment.

Below is the event details with some changes highlighted in [b]Bold[/b].

===============================================

[b]Hi Karting Members[/b],

Our FIRST club event will be held in Permas Jaya.
The event will include qualifying, with official timing, and racing for points.
We will have an F1-style start with [b]20 karts from the grid[/b]!!

Details are as follows:
Date: 24 Nov 2007 (Sat)
Time: Reach Track by 10am
Venue: Permas Go-Kart Track

*time & place of gathering in Singapore TBA.

Race Format:
1000 - Arrive & Briefing
1030 - Main Event

[b] - 10min Practice session
- 10min qualifying session
- 20min-long race[/b]

1230 - Prize Presentation
1000 - Lunch

Eligibility:
Drivers with little or no karting experience are welcome.
No. of people participating in race: 20.
No. of people going there: no limit, you may bring your spouses, friends, etc.

Costs & Registration:
The cost will be [b]SGD$65 per participant[/b], incl. transponders.
Latest payment by 16 Nov.

Mode of transport:
Car Pooling among members

** Karts will be allocated by a drawlot system since they are not homologated**

Forum topics

[quote=fsartono]yes anyone of you are welcome to join .. would be cool if some 'senior' my-kart members are around to teach us 'junior' sg karters the ropes ..

Fuji
www.KartingSingapore.com[/quote] Bapak Fuji-San...(hope you don't mind...we love to give each other nicknames in my-KART!) ;) , what capacity karts are you using? 80cc or 100cc? Looking at price I assume it's 80cc (works out to Rm100 per pax assuming 20 pax...roughly the same price as our 80cc class).

saa73@Azlan

[quote=saa73][quote=des_k]anyone from here interested ??? i can go for fun. since i never raced in permas jaya before.
we can car pool
[/quote]..wir gehen nacht Permas Jaya fur schneller karting???
[/quote]

not sure yet. but am sure interested in trying out other tracks with other drivers. will let you guys know through here when the day is near.. :up:

fuji - this kind of event is best posted as an "appointment" instead of "forum" topic, so it will appear on the calendar.

click here to post appointment.

for those who wish to participate, may i suggest you list down your names (pls use the "|" to demarcate the entry details:

#|name|nickname|contact no|email

1|fuji sartono|jive|xx|xx
2|
3|
4|

"We will have an [b]F1-style start[/b] with 20 karts from the grid!!"

I am not sure if this is the best start. Karting used to be rolling start. And it has it's point. Kart cannot be idle for too long..

Folks, register here....I've put in Desmond's name as another example!

#|name|nickname|contact no|email

2|Desmond Khoo| it's GOOOOODZ|
3|
4|

hi all ..

on fazz's suggestion i've posted this event in the calendar
http://club.my-kart.org/node/2314

should've thought of that in the first place :-)

Des, can I confirm your participation? If so I'll book a slot for you. Our 20 pax limit is reaching very soon.

For the rest who are interested, please fill up the form that I've posted at http://club.my-kart.org/node/2314 and send it back to me ASAP.

Alternatively since this thread is already on a roll, register your name in the format started by fazz as follows, and I'll PM you directly to confirm your participation. CHEERS!!

2|Desmond Khoo| it's GOOOOODZ|
3|
4|

Hi ALL,

Less than 2 weeks till our karting race on the 24th. Just want to let you know that we're meeting this Friday on the 16th at 9pm at MacDonalds at West Coast. This is to get to know one another, and to finalize a few things like qualifying/race formats, and logistics. Hope you can make it.

If you can't, just letting you know that we'll be meeting at the Old Woodlands Center at 8:50AM to carpool/convoy together into JB/Permas Jaya Track to reach there by around 1045. The event will start around 11AM.

Other things to note:
- Bring valid passport
- Wear non-open toe shoes
- Practice: 10 mins, Qualifying: 10 mins, Race: 20 lap race
- After event: the group will decide to go for lunch / shopping / massage
- Bring your spouses / family / etc.

If you have any questions, do let me know.

