Feedback needed: my-KART Social activities

Submitted by TheFazz on Sat, 21 Jan 2006 - 19:31

Folks,

I'd like to get your feedback with regards to having specific social activities for the my-kart club. This has been a topic which I have been advocating for sometime now, and recently gained an impetus after Yusnee and my meeting with Brian Palmer.

One of the things that makes any club successful is its fellowship, networking and family involvement. Brian gave some examples of such practices in other parts of the world. He states that many motorsport clubs in Malaysia hardly organise any race events and worse still do not hold social events. Social events are ways for members to get to know each other and allows them to understand more about the club as well as gives the informal feedback on how to further improve the club's activities and networking opportunities. This also provides outsiders with a chance to get to know more about the club.

I would like to re-activate this initiative, and have a monthly club night. In fact many other clubs have regular teh tarik (TT) nights. I'd like to suggest a monthly club night on say the 3rd tuesday of every month. The aim is for members to get together and have some food & drinks, whilst getting to know each other and their partners & even children. We can also use this my-kart night to bring contacts and people who want to know more about the club.

Please give me your views on -

1. monthly club nights
  2. 3rd Tuesday of the month
  3. venue - someplace comfortable & accessible via highways (to avoid jams)
Forum topics

[quote=TheFazz]The aim is for members to get together and have some food & drinks, whilst getting to know each other and their partners & even children.[/quote]

Not sure if this is relevant or not, but I do recall some discussion via e.mail not too long ago about having the final race and annual/year-end lunch/dinner do in Langkawi (the proposed venue then) where members can race & the family can holiday. If we plan early this is definitely do-able.

A regular TT event is a good idea, more so if it's open to family too (instead of just members).

Alvin Joseph

Tue, 24 Jan 2006 - 10:36

Great Idea. We should have a place where we can meet up, have some food & drinks. Anywhere is ok with me.
Apart from this in order for us to create more awareness
in Malaysia, i would also suggest that we try to do more inter club events or gathering.

Re-visiting this topic. Any ideas of a good place for members and their partners to join in?

pre-requisites of the place should be:

a. easy access
b. ample parking
c. good food & drinks
d. opens till late
e. got tv screen
f. must allow people to hang out, and not shoo us away

Alvin - how is shoru?

[quote=TheFazz]Re-visiting this topic. Any ideas of a good place for members and their partners to join in?

pre-requisites of the place should be:

a. easy access
b. ample parking
c. good food & drinks
d. opens till late
e. got tv screen
f. must allow people to hang out, and not shoo us away

Alvin - how is shoru?[/quote]

I've hung out at Shoru with the Liverpool FC Malaysia fan club...despite being a Man Utd fan ..it's all for my cousin's sake...comfortable, ample parking, good TT, stewardesses next door...oops..

other places to consider....where the mini club hangs out every Wed..Centrepoint Bdr Utama...or perhaps DiKayu mamak place next to Ikea but parking may be a prob if early evening....another place to consider would be Rasta's in Tmn Tun...either at the Coffee Hut or the Mamak next door...got big screens there...obviously all these places are around where I live so forgive the bias!...