Fuji
fuji_sartono@yahoo.com.sg

8-) Quick report. I met up with Fuji Sartono on Friday night who kindly agreed to fetch me from the Harbourfront Center as I had no idea where West Coast Park was. Together with his lovely girlfriend Beverlyn (hope I got the name right!), we went over to McD's to meet up with the rest of the Sing Karters.
It was a healthy turnout with most of the 20 or so participants turning up, and the first problem was lack of seats! However, we eventually rustled up enough seats to start the meeting.
Basically:
- Fuji and his new friend Paul (they met on the Net) are the Fazz/AJK Makan equivalent!....I see great passion in them both and they were already talking to me about how to grow this Singapore group and karting in general in Singapore
- The group that turned up had different levels of experience in Karting, andone guy, David, was president of the now defunct Singapore Karter's Commission!
- Crucial to the success of this group will be the success of the first event next week, and making sure the group "gelled" and got along very well. They took some cues from the "AJK Makan" and will be arranging makan trips heheheh...
- Lack of facilities in Singapore is a big problem, but the level of interest in karting will pick up very fast in the runup and after the inaugral F1 Singapore.
- They are planning about 6 events per year, and will try to use other tracks such as Batam, Bintan, Permas and even Sepang and Shah Alam. They are plannign a karting trip to Sepang to coincide with F1 - potential for us to host them here!
- Also, they would benefit from alliances or help from karting enthusiasts in Singapore - I would urge Angie/Jason, etc to join and help them out, and any others, eg James Mitchell (Lotus team mate).
- They are not following my-KART's race formats now. In fact, will be running qualifying heats followed by a 20 LAP race! ,...i mean, wow, 20 laps is actually an ENDURO!...and especially since it's 1 min 30 secs per lap on 80cc.
- They are still debating the kart selection and weight of karters , etc, and have heard from me what we do..but will try their own format and perhaps refine them later.
- I heard Desmond Khoo has signed up for next week...pls confirm with Fuji and tell us if the track and format is goooooodz!

OKm, that was my long quick report! Lots more stories and photos too...will upload them when I get back to KL.

AJK Makan....looking for more Lobster dishes in Singapore!

[quote=saa73] 8-) Quick report. I met up with Fuji Sartono on Friday night who kindly agreed to fetch me from the Harbourfront Center as I had no idea where West Coast Park was. Together with his lovely girlfriend Beverlyn (hope I got the name right!), we went over to McD's to meet up with the rest of the Sing Karters. [/quote]

thanks for the report bro. hope to see fuji and paul more on this site to share experiences.

[quote=edwynlow]fazz.. maybe next finale at permas jaya, or somewhere else rather than CK?[/quote]

good idea but planning is needed and also to ensure participation (how many want to travel to kart only?).

hi all ...

first a BIG BIG THANK YOU to Azlan aka saa73 for meeting up with me and witnessing the 'birth' of Singapore's karting group. Paul (my partner in crime) spoke to me about how lucky we were to have one of my-kart's founding member there with us that night to impart some of his experience and guidance ..

to add to saa73's report above:
- yes we're very keen on organizing an f1-sepang trip+kart event+joint race w/ my-kart .. Fazz, we might want to start developing this plan early.

- race format for nov24th: prior to that night's pre-event meeting, we had several discussion on quali/race format: reverse grid, my-kart's format, normal grid, etc. in the end, we decided to leave the decision to the group to make sure everyone has a sense of ownership to how the club is run.

- I stated publicly that I want to achieve what my-kart has achieved and that philosophy and vision is similar .. I'm not ashamed to say that I'm copying shamelessly my-karts way of running the club (lol)

- my-kart guys in Singapore, namely Jason, Angeline, etc. please do support us in our upcoming races (january, etc.)

- January race = we're planning an event in Batam (possibly 3rd week of Jan). Azlan mentioned that members from my-kart might be keen. I'm more than happy to have you guys join us.

All right.. .that's it for now .. catch you guys again soon.

Fuji,

You're most welcome and I enjoyed meeting the group. As mentioned..a key success factor is how you guys bond after the first race, through other social activities, etc.

That Batam race sounds very appealing and I was talking to some other friends in Singapore last night and they also mentioned that Batam and Bintan tracks. I'm sure there'll be some interest from my-karters....guys and gals, what say you...let's head down south for some Soto Ayam Chicken Wings!!! :P

[quote=saa73] Fuji,

You're most welcome and I enjoyed meeting the group. As mentioned..a key success factor is how you guys bond after the first race, through other social activities, etc.

That Batam race sounds very appealing and I was talking to some other friends in Singapore last night and they also mentioned that Batam and Bintan tracks. I'm sure there'll be some interest from my-karters....guys and gals, what say you...let's head down south for some Soto Ayam Chicken Wings!!! :P[/quote]

any sites that links to batam track? and where is batam? how is the track layout?